First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Buguatti Trax
Occupation
CUV Enthusiast
The video will mostly be driven by interviews to start. Talking about how the car came about and some dire realities about fun cars. It transitions into the technical parts and changes with car and why. All completely vetted by Nissan, as we discuss front to back. (We had engineering there) Then the drive and the honest conclusions about where this car is today and in future.

What is left off the table here in all lauch videos... how do the production cars compare to competitors on street and track.

I consider this chapter 1 for people.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
The video will mostly be driven by interviews to start. Talking about how the car came about and some dire realities about fun cars. It transitions into the technical parts and changes with car and why. All completely vetted by Nissan, as we discuss front to back. (We had engineering there) Then the drive and the honest conclusions about where this car is today and in future.

What is left off the table here in all lauch videos... how do the production cars compare to competitors on street and track.

I hope that there is at least a nod to street driving in your review. Love the track driving content but the primary criterion for me in deciding whether to exercise my reservation (besides price) is how it drives on-road.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security

Only launches, what about other transitional comparisons - slalom, figure 8, skidpad, track? What I'm looking for really.

dezoris

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Buguatti Trax
Occupation
CUV Enthusiast
Only launches, what about other transitional comparisons - slalom, figure 8, skidpad, track? What I'm looking for really.
Thats not happening on initial launch videos until the production cars get in press fleets. But those static numbers like that are un helpful for so many reasons. Unless cars are on similar tires, same, day same surface, same temperatures, humidity... To get a fleet of cars in that condition at same time is usually not cost effective.

We started doing lap times on cars and realized quickly how much variation there was based on wind speed, track temps, how rubbered in track was, dust it became meaningless.

OP
OP
2017370ZBlack

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
I hope that there is at least a nod to street driving in your review. Love the track driving content but the primary criterion for me in deciding whether to exercise my reservation (besides price) is how it drives on-road.
It will be great on-street. It won't beat you up. I drive my 370Z all over the country and it's comfortable, even while I have a HKS coilover suspension on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.