Used sport pricing

Hatoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Brz
Hey all. There's a used black sport model for sale in my area by a dealer who purchased it at auction from another dealer and the asking is currently 43777. The window sticker shows the original MSRP was 42xxx. What do you think is a fair price? Should I aim for below the original MSRP? Thanks!

TheRoyalStig

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
??
Considering you can get new ones at or around MSRP I absolutely would not pay MSRP or above for a used one.

Use the Nissan website to find ones that are coming in and look into having it shipped to widen your net.

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
Hey all. There's a used black sport model for sale in my area by a dealer who purchased it at auction from another dealer and the asking is currently 43777. The window sticker shows the original MSRP was 42xxx. What do you think is a fair price? Should I aim for below the original MSRP? Thanks!
How many miles ?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
After suffering through markups, I found a Z Sport near me for MSRP+$500 in desirable add-ons (floor mats and hatch mat, lighted door sills, mud flaps).
With destination it was $44k.

No way I'd buy used for a few hundred less. 2024 should be good (relatively speaking) for fair deals on new Zs.

OP
OP

Hatoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Brz
Considering you can get new ones at or around MSRP I absolutely would not pay MSRP or above for a used one.

Use the Nissan website to find ones that are coming in and look into having it shipped to widen your net.
Yes that's what Ive been doing but sports seem to still be stuck with markups. Plenty of performance models going for msrp. I guess the market is starting to turn with interest rates so high

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
After suffering through markups, I found a Z Sport near me for MSRP+$500 in desirable add-ons (floor mats and hatch mat, lighted door sills, mud flaps).
With destination it was $44k.
@takemorepills, did you get a Z? Did I miss an announcement? If you got the Z, did you keep your G37?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
@takemorepills, did you get a Z? Did I miss an announcement? If you got the Z, did you keep your G37?
Nope, it bummed me to walk on that deal. Yellow isn't my preferred color, so I didn't get it. I did have them evaluate my G for trade-in.
I still may keep the G after buying a Z since it's AWD and the trade-in value isn't as good as 2 years ago.

I was just stoked to see a Z at MSRP! Hoping 2024 works out for me.....

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Nope, it bummed me to walk on that deal. Yellow isn't my preferred color, so I didn't get it. I did have them evaluate my G for trade-in.
I still may keep the G after buying a Z since it's AWD and the trade-in value isn't as good as 2 years ago.

I was just stoked to see a Z at MSRP! Hoping 2024 works out for me.....
Can't wait to see you finally get yours. You've been so fkin patient through all these years lol. You deserve to finally get your Z. Wishing it happens soon dude.

goeagles11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z
Yes that's what Ive been doing but sports seem to still be stuck with markups. Plenty of performance models going for msrp. I guess the market is starting to turn with interest rates so high
I recently purchased a '24 Sport for 1500 over MSRP. The Sports are super low in inventory so it's tough to say what you can get for them. Considering it's used though I'd definitely try to see if they'll bite at 40k.

RickydeeZ23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, Manual, sports
Occupation
RET
I was offered $43K dealer trade-in and auction as low as 40K and private as high as $46K, with less than 900 miles. I decided to hold off until spring to sell while enjoying the fruits of my labor (the car). I marked it up to 52K (ceramic coating, 10/100 warranty, and Ceramic Tint) shipping was excluded.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
We all know that getting any '23 model now will be instantly 1 year old soon, market value drops if you care about resale.

Still waiting for MSRP on a Performance Manual......(strange that Sports are asking more for over MSRP)