socalAG2

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Performance
After about 3 shipping delays that pushed the delivery date from 9/09 to 10/10, I was able to finally go get my Z. I want to give a huge shoutout to Jake Stein over at Willis Nissan in Des Moines, IA. I'll preface by saying this is my first new car purchase, but they truly made this pain free in every single way for me. Promised MSRP from the beginning and did not try to hit me with any last second markups or charges. Confirmed they will be charging MSRP on '24 models too. They were also able to PPF the front end including headlights & mirrors for the journey.

DAY 1: Started this morning by flying from Santa Ana, CA to Des Moines, IA. Arrived around 3pm and ubered straight to the dealership. Met Jake & his dad Pat (sales manager at Willis) and chatted it up about Pat's '91 AG2 TT (I just sold my AG2 '90 NA) then got to work on the paperwork. Paperwork took maybe 10 minutes max and boom the car was pulled up outside in the meantime. After facetiming all the homies back in Chicago and California and some photos I finally hit the road to Omaha. First driving impressions are limited since I'm trying to properly break this in, but damn do I want to get on it bad. She's a beaut though and I love the Ikazuchi yellow with the gunmetal wheels a lot. Started storming bad as soon as I got to the hotel earlier so didn't have time to stop and take many photos.
Next stop Denver

IMG_9515.jpg

IMG_9518.jpg

IMG_9521.jpg

IMG_9530.jpg

IMG_9533.jpg

IMG_9540.jpg

IMG_9541.jpg

IMG_9543.jpg

IMG_9544.jpg

IMG_9548.jpg

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Congrats!! That IY color definitely pops! Make sure to share pics along your road trip back to CA, love seeing travel shots of Zs.

HP Proto

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Proto Spec
Occupation
Broadcast Engineer
After about 3 shipping delays that pushed the delivery date from 9/09 to 10/10, I was able to finally go get my Z. I want to give a huge shoutout to Jake Stein over at Willis Nissan in Des Moines, IA. I'll preface by saying this is my first new car purchase, but they truly made this pain free in every single way for me. Promised MSRP from the beginning and did not try to hit me with any last second markups or charges. Confirmed they will be charging MSRP on '24 models too. They were also able to PPF the front end including headlights & mirrors for the journey.

DAY 1: Started this morning by flying from Santa Ana, CA to Des Moines, IA. Arrived around 3pm and ubered straight to the dealership. Met Jake & his dad Pat (sales manager at Willis) and chatted it up about Pat's '91 AG2 TT (I just sold my AG2 '90 NA) then got to work on the paperwork. Paperwork took maybe 10 minutes max and boom the car was pulled up outside in the meantime. After facetiming all the homies back in Chicago and California and some photos I finally hit the road to Omaha. First driving impressions are limited since I'm trying to properly break this in, but damn do I want to get on it bad. She's a beaut though and I love the Ikazuchi yellow with the gunmetal wheels a lot. Started storming bad as soon as I got to the hotel earlier so didn't have time to stop and take many photos.
Next stop Denver

IMG_9515.jpg

IMG_9518.jpg

IMG_9521.jpg

IMG_9530.jpg

IMG_9533.jpg

IMG_9540.jpg

IMG_9541.jpg

IMG_9543.jpg

IMG_9544.jpg

IMG_9548.jpg
Beautiful car, congratulation's and enjoy driving it.

csb5150

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
lawyer
Congratulations. Enjoy the trip. I did a similar (shorter) road trip from TN to FL to get mine. Most fun I have had in an 11.5 hour straight drive.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Awesome, congrats!
I looked at a Yellow Sport last week. Prior to seeing it in person, I never thought much of the yellow, but in real life, the yellow really pops, pictures don't do it justice...

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Congrats on finding the store.

I bought a car in L.A. and drove it back to FL over ten days. Awesome trip...

jayhawk70

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1973 Datsun 240Z, 1993 Nissan 300ZX
Occupation
gainfully unemployed.
Congratulations on the new Z. And congrats on making a road trip out the return to California!
Great fun!

