2017370ZBlack

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
WTF does anyone have to say about the ND?! - It's the best damned Miata ever......even the hardcore NA guys say that.

As for wheels......I just want some 370Z Nismo v1 wheels in Gunmetal wrapped in PS4S (hoping PS5S comes our way soon) - I'm not hard to please.

Most of my money is going under the hood, I'm not waiting for the Nismo.......I suspect it'll be a bigger jump in price than we're used to.
Agree on the 370Z Nismo V1 wheels- I have them on my 370Z and they would look great on the new Z as well- they should be a perfect fit. New ones still available from Concept Z Performance.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
lol incase the volks become the new stocks cause so many people get them ive been looking at a few other places like these Kansei KNP

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
lol incase the volks become the new stocks cause so many people get them ive been looking at a few other places like these Kansei KNP
I mean, they kinda are from the factory with the performance trim since they are made by Rays Engineering which makes Volks haha. In fact, I kinda like those wheels. If they don't weight a lot, I'd consider them for track duty, and get some more showy stuff for daily. Or maybe the other way around. We shall see.

That's if I can even get a Z the way things are going.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
i looked up the weight people are saying the knp 19x10.5 are about 25 pound which the Te37 are about 21 pounds also another choice if u like them are TSW bathhusrt which i had on the GT 19x10.5 were 22 -23ish pounds

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Bro, you are a glutton for punishment!

I love me some Nissan, but sometimes you gotta take a break!
OH MAN... you caught me during a bored moment at work! HERE WE GO!

I have strayed from Nissan before. I had a 2012 Mazdaspeed 3 for a while (wicked fun... sadly cursed by Beelzebub or something... my fiance at the time tried to take out a semi tire on the interstate with it and the tire won at 60 MPH). First car was a 97 Cavalier, the car I tried to kill but couldn't until a crazy old lady in a Jaguar XJ decided to t-bone me on her way into Burger King).

However, the only time I ever felt like I was a glutton for punishment was when I bought German.

My second car ever was a 2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg POS Edition. I bought the car CPO with 28k on the clock. It took replacing rear brake caliper hardware, a passenger side wheel bearing, a trunk release assembly, a glove box assembly, a center console assembly, a coolant temperature sensor, a bank 2 O2 sensor, four (4) mass airflow sensors, and a full transmission and clutch to take that car to 80k miles. I fired that car into the sun as soon as I could convince my parents to let me trade it (I paid for it, but loan and insurance were in their name at the time - ergo I needed their permission. It was also the last time their name was on anything I drove or lived in).

Despite that experience, we tried a 2020 Audi Q7 through Costco two summers ago... It was really fun to drive, but the absolute worst on practical amenities in a segment that's supposed to be configured for practical use (3 row crossovers). At 800 miles, I swung a shovel into the passenger door window.

STORYTIME.

The front doors on a 2020 Audi Q7 have power window-like buttons for lock and unlocking the doors, but the back seats have a dead button where the unlock button would be, but they do have a lock button just in case your 4 year old needs to lock the back doors from his car seat with his feet. My son kicked the lock button precisely the second after my wife got out of the car to let him out. Her purse (with the key and her phone) were in the passenger seat. This was in my garage at home, so I came outside with my spare key... that did not work. Turns out the dealer gave us a key to a $130k SQ7 instead of a spare key to our Q7 when we took delivery.

So I logged into the phone's app to remotely unlock the car (it's 2020... WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY!). It did not give me permission to do so because the app believed my wife was still in the car with her keys, because DAS SECURITY. We had only had the car for two weeks at the time, so I had full Audi concierge service on trial, and I went through the SOS feature in the app. I got through to a real live human being in less than 15 seconds! (BECAUSE DAS AUTO!) I explain my son has locked himself inside the car and I need them to remote unlock this car because DAS EMERGENCY. "We cannot do that - you have to call 911." While a 2000 Chevy Tahoe with OnStar can do this exact thing (BECAUSE DAS AMERICA), but a 2020 Audi Q7 NO DAS REMOTE UNLOCK. DAS LOCKED AF. I reached for the closest blunt object I had, which was a shovel in my garage, and WINDOW DAS BROKE.

THE LESSON - yeah, we found out after the fact that there is a switch up front (an it is an ANALOG switch for a change in a design philosophy that eschews any analog buttons for digital ones because DAS PRETTY) that disables the rear lock controls. The dealership didn't feel the need to show us this useful feature after staring at us in a daze as we installed our car seats into the Q7. Also didn't test DAS KEY, but maybe he was trying to help a brotha out and hook me up with an SQ7 UNDER DAS TABLE. We also learned that our user profile that the dealer set up for us was a guest profile and not an owner profile. SO NO DAS PERMISSIONS. They did fix the window (as well as the door where I missed das window with das American shovel on the first swing.)

