Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
thanks for the pic of the interior. I've seen those on different sites also that have a leather interior listed but it's actually cloth. Wasn't sure if it was able to be optioned that way using some funky work around. ordering off a secret menu like at some restaurants.
Unfortunately, some stores will rip out OEM cloth and replace it with aftermarket leather.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Congrats my dude. Enjoy!
I agree the handling doesn’t feel as safe as my Q50. Always worried of spinning out. She likes to go sideways a lot! I got some nice PS4S and maybe I’ll get sway bars too. Need her to stay put lol

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
happy for ya man.

please report back on the differance the tires make. are they already mounted?

Jughead

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
rogue, wrangler
Occupation
Sales Management
I called Grainger and asked them to dealer trade my 6spd blue sport for that one and they wouldn't do it...you lucky SOB. Nice car!

EDIT: what size speakers are you ordering? I HAVE to change mine!

OP
OP
z_ya_later

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
I called Grainger and asked them to dealer trade my 6spd blue sport for that one and they wouldn't do it...you lucky SOB. Nice car!

EDIT: what size speakers are you ordering? I HAVE to change mine!
Lol it really was just lucky timing on my part!

I ordered 5-1/4 Infinity Kappa speakers. They come in tomorrow so should get them in this weekend.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Lol it really was just lucky timing on my part!

I ordered 5-1/4 Infinity Kappa speakers. They come in tomorrow so should get them in this weekend.
I just did a stereo upgrade in my son's car, it too utilized 5-1/4" speakers and an OEM woofer in the back.
You're gonna want to upgrade the woofer/sub too. Aftermarket 5-1/4's have even less bass than OEM.
I thought I could leave the OEM woofer alone, but the system needed a better sub after the 5-1/4's were replaced.

For the Z, I've been wondering what's in the "spare tire" well. I know it doesn't have a spare, but does it have that space? Several reputable speaker manufacturers make really nice, highly rated spare tire well powered subs, I'm wondering if that's a good option for the Z?

CERWIN Vega 600 watts Active Spare Tire Application Subwoofers Series (VPAS12ST) https://a.co/d/4nD8ee9

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
CERWIN Vega 600 watts Active Spare Tire Application Subwoofers Series (VPAS12ST) https://a.co/d/4nD8ee9
That sub looks pretty good. The Performance adds Bose speakers over the OEM in the Sport. Does anyone know if the sub is the same or different for Performance/Sport?

The brochure just says Sport gets "Audio system with six speakers" vs Performance with "Bose Premium Audio System with eight speakers".

Also, where are the two extra speakers?

OP
OP
z_ya_later

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just did a stereo upgrade in my son's car, it too utilized 5-1/4" speakers and an OEM woofer in the back.
You're gonna want to upgrade the woofer/sub too. Aftermarket 5-1/4's have even less bass than OEM.
I thought I could leave the OEM woofer alone, but the system needed a better sub after the 5-1/4's were replaced.

For the Z, I've been wondering what's in the "spare tire" well. I know it doesn't have a spare, but does it have that space? Several reputable speaker manufacturers make really nice, highly rated spare tire well powered subs, I'm wondering if that's a good option for the Z?

I was actually looking at that option for my 370z a while back when I thought I'd be keeping it longer. I haven't checked under the trunk yet in this new Z so not sure what the setup is but I'd be shocked if it wasn't basicallythe same.

Last edited:

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Congrats my dude. Enjoy!
I agree the handling doesn’t feel as safe as my Q50. Always worried of spinning out. She likes to go sideways a lot! I got some nice PS4S and maybe I’ll get sway bars too. Need her to stay put lol
Details on your Q50? Is it AWD Red Sport?

OP
OP
z_ya_later

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That Sport is looking awesome!
Thanks man. You know what was kind of amusing? When I brought the car in to my Nissan service center for the installation, everyone (and I mean everyone) was crowding around to get a look.
They said they've had maybe 2 other new Zs come through.