This Seems Like A Pretty Fair Assessment Of The Z From Car and Driver

Freewill

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Triumph Tiger
I'm part of the Boeing family, and happen to live a rocks throw from the Everett plant.

Your characterization of the MAX issue is flawed and overly simplified.

In an organization as bureaucratic as Boeing, there's plenty of blame to go around, and nearly impossible to pin the issue on one person or specific group.

Nissan and Boeing aren't the same.
Exactly correct. I've got pilot's endorsements on B737Max, as well as B767, B787, and B777, not to mention AIrbus 319/320/321, Embraer 175/190 as well as several regional jets and numerous turboprops.

The issues relating to the Max were not the result of an engineer trying to build what's best, but of an accounting group trying to keep training costs to a minimum by adapting an old air frame from the 1960's to allow for a common endorsement with a 'new' air plane. I loved flying the Max and it is an extremely safe airplane, but it isn't Boeing's best work when compared to the others I've flown from that manufacturer. To put the deaths on a single engineer as siggy suggests is to bury one's head deep in the sand. That airplane wasn't built to be an innovating leader in the market, it was built to provide an inexpensive alternative to the more popular, and better engineered airplane from AIrbus, the 320NEO.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I'm buying one because it's a Z. and I have a passion for Z's :D This car will be my 6th Z car.
None of them are fast by any means. Hell, half of mine are "on jack stands". They're great little cars. Fun, reasonably reliable, get tons of looks, sparks conversations, makes friendships and relationships with people. It's an enthusiast kind of thing. Not always about which car makes .003 more lateral g's.
This might be the only reason left why I'm still active here. Owned 4 Zs before and my current one, plus an Infiniti. Basically down to Nissan/Datsun's sports car heritage including motorsports. Sure it won't be the best performing at the price range but heck nowadays in the current market any performance car with 400+ hp will be $40K and up. No bargains anymore, Nissan has to cut corners.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
But prices on new cars are going up across the board.
The BRZ for example, was 32k last time round. The new model has arrived and is costing 45k on road ,..is a comparable increase to the Z

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
But prices on new cars are going up across the board.
The BRZ for example, was 32k last time round. The new model has arrived and is costing 45k on road ,..is a comparable increase to the Z
That must be an AU market thing, because in the USA the price increases of BRZ/GR86 have been more manageable. No telling what the future holds though.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I
That must be an AU market thing, because in the USA the price increases of BRZ/GR86 have been more manageable. No telling what the future holds though.
only know because my older son is looking at buying a new car and selling his commodore …which is in excellent condition, but chews through petrol

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
I'm part of the Boeing family, and happen to live a rocks throw from the Everett plant.

Your characterization of the MAX issue is flawed and overly simplified.

In an organization as bureaucratic as Boeing, there's plenty of blame to go around, and nearly impossible to pin the issue on one person or specific group.

Nissan and Boeing aren't the same.
Ah but when there is a failure or something not built to someone’s standards, somehow the accountants are to blame. The top individual of any organization is to blame when you have a systemic organizational failure like Boeing’s. But of course you’re going to defend your employer. It’s not like they’re signing your checks or anything…

Please tell me how my MAX characterization is oversimplified and flawed. I’m well verse on the topic so I’m all ears! This could get interesting. Don’t take too many pills though…

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
The issues relating to the Max were not the result of an engineer trying to build what's best, but of an accounting group trying to keep training costs to a minimum by adapting an old air frame from the 1960's to allow for a common endorsement with a 'new' air plane.
Hmmm.......

I wonder to what product we're looking to buy this year in which this might apply? 😂😂😂😂