In addition to DAS CHILDGATE, having to go through touchscreen menus to get to a heated seat control absolutely kills me. Cup holders are hot garbage unless the only thing you drink is a slim-can Red Bull (DAS ENERGY!). Having a tire compressor that you can't use if you're driving solo absolutely kills me. (EU has a law that won't allow cars to run idle for cars MY2020 and newer. If you need to add air to a tire and you're driving by yourself, the outlet that powers the air compressor shuts off when the car does. If you get out of the seat to pump the tire the car shuts off.) No remote start available on any Audi product. Nice rear cargo area, but really small opening to get to it (relative to most in the class). Our stroller wouldn't fit despite the cargo volume numbers suggesting it would.

Maybe there's some roundabout way to make the outlet stay powered so I can pump a tire with the compressor Audi supplied (with instructions ONLY in German for a North American market car), but there shouldn't be. It's either a wicked oversight or a scenario intended to promote purchase of Audi Concierge Services. Also, a $65k Audi doesn't tell you what the tire pressures are in your tires. You have to manually input them into the infotainment after manually checking with a tire pressure gauge. The car is smart enough to tell you that a tire is low on pressure, but doesn't present that information to you. "GUESS WHICH DAS TIRE DOESN'T HAVE DAS AIR?"

BUT RICER... WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH SAVAGEGEESE INSINUATING THAT THE NEW Z IS AMAZING?

Well... I know this Z is not DAS AUTO with a bunch of tech for tech's sake and not usability sake. I know this car will tell me what my tire pressures are without playing a game of "Who Wants to Be Stuck on the Side of the Road" and requiring me to phone a friend and find out. I know this car doesn't have back seats for my kids to get into and lock themselves into. I know I'll probably get this car with two matching keys. You mean to tell me this Savagegeese fella says the car is awesome to drive on top of all that? I'm DAS IN YO.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic

I have strayed from Nissan before. I had a 2012 Mazdaspeed 3 for a while (wicked fun... sadly cursed by Beelzebub or something... my fiance at the time tried to take out a semi tire on the interstate with it and the tire won at 60 MPH). First car was a 97 Cavalier, the car I tried to kill but couldn't until a crazy old lady in a Jaguar XJ decided to t-bone me on her way into Burger King).

However, the only time I ever felt like I was a glutton for punishment was when I bought German.

My second car ever was a 2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg POS Edition. I bought the car CPO with 28k on the clock. It took replacing rear brake caliper hardware, a passenger side wheel bearing, a trunk release assembly, a glove box assembly, a center console assembly, a coolant temperature sensor, a bank 2 O2 sensor, four (4) mass airflow sensors, and a full transmission and clutch to take that car to 80k miles. I fired that car into the sun as soon as I could convince my parents to let me trade it (I paid for it, but loan and insurance were in their name at the time - ergo I needed their permission. It was also the last time their name was on anything I drove or lived in).

Despite that experience, we tried a 2020 Audi Q7 through Costco two summers ago... It was really fun to drive, but the absolute worst on practical amenities in a segment that's supposed to be configured for practical use (3 row crossovers). At 800 miles, I swung a shovel into the passenger door window.

STORYTIME.

The front doors on a 2020 Audi Q7 have power window-like buttons for lock and unlocking the doors, but the back seats have a dead button where the unlock button would be, but they do have a lock button just in case your 4 year old needs to lock the back doors from his car seat with his feet. My son kicked the lock button precisely the second after my wife got out of the car to let him out. Her purse (with the key and her phone) were in the passenger seat. This was in my garage at home, so I came outside with my spare key... that did not work. Turns out the dealer gave us a key to a $130k SQ7 instead of a spare key to our Q7 when we took delivery.

So I logged into the phone's app to remotely unlock the car (it's 2020... WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY!). It did not give me permission to do so because the app believed my wife was still in the car with her keys, because DAS SECURITY. We had only had the car for two weeks at the time, so I had full Audi concierge service on trial, and I went through the SOS feature in the app. I got through to a real live human being in less than 15 seconds! (BECAUSE DAS AUTO!) I explain my son has locked himself inside the car and I need them to remote unlock this car because DAS EMERGENCY. "We cannot do that - you have to call 911." While a 2000 Chevy Tahoe with OnStar can do this exact thing (BECAUSE DAS AMERICA), but a 2020 Audi Q7 NO DAS REMOTE UNLOCK. DAS LOCKED AF. I reached for the closest blunt object I had, which was a shovel in my garage, and WINDOW DAS BROKE.

THE LESSON - yeah, we found out after the fact that there is a switch up front (an it is an ANALOG switch for a change in a design philosophy that eschews any analog buttons for digital ones because DAS PRETTY) that disables the rear lock controls. The dealership didn't feel the need to show us this useful feature after staring at us in a daze as we installed our car seats into the Q7. Also didn't test DAS KEY, but maybe he was trying to help a brotha out and hook me up with an SQ7 UNDER DAS TABLE. We also learned that our user profile that the dealer set up for us was a guest profile and not an owner profile. SO NO DAS PERMISSIONS. They did fix the window (as well as the door where I missed das window with das American shovel on the first swing.)

