First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sky redline
Occupation
VP Sales
I had posted below about my deal and experience but now its complete.. I found a Performance Rosewood Manual in Manhattan Kansas at Briggs Nissan. I had not listed the dealer as I wanted to get the vehicle picked up and make sure no glitches in the process. I must say, this was one of my best buying experiences working with a dealer (the delays in delivery aside). My sales rep Luis (who got promoted to Finance now) kept me up to date every Monday for several weeks and answered all my concerns as they came up. He even had his boss call the Nissan folks and found out where the car was (docks in CA) and shortly have that inquiry and response from nissan the moving date became firm as 4/11 and for the past 2-3 weeks that stayed put. I was then able to plan for pickup. Drove rental car from Denver and my wife and I made a fun weekend out of it picking it up this past Saturday 4/15. Pouring rain upon pick up but I'm going to drive this car and yesterday after we got home I cleaned it along with four other vehicles as Denver was nice and sunny!.

Purchase details, was working with a Denver dealer and they too were great and had a similar car arrive in February...Rosewood Automatic. I saw that car on a Saturday and feel in love with the color (Had seen yellow in person). The sales rep pushed me about buying his auto but I held firm as they were also doing a $10k add on and I refuse to pay that. The next morning I went to Nissan Site and scrolled cars within 500 miles of my location. I saw the one in Denver at Larry Miller-Rosewood/Auto, and then right next to it was a Rosewood Manual Performance in Manhattan Kansas. I immediately emailed (Sunday) that I had interest and asked if available or if a customer reserved. They responded right away Monday morning that it was in fact available. I next asked if they were doing the crazy ad on cost and they said "we don't do that here at Briggs". Skeptical I asked if they would put that in writing on a deposit form etc..... so I would not be surprised at pick up. They agreed. I was still a little nervous that a sales manager might come up and say "hey wait, we can get $90K for these cars because they are hard to find". Never happened!!!

Took a certified check on Saturday ($52,000 +) numbers all matched up. (Initially they wanted sales tax at 9.1% but out of state I do that here so they cleared that off and sent new invoice). Now, I was excited and I still had some concerns about transmission issues, new engine in car, etc... so when we got to the finance guys and he had extra time on his hands as we didn't do loan he pushed on the Warranty Package. I normally say no (he actually called as we were driving there to start the push) and I did several times as the Premium package was about $3,800 and I plan to do fixes myself. He talked to his boss and they came back at half that amount so I figured with no Market adjustment I'll take the chance with the extended warranty so I did get the package. It's a 7 year 75,000 bumper to bumper (I know there will be some fine print). The package did include the etching stickers for vehicle theft tracking and some other perks.

NOTE: they did have one issue on the vehicle prep where the dealer installed front lower spoiler rubber trim was not done as their "rivet guy" was on vacation. They said I could take to local dealer for this dealer installed part. Anyone experience that or have that installed after the purchase? I have the part in the car and could rivet myself but likely will go back to Larry Miller for the assist. Briggs said if there were any discussion of out of pocket cost for me to call them and they would assist to get it done.

The Drive Back to Denver:
I was a little rusty on the manual, found myself resting my foot on my heal and pivoting vs. raised foot and only on clutch pedal. Shifting was smooth but with some of my failures with the clutch action being my bad!. Cruised I70 for about 450 miles at 79MPH and going up a little and down some to not be in same RPM as best I could. Got 22.8 MPG for the 450 miles. Drove some in the rain near dealer and while nervous about comments on the tires and my sloppy clutch work I was careful but never had any slips or tail out issues. Again being very safe. Car was comfortable to drive, side bolsters in the seat was a little tight but I'm sure it will soften. The cloth portion of the seats kept me in place but, we both found the back of our sweat shirts riding up as they stuck a little to cloth. Not a big deal but I found it funny we both said the same thing. The total drive was only 6.5 hours but we split it up as we had a long day Saturday so had a nice lunch in Manhattan downtown by Kansas State (photo attached of car parked downtown next to a BMW). Another photo shows trunk space with too good size soft duffels, small soft cooler in the back. The stereo, climate control, cruise control (didn't know it was the active cruise so when I came to a semi or other going slower I wondered why I slowed down, don't have that in our other cars LOL, good feature however), seating position all really good. One surprise was the lack of wind noise, very quiet cruising 79 MPH. We had a rental Dodge Challenger (v6) which was very comfortable that we drove to Kansas and it had noticeable wind noise. Ironically the sales person picking us up when we returned rental had a new Aryia? EV and it had a lot of wind noise to where I made a comment to him about it.

Anyway, excited and while I was on the wait list on top at Larry Miller for about a year and a half I'm glad I stuck to wanting the Rosewood/Manual and not being willing to pay add on charges but for those that paid it, I'm sure you are having a blast. I had a 76 280Z back in the 80's and now looking towards retirement with the NEW Z in a few years. This dealer did tell me they placed a couple customer orders recently, I was not aware you could place orders since I had backed off my hunt when I put deposit on this one. He said they can order but no real estimate on delivery timing. If you still looking, they are out there but you need to be quick and persistent!!! And, they can be bought for MSRP!!!!

