First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
You never compare used and new car pricing, but fully loaded at $50K?

I start to look at other USED performance cars that offer more for the money...C7 vette, F80 M3, 6th Gen Camaro, etc...,
I just checked on 2022 1ss Camaro and with the 6sp and performance exhaust it would be 44k in my driveway. So the Z is looking ? For now . The other problem is my dealership can NOT order the the Nissan . The dealer will get what Nissan sends them and that it so…. ?

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I’ve been shopping for a C7Z myself. You will not find one anywhere near the mid 50’s. Maybe a salvage title one. Most are low 70’s and some mid 60’s with over 50k miles. A few years ago you could, but everything is so effed right now.
Yeah, 50-55k was the C7Z price before covid.....now 50k gets you a regular C7 Stingray......and those were down to 30-35k just before covid.

Buying used is financial suicide right now, the bubble is going to burst any minute.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I just checked on 2022 1ss Camaro and with the 6sp and performance exhaust it would be 44k in my driveway. So the Z is looking ? For now . The other problem is my dealership can NOT order the the Nissan . The dealer will get what Nissan sends them and that it so…. ?
That’s my other option if Z is gonna ask for crazy high $$$.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Yeah, 50-55k was the C7Z price before covid.....now 50k gets you a regular C7 Stingray......and those were down to 30-35k just before covid.

Buying used is financial suicide right now, the bubble is going to burst any minute.
I’ve been saying that myself but the bubble keeps growing it seems! I’m hopeful it will burst though! I’m just sitting on the sidelines for now as an opportunist hehe.

Just sold one of my fun vehicles this morning, my 10 year old Wrangler for almost what I paid brand new 10 years ago. Pretty sad day actually since it was my first brand new vehicle out of college. It was big, orange, and just bad ass. 100k trouble free miles and a blast to drive with the 6 speed.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Agreed.
Low $50's CAD for a performance is my limit. Maybe $55 if the reviews are amazing.
Same here. I’m out too if it’s higher then 53k CDN.
Exactly where I am as well. However if the $50k USD price is accurate, and if Nissan follows its tradition of eating about half of the exchange rate premium vs. the US price, the car will be about $57k CAD. Ouch. Add $2k shipping etc. and 13% taxes and you are at about $66,600. I can get a BRZ top trim for $39k CAD OTD. Or a Miata RF with the sport/Recaro/BBS for $52600 CAD OTD.

TitanZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Titan SL 4x4 Midnight Edition
This will be an interesting launch to say the least and it will get sideways really quick if the dealers screw it up. I don't think planning to wait a year to buy a used Z at a lesser price is a realistic option, not when disguising new vehicles as used to achieve "market pricing" has been one of the dealership mafia's primary schemes to sneakily inflate prices and make massive profits. And if it's not a dealer doing this it's your average Joe trying to flip a new high demand vehicle for a quick profit, so overall the used market prices will stay inflated for the latest hot new vehicles. But if you've been following Autotrader for the past couple years it appears to me that all the OEM brand's dealers are taking brand new stock and rolling it down the street to affiliated network dealerships (different brand but in the same ownership group) and selling it as "certified used" with like 16 miles on the ODO for some random inflated market adjustment like $11,899 over MSRP, called the real-time market price. They avoid bad publicity and maybe more importantly OEM scrutiny/punishment that could come from outrageous ADMs, by instead calling the new vehicle used and inflating the price to an arbitrary "market price". If it doesn't sell right away they will reduce price in small increments monthly until it does, still way above MSRP. The big X factor will be production numbers, the fewer Z's made the more ADM, worthless but costly pre-installed "add-ons" (nitrogen in tires for $699, etc) and overall shady dealer shenanigans will be running rampant. Nissan corporate I'm sure is a bit worried that the dealership network's greed could quickly price this car out of reach of the affordable "dance partner" sports car segment.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
This will be an interesting launch to say the least and it will get sideways really quick if the dealers screw it up. I don't think planning to wait a year to buy a used Z at a lesser price is a realistic option, not when disguising new vehicles as used to achieve "market pricing" has been one of the dealership mafia's primary schemes to sneakily inflate prices and make massive profits. ....
Interesting. The US car market really is "Sleaze Central".... please don't give Canadian dealers any ideas lol.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
50K for the Performance is exactly what I was expecting. The engine is costly to manufacture. The V6 TT will cost more to maintain properly than the 370Z's V6. And like the 370, it requires premium gas which will be $5/gallon soon. This is not an economy car.
Rubbish.

Are we seriously being asked to believe that the 370Z - a car that cost roughly $31,000 new in its last production year (base model) - is nearly 30% less expensive to produce than the car it has evolved into? Find me another example of that happening from one generation to the immediate successor (i.e. 2020 Vehicle A - 2021 Vehicle A sharing the same hard points). What's more, positioning the Z so close to the comparable Supra is pretty smooth-brained marketing, if true. Why would Nissan willingly destroy the "value argument?"

If this is accurate, Nissan is pretty far out of bounds, as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
Looks like Nissan did you guys dirty on the pricing. When I heard early price estimates of 400 hp for $30K I was like no F’n way.

-RJM

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
So many carry over parts to bring the price down? Huh?! Nissan held pricing on purpose to put the words “inflation” to effect

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
there isnt alarge enough supply of copium lol to make this make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.