What if...? | Used Z, What Would You Pay?

qellman32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023-24 Nissan Z Performance (Black/Black)
Occupation
DoorDash Dasher
I'm curious. Kelley Blue Book (KBB) doesn't have any values for these cars. If I wanted to sell my Z Performance A/T with 25,000 - 30,000 miles, what would you guys pay?

IMG_20230614_172224.jpg

IMG_20230614_201751.jpg

IMG_20230613_163806.jpg

IMG_20230614_201858.jpg

IMG_20231002_191602~2.jpg

IMG_20230614_201751.jpg

IMG_20230613_163806.jpg

IMG_20230614_201858.jpg

OP
OP
qellman32

qellman32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
DoorDash Dasher
If this thread is against a rule, I don't know how to change the category or delete it. Sorry. The rules didn't show until I created the thread.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
If this thread is against a rule, I don't know how to change the category or delete it. Sorry. The rules didn't show until I created the thread.

Moved it for you.

That fairly high mileage I would say with the 25k miles the car is worth 44-46k for now. There isn't much data on used ones with that milage most used i see are 10k or under. But I think it's a mid 40k car. The market it trending down and there are about 500 new Z's in inventory but I think these performance models have a floor of low 40s for a while unless the miles are like 50k+ ect

Last edited:

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
Do you really have 25-30k miles? If so, damn! You do a lot of driving! Good for you , enjoy that Z!

OP
OP
qellman32

qellman32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
DoorDash Dasher
Do you really have 25-30k miles? If so, damn! You do a lot of driving! Good for you , enjoy that Z!
Thank you. Yes. I drive for DoorDash. Best way to get to drive it lol.

OP
OP
qellman32

qellman32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
DoorDash Dasher
Moved it for you.

That fairly high mileage I would say with the 25k miles the car is worth 44-46k for now. There isn't much data on used ones with that milage most used i see are 10k or under. But I think it's a mid 40k car. The market it trending down and there are about 500 new Z's in inventory but I think these performance models have a floor of low 40s for a while unless the miles are like 50k+ ect
Thank you.

That makes sense. It's hard to pinpoint the prices. My grandmother (who doesn't know how to price things lol) thinks I could get like $30,000 over what I paid for it. HA. Maybe if this was 2019 or 2021 lol.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you.

That makes sense. It's hard to pinpoint the prices. My grandmother (who doesn't know how to price things lol) thinks I could get like $30,000 over what I paid for it. HA. Maybe if this was 2019 or 2021 lol.
For perspective

I just traded in a 2023 Z exactly like yours same color same transmission. The dealer gave me 51500 for it. They put it at 54.5k the next day. Now they have had it for a month and have lowered it to 52975 and it still hasn't sold. The Z has 2,167 miles on it

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film
For perspective

I just traded in a 2023 Z exactly like yours same color same transmission. The dealer gave me 51500 for it. They put it at 54.5k the next day. Now they have had it for a month and have lowered it to 52975 and it still hasn't sold. The Z has 2,167 miles on it
That supprises me but I wonder if the season impacts sales. As we dip into winter it may discourage people from rear wheel drive.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Frankly OP, you'll be lucky to get out of it clean. I would aim for however much you still owe on it.

The miles are killing you, You may have the current record at this point. Also, Zs are starting to sit now (when they do come in) - Too many "better options" to the common man.

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
The easiest thing to do is put the info in the Carvana system to see what it gives you as a 'worse case scenario'. If you wanted to - you could add Carmax to that as well to see how different the prices are and go from there.
Is there a 'price' you are looking to unload it or is this just to see what it would go used etc? While winter is a bad time for sports cars - in 2024 it will be considered a 'year older' and will probbaly have more miles on it if its your daily.

RickydeeZ23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, Manual, sports
Occupation
RET
That supprises me but I wonder if the season impacts sales. As we dip into winter it may discourage people from rear wheel drive.
Seasn impacts sells. You are competing with new vehicles and dealerships drop their prices and make better customer-appealing deals to sell during the season of Nov-Mar because they have to dump the lot or pay higher taxes. I have read.

OP
OP
qellman32

qellman32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
DoorDash Dasher
The easiest thing to do is put the info in the Carvana system to see what it gives you as a 'worse case scenario'. If you wanted to - you could add Carmax to that as well to see how different the prices are and go from there.
Is there a 'price' you are looking to unload it or is this just to see what it would go used etc? While winter is a bad time for sports cars - in 2024 it will be considered a 'year older' and will probbaly have more miles on it if its your daily.
Well, I'm not really sure. Mostly I was just trying to see others opinions on what the market was like. I owe $55,500 on it (I know). I absolutely LOVE this car! It's my absolute favorite! But the $1,143 payments are a bit much (again, I know). I made up my mind before I got it that no matter what it cost, I was getting it when my place in line came up. But LIFE CHANGED! So now, I don't know...

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nissan Z Performance 6MT and many more...
Occupation
Hospitality Management
Thank goodness we are not into ultra luxury and highly expensive vehicles which have a greater depreciation number to them.

At least you are enjoying your vehicle and you're very happy, and for that you cannot put a price on.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well, I'm not really sure. Mostly I was just trying to see others opinions on what the market was like. I owe $55,500 on it (I know). I absolutely LOVE this car! It's my absolute favorite! But the $1,143 payments are a bit much (again, I know). I made up my mind before I got it that no matter what it cost, I was getting it when my place in line came up. But LIFE CHANGED! So now, I don't know...
tough situation but the good news is you have a Z. I would enjoy it and try to make it work as you are going to take a decent hit if you sell it right now. like I said its probably a mid 45K car on the market. the interest rates are whats really rough right now and a main cause of this slow down

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
Iā€™m one of those peeps who needs to break things down when it comes to a financial type decision. My advice would be to at least get a trade in value to then decide how much would you lose or if you could break even. Even if you decided to get rid of the ride - have you considered what you would get etc if you did sell it?

I went down the rabbit hole of trading in my Z and then getting a ā€˜fun cash carā€™ (I leaning toward a Ford Fiesta ST) where I could keep it for a long time as a daily and then get back into a new Z or another 370z at another time. In the end - I just kept it bc it didnā€™t make financial sense (in my case the Z was almost PIF and my logic was I would rather have a Z than the FiST long term). Anyway - good luck with whatever you decide - but with the car market correcting bc of higher interest rates and stuff - and cars being a depreciating asset - the longer you wait - the more money you lose.