IMG_2322.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2315.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Very nice, congrats!

I would encourage you to not rivet anything on the car. If you ever want to remove it, you'll have holes in the car. If you want part, use two-sided Gorilla-type tape.

Part of the "fine print" on your warranty is that "consumable" items, such as brake pads, clutch plate, hoses and belts, etc. will not be covered. It's not a "true" BtoB.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Congrats a very very similar experience to mine with the wait and randomly finding a dealer using the search radius. They also wanted to take sales tax but I had to explain to them they dont have to by law for my home state. I just did a wire instead of a certified check. pretty smooth in the end.

Here is how the performance underspoiler is attached.
PXL_20230417_192745034.MP.jpg

PXL_20230417_192638125.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Papa G Z

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sky redline
Occupation
VP Sales
Matt, thanks for sending the photo. I had not had time to take a look under the front and just did and see the holes and I looked at the under spoiler kit they left in the car and the plastic push clips are in there so easy install. The Sales Manager guy at the dealer mentioned "rivots" and not sure they looked hard at it as any tech could have put that one. Oh well. I also have two black hard plastic blade looking pieces about 10" long with silver metal three holes in them and one is rounded out. I'll send a photo shortly. Looking to see where they attached. Same guy said mine were already installed so not sure why have have another set. I took a look and don't see them installed. They say Left and Right on them.

OP
OP

Papa G Z

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sky redline
Occupation
VP Sales
Here is a photo of those two blade looking parts.

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Congrats! I think the Rosewood Manual will be one of the rarer 2023 Zs, keep her in fine shape. BTW on the stock sound system, how are the speakers as far range of bass to treble? Do they sound high enough quality?

csb5150

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Performance
Occupation
lawyer
Congrats. Enjoy your Rosewood Metallic Z for years to come!!!!

OP
OP

Papa G Z

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sky redline
Occupation
VP Sales
Figured out where the blade deals go. In front of the tire underneath there is already a similar lip but these are bigger and go further to the ground. The three holes are there for the bolts. Easy install as well. Good easy couple projects for this weekend.

On the stereo, I’m deaf in one ear but I still love my jams. I’m also a Bose fan with several Bose speakers in the house. I would say at normal volume it’s good, nothing real stand out. We listened to Bluetooth songs from phone the entire drive back and no complaints. The last 5 miles to get home I realized the free trial for XM and the satellite jams sounded better at the same Normal level vs my 80’s rock from phone.

After I saw your inquiry I went out and cranked it up a little and kinda like the turbo engine, you give it more juice and it sounds even better. I did bump up the base a little given we haduggage sitting on top of the spare tire sub.

Again from a half deaf guy I have no issues with it. My 2014 Jeep Wrangler rubicon has a stereo issue now and I’m only getting rear speakers and factory sub woofer sound añd it took me a while to even notice lol! Now it bugs the crap out of me! LoL

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
Congratulations!! Great post with lots of info. Glad you had a good experience. It is so nice when a dealer is honest and does not try to chisel you out of dollars. What the other greedy dealers don't realize is that in the long run they will make more money by just being up front and honest. There can be minor glitches, but your overall buying process worked out well. One thing that has me hesitant about buying out of state is what you mentioned about some sales manager doing an add on after you have traveled to close the deal. I'm sure that has happened before and will happen again. Have fun and safe travels with your new Z.

OP
OP

Papa G Z

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sky redline
Occupation
VP Sales
Quick update on the front spoiler trim piece, rivets were just like a normal rivet, they were metal (painted black). I had a rivet gun and put that on in about 10 minutes.

The blades went on really easy, took out the one bolt holding that smaller one in then put blade on and added the two additional bolts with the kit to the holes that were already there.

I had this foam piece in the kit (photo) with the spoiler trim but I looked all around and could not find a spot for it ... if anyone looks under the chin and sees it shoot me a photo.

Next project I found two packages with License plate holders. One what a nice chrome piece and the other a larger plastic mounting piece. Not sure if the chrome just goes on the back one like the "dealer" plate holder I'll remove or, if that black larger one mounts first then the chrome. Or, is that black larger one suppose to be for the Front mount. I'm skipping the front one but just wonder if those are all for the back or what. Anyone with photos of them in use would be appreciated. I put that same foam piece with the license kit as maybe it goes with that install? There is not a peel off white strip for adhesive and it's pretty dense foam but flexible.

Have a great day!

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Larger black is the front mount. I think the foam just goes behind that.

The chrome is just a Nissan accessory frame for the rear. It was with the car manuals and I just assumed the dealer gave it to me. I put it on my wifea pathfinder as I had already ordered a carbon fiber plate frame for when I get my permanent frame

Last edited:

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
congrats on the Z...im happy for you. great write-up too.

curious, did dealer mention what milage after break-in for the oil change and the intervals thereafter?

davebnissan

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370z
Occupation
registered nurse
I had posted below about my deal and experience but now its complete.. I found a Performance Rosewood Manual in Manhattan Kansas at Briggs Nissan. I had not listed the dealer as I wanted to get the vehicle picked up and make sure no glitches in the process. I must say, this was one of my best buying experiences working with a dealer (the delays in delivery aside). My sales rep Luis (who got promoted to Finance now) kept me up to date every Monday for several weeks and answered all my concerns as they came up. He even had his boss call the Nissan folks and found out where the car was (docks in CA) and shortly have that inquiry and response from nissan the moving date became firm as 4/11 and for the past 2-3 weeks that stayed put. I was then able to plan for pickup. Drove rental car from Denver and my wife and I made a fun weekend out of it picking it up this past Saturday 4/15. Pouring rain upon pick up but I'm going to drive this car and yesterday after we got home I cleaned it along with four other vehicles as Denver was nice and sunny!.

