DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Watching it now, very impressive work.... Well that was interesting, they come to almost the opposite conclusion about the car than Cammista with respect to its controllability.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Nicely done overall tech info!

dezoris

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Buguatti Trax
Occupation
CUV Enthusiast
Watching it now, very impressive work.... Well that was interesting, they come to almost the opposite conclusion about the car than Cammista with respect to its controllability.
We drove it on dry and wet parts of track in corners. Car was way more progressive in back than 370z. Jack was sliding it around no issues.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
We drove it on dry and wet parts of track in corners. Car was way more progressive in back than 370z. Jack was sliding it around no issues.
Million $ (or should I say $29k CAD) question: worth the premium over a GR86 as a fun sportscar primarily for street driving, mostly urban use? Or too early to tell?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Million $ (or should I say $29k CAD) question: worth the premium over a GR86 as a fun sportscar primarily for street driving, mostly urban use? Or too early to tell?
Yes..I’ve done it before I’ll do it again…as many others like me do

Last edited:

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
@dezoris

So how about where it stands against the Camaro SS 1LE, M240i, Supra, Mustang GTPP, etc.

Amazing quality on that video, as expected. Top shelf stuff right there.

dezoris

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Buguatti Trax
Occupation
CUV Enthusiast
Anyone who says the 86 has a better motor than this car is nuts. Jack has a GR86 and I spent the last week driving it and while its amazing for the price, compared to the Z it feels slow motion.

Jack was saying even if you spent 10k on an 86 it wont be as fast as a Z. If you got a 40k Z did an LSD, tires, pads and maybe dampers you will be flying for 46k.

I will say this again, get out there and drive the car. Its better than the 370 in every way and a good mix between a GT and what the 86 is. Feels far more livable and less claustrophic than Supra. Toyota pulled the ultimate PR move to sh*t on Nissans parade with manual announcement, so who knows when that car will be available.

Is the Z a quantum leap forward? No and we don't need that right now. BMW, Hyundai, Audi, Mercedes and everyone else is swinging for fences with everything being hyper electromechanical, this feels older school in a good way. Im not sure what people expected here?

dezoris

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Buguatti Trax
Occupation
CUV Enthusiast
@dezoris

So how about where it stands against the Camaro SS 1LE, M240i, Supra, Mustang GTPP, etc.

Amazing quality on that video, as expected. Top shelf stuff right there.
SS1LE would destroy this car on track but its not an all around better car. M240i and Supra are fast, but suspension wise has that modern BMW problem with power and connection to driver. You are flying but feel like you are not doing a lot besides controlling rear end. They are the epitomy of modern sports cars, capable and accessible but lack rawness. Mustang feels 15 years old now. Its incredibly capable and viceral but lacks precision and feels the heaviest. You may run faster laps in the Tang and Camaro however.

Where does that leave Z? Its the only doublewishbone car. its a tuner car like the previous 350/370 It has high overhead for tuning. It will be flying with minor work. And as it stands its already fast and connected to drive. It feels Nissan and represents the last of its kind for Japanese GTs.

What would I change? Swap Nismo pads or BBK. Tires of course and alignment. Maybe real coilovers for track. It would be all good.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
SS1LE would destroy this car on track but its not an all around better car. M240i and Supra are fast, but suspension wise has that modern BMW problem with power and connection to driver. You are flying but feel like you are not doing a lot besides controlling rear end. They are the epitomy of modern sports cars, capable and accessible but lack rawness. Mustang feels 15 years old now. Its incredibly capable and viceral but lacks precision and feels the heaviest. You may run faster laps in the Tang and Camaro however.

Where does that leave Z? Its the only doublewishbone car. its a tuner car like the previous 350/370 It has high overhead for tuning. It will be flying with minor work. And as it stands its already fast and connected to drive. It feels Nissan and represents the last of its kind for Japanese GTs.

What would I change? Swap Nismo pads or BBK. Tires of course and alignment. Maybe real coilovers for track. It would be all good.
If you're buying the stripper model, with intention to mod, then only then does it make sense. But dealing with aftermarket stuff like diffs, dialing in suspension for street/track, and brakes, that's a pain. Especially if they trip out the ECU.

Motor wise. I'm done modding that with big power and tunes. One catastrophic engine failure is enough for me.

In my case, where I'm at now from wants and needs, the SS 1LE is the way to go I think. In fact, I placed an order today.

BTW, you did a ZL-1 review, we need to find you a SS 1LE to review.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Is the Z a quantum leap forward? No and we don't need that right now.
And this right here is the problem. It's not yet they price it like it is.

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
The easy proof will be if they sell or not.
They will sell every one they can make.
I'll be buying one in a year or two (I could order one today if I wanted, but want to take a trip to Japan and Italy when travel gets better).
Thanks for your hard work dezoris!