If you are going I70 west, take the old highway over Loveland Pass, not the Interstate through the Eisenhower Tunnel. Much more fun - better scenery and some twisty roads. (photo from trip with my son from N. California to Kansas. - would love to see a photo of a new Z under that Loveland Pass sign!)

And if not I70, then head south through Colorado Springs and do the road to the top of Pikes Peak.

(hope you have seen my road trip thread about driving our new 2023 Z from KC to California: https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/t...ur-new-z-kc-to-californa-no-interstates.1967/)

Russell pix-002.jpg

The road from Loveland Pass to the west
2006 August 111.jpg

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Congrats! It’s the best feeling when you pickup your car that we waited long time for.

chris barclay

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Nissan 370z
Occupation
Musician Teacher Personal Trainer

Next stop Denver

IMG_9515.jpg

IMG_9518.jpg

IMG_9521.jpg

IMG_9530.jpg

IMG_9533.jpg

IMG_9540.jpg

IMG_9541.jpg

IMG_9543.jpg

IMG_9544.jpg

IMG_9548.jpg
ver cool blog

OP
OP
socalAG2

socalAG2

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DAY 2: OMAHA, NE TO DENVER, CO (8 hrs)

Nothing to write home about when I was cruising through Nebraska really in terms of photos. Hit a little rain and some high wind but the car still felt planted. That first fillup at $4.00 / gallon for premium was real nice and was the last time I’d see that especially in California. Once I got through Nebraska and entered Colorado I hopped off I-80 until I reached my buddy’s house in Longmont, CO. I was running late to meet him so I couldn’t really stop for pics unfortunately. It was cool driving through tiny towns of maybe 800-1000 people and seeing people’s reaction at the car rolling through. Finally got to Longmont, CO and parked it for the night while my buddy and I went to the CU vs. Stanford game. First football game and Colorado blew a fuckin 29-0 lead and lost in double OT lol

IMG_9593.jpeg

IMG_9586.jpeg

IMG_9581.jpeg

IMG_9575.jpeg

IMG_9564.jpeg

IMG_9558.jpeg

OP
OP
socalAG2

socalAG2

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DAY 3: Denver, CO to Golden, Co to Moab, UT (7 hours total)

Wokeup extremely early to go give the car a quick rinse on the way in to Denver. I hit up Rosenberg’s for a quick BEC bagel sandwich and some pastrami they make in house (definitely recommend if you’re in downtown denver). My girl wasn’t landing at Denver airport until 11am so I drove around downtown Denver until then just taking photos. The clutch is so light in this car makes city driving a breeze honestly. Scooped the woman at 11am & immediately drove to Coors Distillery in Golden, CO. Coors light and banquet straight from the teet is insanely good. Spent too much money in gift shop and then grabbed a bite at Woody’s Woodfired Pizza in the Golden downtown area, gassed up and hit the road.

The fun driving started now leaving Golden, CO. Soon as I hit the interstate I saw some z32 headlights in the rearview and there was a little cruise with a 370, z32, rx7, and sti. STI was taking some roller shots, wish I could find out who the fuck that was I want those photos of all of cruising lol. Long winding roads through the mountains & trees on this part of the drive which was fun. Still not going over 4K RPM yet. Stopped at Culver’s in Grand Junction (im a Chicago boy so this was necessary). We ran into this cool family there who wanted to check out the car. I let the dad sit in the car and his face lit up and he went on telling me about his old Datsun and their love for Z’s. Super cool people. Drove through the night and stayed the night in Moab, UT. I have to say the headlights are bright but do not give a deep field of view in my opinion. Tried the brights and damn it feels like you can illuminate the road for miles with those things lol there’s no in between. Got in to Moab around 1030pm and knocked the hell out.

IMG_9622.jpeg

IMG_9631.jpeg

IMG_9638.jpeg

IMG_9642.jpeg

IMG_9649.jpeg

IMG_9646.jpeg

IMG_9665.jpeg

IMG_9671.jpeg

IMG_9672.jpeg

IMG_9678.jpeg

IMG_9682.jpeg

IMG_9684.jpeg