Bridgestone Potenza S007's - Worn through at 14,000 Miles!

qellman32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023-24 Nissan Z Performance (Black/Black)
Occupation
DoorDash Dasher
Is this normal? The rear wheels are cambered in (not sure to what degree), so the tires are wearing through on the inside. I know it's a sports car and a slidy boy, but I don't drive like a mad man. I don't do burn outs (don't think it'll let me), I don't do powerslides or drifting. It will occasionally step out around a corner, but nothing crazy.

I knew that the tread was getting kinda low by hand-checking it, so figured "oh, summer tires must wear faster." But one time it was wayyy too easy to step out around a corner. After that I hand-checked again. But this time I felt all the way around the tire... The pictures show what I saw when I looked.

Is 14,000 a bit soon for this wear? I think I'm going to talk to my dealer guy.

IMG_20230911_115156.jpg

IMG_20230911_115208.jpg

IMG_20230911_115212.jpg

Darkhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Impressive. Could your tyres have been under inflated giving increased wear on the edges? That combined with a bit of camber might do this.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
As mentioned elsewhere.
The factory alignment is crap.

new tires and an alignment and you will be better off.

but it’s also a performance car so yeah going wear quicker than a stock car.

Chokinzoku

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
14,000 miles is actually not bad for a rear wheel drive Z. My C63 with 130 more Lb. Ft. of torque could barely get to 10,000 miles. And I can’t even get to 7,000 miles in a Tesla Plaid without changing the rears.

DerrellSC

First Name
Derrell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Teacher
The alignment is not good. The tire should wear evenly across the tread. Even if they were under inflated both sides would wear not just the one. But, the "sportier" the tire the less life it will have.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
that is almost like if you were driving like this half the time /____\

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
FWIW, The Potenza S005s (235/35R19) on my '23 GTI lasted 8300 miles. I probably could have gotten an extra 1000 miles, but not worth it when comparing how much I was sliding when it rained. This post is making me wonder if the whole S00X lineup is just bad in terms of mileage?

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
Those look almost as bad as the tires we just swapped out on my buddy's mustang. By "swap" I really mean spent an entire Saturday replacing 2 blown tires with one more probably about to blow out, and one tire that had maybe another 500-1000 miles left. I HIGHLY recommend getting new tires, at least for those rears, if you value your safety. One bad pothole, and those are toast

OP
OP
qellman32

qellman32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
DoorDash Dasher
Impressive. Could your tyres have been under inflated giving increased wear on the edges? That combined with a bit of camber might do this.
Maybe, but I have them inflated to what is on the door seal label, 32 PSI Front, 29 PSI Rear. They came from the deal at 44 PSI all around. It's definitely the camber playing into it as well.

Tire Label.jpg

OP
OP
qellman32

qellman32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
DoorDash Dasher
Those look almost as bad as the tires we just swapped out on my buddy's mustang. By "swap" I really mean spent an entire Saturday replacing 2 blown tires with one more probably about to blow out, and one tire that had maybe another 500-1000 miles left. I HIGHLY recommend getting new tires, at least for those rears, if you value your safety. One bad pothole, and those are toast
Yes, currently waiting for some definitely last minute buy tires to come in, Atlas Force UHP All Seasons. I mostly picked those for last-minute price, but also to try them out. This is my first sports car, and my first sports car on All Seasons lol.

We'll see how that goes.

81nrW6hnFEL.jpg

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Yes, currently waiting for some definitely last minute buy tires to come in, Atlas Force UHP All Seasons. I mostly picked those for last-minute price, but also to try them out. This is my first sports car, and my first sports car on All Seasons lol.

We'll see how that goes.

81nrW6hnFEL.jpg
This reminds me of my 2003 350z ,they also used bridgestone tires and they did the same thing.There was a recall at that time for this and if I remember correctly it was due to no camber adjustment on the 350z.They would just keep replacing the rear tires during the warranty period.Wonder if it's the same on the new Z.

KCZ

First Name
KCZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Evora, Boxster, Jeep, Xterra.
Depends on the tire. The Pirelli P Zero Corsa System tires that were OEM on the Evora lasted 4000 miles, and it also cost $4000 to replace a set. They were damn good tires though.

This reminds me of my 2003 350z ,they also used bridgestone tires and they did the same thing.There was a recall at that time for this and if I remember correctly it was due to no camber adjustment on the 350z.They would just keep replacing the rear tires during the warranty period.Wonder if it's the same on the new Z.
Those Bridgestones were terrible. Lousy handling as well as poor wear. I switched them out for Toyos asap.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Maybe, but I have them inflated to what is on the door seal label, 32 PSI Front, 29 PSI Rear. They came from the deal at 44 PSI all around. It's definitely the camber playing into it as well.
That is part of their PDI (pre-delivery inspection) checklist. I wonder if you might have a copy of that in your paperwork so you could probably go back to them and make a case for excessive and uneven tire wear.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Is your Z at factory ride height, i.e. not lowered? Those LCAs sure looked angled like more neg camber at those rear tires. Or, you're carrying more weight back there? It's camber wear and soft S007s, nothing else.