OP
qellman32

qellman32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023-24 Nissan Z Performance (Black/Black)
Occupation
DoorDash Dasher
I F-ing LOVE THIS CAR! It just idle-torque pulled itself out of snow that was up to the illuminated sill plates (about 9ish inches)! And this car is the easiest car to clean snow off of I've ever had, it's so small. It's doing pretty good on the salted snow-covered roads, and better than I thought it would on somewhat shoveled side roads. Started right up too. It's not a truck, but it's not bad. All-Season tires were aa decent choice. But we'll see...

IMG_20240114_111536.jpg

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
Just had a panic attack seeing your Z in the snow…

Kidding, that’s awesome to hear your doing well in it!

ajsmithfl

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 400Z
Occupation
Retired
5 Things I've noticed Daily-ing the Z:

5. The rear view is pretty good. Even with some pretty large plastic bags of recyclables, I could still see out of the rear window. You can put some fairly tall items in the trunk.

4. The passenger-side quarter window is "useful", but the B/C pillar can hide like 2 cars side-by-side at a 45-degree angle. Pulling out of Drive Thru's is a task.

3. The Automatic shifter is weird, but you get used to it. If you liked the famed Killer Shifter in the Jeep Grand Cherokee that killed an actor, it's similar but much more thought out. Neutral takes a half beat (Manual says 0.5 secs) bump of the shifter to engage, and Park as a button for Millennials is different. I like it though.

2. THE GAUGE CLUSTER SHOWS THE SPEED LIMIT! I know this is a small thing, but I buy whole cars based on the small things like this. I appreciate it.

and #1. You can pull up to you destination, and just turn the car off. Like DON't park the car. just... turn it off. It puts ITSELF into park and turns off! This might be a Nissan thing already, but I'm impressed! It also will just put itself into park if you open the door too.

This is fun. Learning about a new car, yes, but also having a car that is exciting enough to talk about.

More to come!

IMG_20230620_100835.jpg

IMG_20230620_100842.jpg

IMG_20230620_145621.jpg

IMG_20230629_102200.jpg

IMG_20230629_102818.jpg
How do u get the “Auto Refuel” display to show in the tachometer display on the left?

OP
OP
qellman32

qellman32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
DoorDash Dasher
It only shows up in the "Normal" and "Enhanced" Meter Views (in the Menu button on the steering wheel). Once there, press the Menu button, go to "Personal Display" and select Fuel Economy or whichever you like. Then, on the Main Screen, scroll to the "Drive Computer" page and "Press OK to Change" to Auto Refuel. There are a few options to choose from.

**There are some other useful options once you change to "Normal" and "Enhanced", like the main Settings page, for those who were looking for it.**

IMG_20240117_055014.jpg

IMG_20240117_055027.jpg

IMG_20240117_054951.jpg

ajsmithfl

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 400Z
Occupation
Retired
It only shows up in the "Normal" and "Enhanced" Meter Views (in the Menu button on the steering wheel). Once there, press the Menu button, go to "Personal Display" and select Fuel Economy or whichever you like. Then, on the Main Screen, scroll to the "Drive Computer" page and "Press OK to Change" to Auto Refuel. There are a few options to choose from.

**There are some other useful options once you change to "Normal" and "Enhanced", like the main Settings page, for those who were looking for it.**

IMG_20240117_055014.jpg

IMG_20240117_055027.jpg

IMG_20240117_054951.jpg
Got it! Thanks!

OP
OP
qellman32

qellman32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
DoorDash Dasher
Lol I know how you feel. Crappily that's how this has to go. My plans to move to California last year fell through and I was forced to stay in Michigan. I don't know if this is better or worse for some of you, but I do have a car wash subscription, so it stays kind of clean, unless it's too cold. If everything works out, my plans are to paint the Z a different color. We'll see.

OP
OP
qellman32

qellman32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
DoorDash Dasher
Apparently, if you don't pay for the Nissan services, the lights on the "SOS" button go off. And no, I haven't tried pressing it to see what happens. But if I have to press it (and hopefully I won't have to), hopefully it'll at least call 9-1-1.

IMG_20240118_100233.jpg

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Apparently, if you don't pay for the Nissan services, the lights on the "SOS" button go off. And no, I haven't tried pressing it to see what happens. But if I have to press it (and hopefully I won't have to), hopefully it'll at least call 9-1-1.
The SOS button is a direct connection to the Safety Connect system. If you were involved in an accident and required emergency assistance, you press the emergency assistance button, which connects you to a 24/7 response center. The agent at the dispatch center will then send the necessary emergency service providers to your location. The SOS button can help you call for emergency towing, police, or ambulance services.