bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Wait, is this good or bad? lol. I just set Cruise between 65-80 MPH (because Ohio) and relaxed.
It's neither (or maybe good 😉). It just means that you're been moving pretty fast since you filled up. You must have filled up, accelerated to cruise, and stayed there. If you do any city driving at all, it's hard to keep the number that high. It's early in the tank, so not that surprising.

zwannabe

First Name
z-being
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
96 supra mk4, 2023 nissan z
I never realized that the bottom of the door cards was Carbon Fiber, or "Carbon Fiber". It does do a good job of protecting the door, but the speaker takes the brunt of my steel toed boots tho.

IMG_20230614_202302.jpg
How do you turn this courtesy doorlight on/off ? mines are always off regardless of the dome light settings (doors/off/on). Tks.

OP
OP
qellman32

qellman32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023-24 Nissan Z Performance (Black/Black)
Occupation
DoorDash Dasher
How do you turn this courtesy doorlight on/off ? mines are always off regardless of the dome light settings (doors/off/on). Tks.
Actually I don't think that lights up. If it does, that's new to me. I'll have to look at it. I think it's just a reflector.

zwannabe

First Name
z-being
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
96 supra mk4, 2023 nissan z
thanks, it did occur to me that they could be just reflectors but it's good to hear/confirm from another owner.

OP
OP
qellman32

qellman32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
DoorDash Dasher
I've been dealing with bad tire wear on these Bridgestone Potenza S007's. You guys can follow that thread here:

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/t...enza-s007s-worn-through-at-14-000-miles.2137/

My latest post there:
Apparently I am more new to Summer tires (and all tires in general) than I thought. I didn't know that summer tires can make your car wander in the lane when the tread gets low. My front treads on the Potenza's are at 4/32 out of 8/32 and the car was wandering over the tire grooves in the lanes. -_-_- Granted, I just took the car for an alignment and they said that my front driver side wheel's camber was off. But after they adjusted it, it still does it lightly. So I guess I need new front tires now too (well I knew that already, but not for this reason).

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I've been dealing with bad tire wear on these Bridgestone Potenza S007's. You guys can follow that thread here:

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/t...enza-s007s-worn-through-at-14-000-miles.2137/

My latest post there:
Apparently I am more new to Summer tires (and all tires in general) than I thought. I didn't know that summer tires can make your car wander in the lane when the tread gets low. My front treads on the Potenza's are at 4/32 out of 8/32 and the car was wandering over the tire grooves in the lanes. -_-_- Granted, I just took the car for an alignment and they said that my front driver side wheel's camber was off. But after they adjusted it, it still does it lightly. So I guess I need new front tires now too (well I knew that already, but not for this reason).
My Q60 used to wander pretty badly on the OEM Bridgestone tires, I thought it was alignment too.
New set of Continental DWS06+ has the car tracking perfectly now.

Dot’s son

First Name
Titan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
qellman32, I admire you driving/using your Z rather than keeping it a garage queen or preserving it for resale value etc. Your posts inspire me to drive and enjoy mine like it should be driven

OP
OP
qellman32

qellman32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
DoorDash Dasher
qellman32, I admire you driving/using your Z rather than keeping it a garage queen or preserving it for resale value etc. Your posts inspire me to drive and enjoy mine like it should be driven
Thanks. I knew before I got it that this is how I wanted to spend my time with the Z. It was supposed to be my move to Cali car, but life changed. So now I'm a little worried about the winter....

But I'm glad to see that someone else is driving it like it should be driven. I need to find more of us lol.

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z, GMC2500HD (winter), others
Occupation
retired
Thanks. I knew before I got it that this is how I wanted to spend my time with the Z. It was supposed to be my move to Cali car, but life changed. So now I'm a little worried about the winter....

But I'm glad to see that someone else is driving it like it should be driven. I need to find more of us lol.
I love the Z platform, but I've found it to be a totally impractical winter car in areas where there is snow. Until I bought this 2024, I've been driving two 370Z's since 2012 (Minnesota). It goes in the back garage for the season as soon as the first snowflake falls. IMHO, no snow tires in the world can make the Z a feasible or enjoyable car to drive on snowy roads. Your front spoiler/lip won't survive the season.

Otherwise I agree about the tires...the OEM Potenzas are not great tires. I switched to Michelin PSS after the first season and I've had many sets since then. I will do the same with my new Z. The Michelins were a little noisier, but made the car feel rock solid. Note that you're going to get about 15K - 18K out of a set of tires.

OP
OP
qellman32

qellman32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
DoorDash Dasher
Ohh, here she comes! Winter is upon us 😭🥶. Making sure I get the Recall work done, and a few other things, like a door rattle with bass notes and a rattle when I stop in the front left wheel.

We'll see how this goes...

IMG_20231127_094745.jpg

OP
OP
qellman32

qellman32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
DoorDash Dasher