Purchase details, was working with a Denver dealer and they too were great and had a similar car arrive in February...Rosewood Automatic. I saw that car on a Saturday and feel in love with the color (Had seen yellow in person). The sales rep pushed me about buying his auto but I held firm as they were also doing a $10k add on and I refuse to pay that. The next morning I went to Nissan Site and scrolled cars within 500 miles of my location. I saw the one in Denver at Larry Miller-Rosewood/Auto, and then right next to it was a Rosewood Manual Performance in Manhattan Kansas. I immediately emailed (Sunday) that I had interest and asked if available or if a customer reserved. They responded right away Monday morning that it was in fact available. I next asked if they were doing the crazy ad on cost and they said "we don't do that here at Briggs". Skeptical I asked if they would put that in writing on a deposit form etc..... so I would not be surprised at pick up. They agreed. I was still a little nervous that a sales manager might come up and say "hey wait, we can get $90K for these cars because they are hard to find". Never happened!!!

Took a certified check on Saturday ($52,000 +) numbers all matched up. (Initially they wanted sales tax at 9.1% but out of state I do that here so they cleared that off and sent new invoice). Now, I was excited and I still had some concerns about transmission issues, new engine in car, etc... so when we got to the finance guys and he had extra time on his hands as we didn't do loan he pushed on the Warranty Package. I normally say no (he actually called as we were driving there to start the push) and I did several times as the Premium package was about $3,800 and I plan to do fixes myself. He talked to his boss and they came back at half that amount so I figured with no Market adjustment I'll take the chance with the extended warranty so I did get the package. It's a 7 year 75,000 bumper to bumper (I know there will be some fine print). The package did include the etching stickers for vehicle theft tracking and some other perks.

NOTE: they did have one issue on the vehicle prep where the dealer installed front lower spoiler rubber trim was not done as their "rivet guy" was on vacation. They said I could take to local dealer for this dealer installed part. Anyone experience that or have that installed after the purchase? I have the part in the car and could rivet myself but likely will go back to Larry Miller for the assist. Briggs said if there were any discussion of out of pocket cost for me to call them and they would assist to get it done.

The Drive Back to Denver:
I was a little rusty on the manual, found myself resting my foot on my heal and pivoting vs. raised foot and only on clutch pedal. Shifting was smooth but with some of my failures with the clutch action being my bad!. Cruised I70 for about 450 miles at 79MPH and going up a little and down some to not be in same RPM as best I could. Got 22.8 MPG for the 450 miles. Drove some in the rain near dealer and while nervous about comments on the tires and my sloppy clutch work I was careful but never had any slips or tail out issues. Again being very safe. Car was comfortable to drive, side bolsters in the seat was a little tight but I'm sure it will soften. The cloth portion of the seats kept me in place but, we both found the back of our sweat shirts riding up as they stuck a little to cloth. Not a big deal but I found it funny we both said the same thing. The total drive was only 6.5 hours but we split it up as we had a long day Saturday so had a nice lunch in Manhattan downtown by Kansas State (photo attached of car parked downtown next to a BMW). Another photo shows trunk space with too good size soft duffels, small soft cooler in the back. The stereo, climate control, cruise control (didn't know it was the active cruise so when I came to a semi or other going slower I wondered why I slowed down, don't have that in our other cars LOL, good feature however), seating position all really good. One surprise was the lack of wind noise, very quiet cruising 79 MPH. We had a rental Dodge Challenger (v6) which was very comfortable that we drove to Kansas and it had noticeable wind noise. Ironically the sales person picking us up when we returned rental had a new Aryia? EV and it had a lot of wind noise to where I made a comment to him about it.

Anyway, excited and while I was on the wait list on top at Larry Miller for about a year and a half I'm glad I stuck to wanting the Rosewood/Manual and not being willing to pay add on charges but for those that paid it, I'm sure you are having a blast. I had a 76 280Z back in the 80's and now looking towards retirement with the NEW Z in a few years. This dealer did tell me they placed a couple customer orders recently, I was not aware you could place orders since I had backed off my hunt when I put deposit on this one. He said they can order but no real estimate on delivery timing. If you still looking, they are out there but you need to be quick and persistent!!! And, they can be bought for MSRP!!!!

IMG_2322.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2315.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg
Very nice! Its just like mine!

Suncook

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Proto Spec
Just saw this post. That was the color and spec I was searching for so way to go! I picked up My Proto 6MT in Denver back in January. Enjoy that car, it's a beauty.

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
How many miles/km's have you done on this now?