LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
I understand all of that, I was the main one preaching that same gospel when the proto was revealed. Price is ultimately what's killing this car IMO. A lot of it's shortcomings would be forgiven if it were the cheaper option. That's why the 350Z sold as well as it did - pricing (and, lack of competition at the time)

35, 40, 45 - Sport, Performance, Nismo - Just 5k over the Z34's pricing.

That's personally my main frustration with this car. It's truly not a 50k+ car, at all, period.

Not in Performance.
Not in Interior.
Not in Chassis.
Not in Features.

There's no reason at all this car costs as much as it does.
Actually it is a 50k car ,taking inflation into account it works out to just over 50k if you bought a performance in 2017 at 40k

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Price combined with overall scarcity, definitely. It is far easier to overlook the baked-in issues that the 350 and 370 had because, outside of the top-tilt variants, they were rather inexpensive (I think I paid like $35K new for mine back in 2017) sports cars. It does get harder to justify for folks who aren't specifically Z enthusiasts with the current pricing structure.

Lovely car though, or at least I imagine it is since I have never physically laid eyes on one :rolleyes:
It is the same for any sporty car now,look at the new integra type S ,is it worth 52k US before mark ups or the type R or the golph R.These are the times we live in ,better get used to it.New car MSRP's are only going to keep going up and if manufacturers keep production low,look out for continuing mark ups.There are very few examples of cars that are worth the asking price.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
I understand all of that, I was the main one preaching that same gospel when the proto was revealed. Price is ultimately what's killing this car IMO. A lot of it's shortcomings would be forgiven if it were the cheaper option. That's why the 350Z sold as well as it did - pricing (and, lack of competition at the time)

That's personally my main frustration with this car. It's truly not a 50k+ car, at all, period.

Not in Performance.
Not in Interior.
Not in Chassis.
Not in Features.

You cant just have the price of one car be low when every other car has increased. The average new car price is quite high right now. Even the Integra is like what 50k?

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT

Not in Performance.
Not in Interior.
Not in Chassis.
Not in Features.

While that pricing structure would be super competitive, it’s also a total pipe dream. $45k is what the 370Z NISMO w/ 6MT cost over a decade ago (not even factoring inflation), and this gen is more than twice the car w/ much more potential

I think part of the issue with the car community reception to pricing is most haven’t accepted/realized just how rapid the price of the market is accelerating, as it’s a bit unprecedented; it’s not just Nissan, many new models have price hiked to levels conventional wisdom would dictate as extreme. Of course there’s something like an SS 1LE w/ crazy performance at sucha cheap price, but then ya also have to consider its on the chopping block for a reason..

I feel like if Nissan wasn’t having production struggles and could pop these out in greater numbers, they could’ve went with a more aggressive pricing structure, but with current volume so low they’d never meet a worthwhile ROI. Plus both Supra n Mustang top trims are also priced in mid-60k USD range so I figure their marketing team thought “why not?”