indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Have you tried sitting back there? 😂

-RJM
Yep I've got a BRZ and family of 4 (two college kids). The back seat is hardly ideal but it's at least usable. Locally people can sit in back for shorter trips, it's been a decent vehicle for two persons on vacations loaded with gear, and I've used it to pick up some larger items with the back seat flip feature. So yeah it's got some advantages in that regard over Z/Supra.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
Fantastic video. Best of theirs to date.

And they answered the tire talk and ended up being exactly as I stated, it exacerbated the suspension flaws due to the better grip and force, and the Supra still stomped it into the ground on the track.

The Z is a GT car at best. That fuel cut is absolutely insane. Now people know you need to put out more money to be competitive in the Z. Not having adjustable dampers and those tires really showed how Nissan cheaped out, aka going for profit. Proper suspension, tires, brakes would put that up to Supra premium prices, and at that point, the Supras more premium fit and finish interior wins.

Still a cool car, no doubt. But I'm happy I went with what I did.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Nissan had several years to leap frog the first new Supra. Supra has already leap frogged itself from 20-2021 Feels like Nissan just took a frozen left over lasagna out of the freezer and stuck it in the microwave

I’m no Toyota fan Boi. Never owned one before this But the president of Toyota has shown amazing commitment to making many different GR and “racy” vehicles. Unless Nissan steps up the Nismo will come out and be even with the 2020 Supra and Supra has continued on and it competing with a higher segment
While I agree Toyota has looked ahead and committed to its next Supra back then, and what was available as performance platforms for the most viable joint venture, IMO Toyota should still commit to build its own JDM Supra as a whole. There are engines available that can be developed in-house, not to mention driveline and interior. I know this is old sentiment. Supra is still a better performer than the new Z, no doubt, but I still can't warm up to its roots. My take is not ALL about performance, and the Z has that 100% heritage.

One reason I didn't go the LS route on the 240Z, the RB26 it is.

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
While I agree Toyota has looked ahead and committed to its next Supra back then, and what was available as performance platforms for the most viable joint venture, IMO Toyota should still commit to build its own JDM Supra as a whole.
100% went from excited to uninterested when I learned that the Supra was a reskinned BMW. I have my own reasons for that, but at least the Z caters to my wants. Toyota producing their own Supra would take a lot more consideration.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
im sorry i like all sports car and anything fast but the Oh but atleast its JDM thing is a sorry ass excuse and its starting to make me feel this what i see everytime its said
1660486703216.png

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
im sorry i like all sports car and anything fast but the Oh but atleast its JDM thing is a sorry ass excuse and its starting to make me feel this what i see everytime its said
1660486703216.png
It's not a "sorry ass excuse" just because other people value different things when it comes to ownership of a machine doesn't make them wrong in how they prefer to spend their money.

I'd rather own a Nissan long term than a BMW, and had the new Supra been a real Toyota, I'd WAY rather own a Toyota than a Nissan. I'd even consider a 86 if it weren't so dinky and underpowered. At least it's Japanese.
Yup, I'm that guy, I won't even buy Korean. I leased a German car 7 years ago and it was in the shop 10 times, including a DSG replacement and a sunroof assembly replacement.
I've owned my Q60 more than 4 years and 55k miles, it still looks and runs like brand new. That's much more important to me than ultimate performance stats and having the shitty but reliable 7AT. I own cars a long time. I'm not convinced by BMW, yet.

I may change my mind if 6MT Supras go on discount and I decide to lease.....

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
It's not a "sorry ass excuse" just because other people value different things when it comes to ownership of a machine doesn't make them wrong in how they prefer to spend their money.

I'd rather own a Nissan long term than a BMW, and had the new Supra been a real Toyota, I'd WAY rather own a Toyota than a Nissan. I'd even consider a 86 if it weren't so dinky and underpowered. At least it's Japanese.
Yup, I'm that guy, I won't even buy Korean. I leased a German car 7 years ago and it was in the shop 10 times, including a DSG replacement and a sunroof assembly replacement.
I've owned my Q60 more than 4 years and 55k miles, it still looks and runs like brand new. That's much more important to me than ultimate performance stats and having the shitty but reliable 7AT. I own cars a long time. I'm not convinced by BMW, yet.

I may change my mind if 6MT Supras go on discount and I decide to lease.....
whatever makes you sleep better at night

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
While I agree Toyota has looked ahead and committed to its next Supra back then, and what was available as performance platforms for the most viable joint venture, IMO Toyota should still commit to build its own JDM Supra as a whole. There are engines available that can be developed in-house, not to mention driveline and interior. I know this is old sentiment. Supra is still a better performer than the new Z, no doubt, but I still can't warm up to its roots. My take is not ALL about performance, and the Z has that 100% heritage.

One reason I didn't go the LS route on the 240Z, the RB26 it is.
I would love Toyota to step up too, but at the time Sports Cars were "dying." But they build the new 86, the Supra, and see other sports cars getting snapped up now, I bet Toyota would build the Supra different if design started today.

That said, I never understood the insult that it's a BMW. The Supra is the best M-car in a long long time, think about that.

100% went from excited to uninterested when I learned that the Supra was a reskinned BMW. I have my own reasons for that, but at least the Z caters to my wants. Toyota producing their own Supra would take a lot more consideration.
Doesn't make sense. The Supra is the best M-car in a long time and super capable.

B58 is one of the best mass produced 6cyl currently.

As far as competitive with who? You don't think the Z is cross shopped with Supra, Mustang, Camaro, M240i? Even a GR86 should be taken into consideration as we seen.

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
and what if the supra gets high pro version also then what, this is a game of what ifs, like what if they would of just done it right in the first place
that wasnt my point at all, my point was that "only moron can expect nissan beat bmw" is a cheap excuse because they absolutely could, they have all the capacity to do that, in either performance or price. they just did not, unfortunately, this time. which is quite disappointing

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
that wasnt my point at all, my point was that "only moron can expect nissan beat bmw" is a cheap excuse because they absolutely could, they have all the capacity to do that, in either performance or price. they just did not, unfortunately, this time. which is quite disappointing
welp i can only say this better sell like hotcakes cause if they dont sell well , no one is going to get a chance to even see a nismo