In addition to DAS CHILDGATE, having to go through touchscreen menus to get to a heated seat control absolutely kills me. Cup holders are hot garbage unless the only thing you drink is a slim-can Red Bull (DAS ENERGY!). Having a tire compressor that you can't use if you're driving solo absolutely kills me. (EU has a law that won't allow cars to run idle for cars MY2020 and newer. If you need to add air to a tire and you're driving by yourself, the outlet that powers the air compressor shuts off when the car does. If you get out of the seat to pump the tire the car shuts off.) No remote start available on any Audi product. Nice rear cargo area, but really small opening to get to it (relative to most in the class). Our stroller wouldn't fit despite the cargo volume numbers suggesting it would.

Maybe there's some roundabout way to make the outlet stay powered so I can pump a tire with the compressor Audi supplied (with instructions ONLY in German for a North American market car), but there shouldn't be. It's either a wicked oversight or a scenario intended to promote purchase of Audi Concierge Services. Also, a $65k Audi doesn't tell you what the tire pressures are in your tires. You have to manually input them into the infotainment after manually checking with a tire pressure gauge. The car is smart enough to tell you that a tire is low on pressure, but doesn't present that information to you. "GUESS WHICH DAS TIRE DOESN'T HAVE DAS AIR?"

BUT RICER... WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH SAVAGEGEESE INSINUATING THAT THE NEW Z IS AMAZING?

Well... I know this Z is not DAS AUTO with a bunch of tech for tech's sake and not usability sake. I know this car will tell me what my tire pressures are without playing a game of "Who Wants to Be Stuck on the Side of the Road" and requiring me to phone a friend and find out. I know this car doesn't have back seats for my kids to get into and lock themselves into. I know I'll probably get this car with two matching keys. You mean to tell me this Savagegeese fella says the car is awesome to drive on top of all that? I'm DAS IN YO.

wall of text crits tony .... im now dead lol

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO

STORYTIME.

Yeah, this is why I'll never do another Euro - shit like this.

OP
OP
2017370ZBlack

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, this is why I'll never do another Euro - shit like this.
Same here. Stay away from Nissan CVT's and you are in great shape. I've driven Nissans since 1991 and can count on one hand times I was let down. I own a 2015 Xterra Pro-4X with 90,000 miles, which has been driven through blizzards and through 110 degree Las Vegas summers, across the country, on- and off-road. Never has thrown a CEL and has only had two small warranty issues since I bought it. My 2017 370 has been modded (intake, high flow cats, Y-pipe, HKS suspension, clutch, CSC bypass, tune, etc.) and is at 45,000 miles with no issues at all. I don't want my car connected to a freaking smartphone app!

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Same here. Stay away from Nissan CVT's and you are in great shape. I've driven Nissans since 1991 and can count on one hand times I was let down. I own a 2015 Xterra Pro-4X with 90,000 miles, which has been driven through blizzards and through 110 degree Las Vegas summers, across the country, on- and off-road. Never has thrown a CEL and has only had two small warranty issues since I bought it. My 2017 370 has been modded (intake, high flow cats, Y-pipe, HKS suspension, clutch, CSC bypass, tune, etc.) and is at 45,000 miles with no issues at all. I don't want my car connected to a freaking smartphone app!
CVTs, We're worried about my Wife's 17 Maxima but she hardly drives it. We may unload it soon.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
I'll definitely make sure I talk about both of those things.
Would also like to know the impressions on driver visibility. Ease of seeing over the hood, through rear and side windows, blind spots and stuff like that. I have no experience driving a Z car, only my BRZ, which has generally been fine in terms of viewing what's going on around the vehicle.

OP
OP
2017370ZBlack

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The Z will be basically the same as a 370 as far as visibility goes. I'm 6'3" so I have the seat all the way back, so there is a gigantic blind spot on the left. You can't see shit. I do have a reverse camera that I can keep on at all times, so that helps. Otherwise visibility is fine and it's a little hard to tell where the front bumper is when you pull into a parking space. The Z will have blind spot monitoring standard, which is much welcomed.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The Z will be basically the same as a 370 as far as visibility goes. I'm 6'3" so I have the seat all the way back, so there is a gigantic blind spot on the left. You can't see shit. I do have a reverse camera that I can keep on at all times, so that helps. Otherwise visibility is fine and it's a little hard to tell where the front bumper is when you pull into a parking space. The Z will have blind spot monitoring standard, which is much welcomed.
And front and rear sensors which will also greatly help

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
Never driven a 370 before? TBH, existing 370Z owners and established Nissan customers (I've owned a 240SX, 300ZX, G35, Maxima, and now own a 370 and Xterra) should have first dibs on the updated Z.
Jokes on you, I never even drove a RWD car, my daily is a Sentra and I'll be in my Z loooong before you 🤣

the only people that really should get first dibs is the people who drove with CVT trannies lols
Yup, that's me ripping my Jatco CVT, getting that slip and slide action with the belt every now and then. TFW your car makes less than 100 to the wheels and you still can't put the power down

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.