OP
OP
NiZmonium

NiZmonium

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 G37 6MT
Yeah, you guys are right. The internet and global car enthusiast community didn't go crazy over this car for the past 3 years. There was barely any talk of how good it was going to be. No one talked about how it was going to defeat the Supra. Nobody talked about how fast it was going to be, and how well it was going to perform with all the upgrades and improvements.

Everyone knew it was just going to be an okay car. Everyone knew it was just going to be pretty mediocre as far as handling, suspension, and track performance goes.

Only just a small amount of complete idiots had high hopes for the z.

There, is that better?

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Yeah, you guys are right. The internet and global car enthusiast community didn't go crazy over this car for the past 3 years. There was barely any talk of how good it was going to be. No one talked about how it was going to defeat the Supra. Nobody talked about how fast it was going to be, and how well it was going to perform with all the upgrades and improvements.

Everyone knew it was just going to be an okay car. Everyone knew it was just going to be pretty mediocre as far as handling, suspension, and track performance goes.

Only just a small amount of complete idiots had high hopes for the z.

There, is that better?
the price should reflect mediocracy.. i mean if the perf would of come in at 45k i bet no one would of batted an eye and the world would of been at peace

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
and track performance goes.
Yet again, it's NOT a "track car" and was never intended to be a "track car", like every other Z before it. :rolleyes: Neither is the Supra or basically every other sports car made by street-level manufacturers. That's why motor sport people modify the cars.

What some fools what to delude themselves with is up to them. Likely the same fools who whine about the 86/BRZ being "under-powered" because they have no clue what the car was made for.

OP
OP
NiZmonium

NiZmonium

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 G37 6MT
Yet again, it's NOT a "track car" and was never intended to be a "track car", like every other Z before it. :rolleyes: Neither is the Supra or basically every other sports car made by street-level manufacturers. That's why motor sport people modify the cars.

What some fools what to delude themselves with is up to them. Likely the same fools who whine about the 86/BRZ being "under-powered" because they have no clue what the car was made for.
The fact that the Z would perform poorly at the track at it's price point of $52k for the Performance model really just emphasizes the lack of value

How much is the Nismo variant going to cost ? $65k ?

The bottom line is that for how much the Z costs , it's not that great

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Wow, you guys (sorry, did I offend anyone with incorrect pronoun usage??) are SALTY.

Please spread the word on how much a failure the new Z is so I don't have to face-down $10K ADMs. Maybe if y'all can get enough people to agree that the new Z is a "failure" we'll only need to pay a $5K Chinese pandemic tax....yup...let'em know! The new Z sucks...

OP
OP
NiZmonium

NiZmonium

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 G37 6MT
Wow, you guys (sorry, did I offend anyone with incorrect pronoun usage??) are SALTY.

Please spread the word on how much a failure the new Z is so I don't have to face-down $10K ADMs. Maybe if y'all can get enough people to agree that the new Z is a "failure" we'll only need to pay a $5K Chinese pandemic tax....yup...let'em know! The new Z sucks...
The Z isn't a failure - it's just overpriced. I guess if not wanting to pay $52k for a Z makes me salty in your opinion , then so be it.

I have personally stated several times that I think the Z is an excellent vehicle , just like the 370Z and G37.

But the huge difference is the excellent value of the 370Z.

I would have no problem spending $40k to $45k on a Z , and then spending another $5k to $10k on mods down the road

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The Z isn't a failure - it's just overpriced. I guess if not wanting to pay $52k for a Z makes me salty in your opinion , then so be it.

I have personally stated several times that I think the Z is an excellent vehicle , just like the 370Z and G37.

I would have no problem spending $40k to $45k on a Z , and then spending another $5k to $10k on mods down the road
But what are you basing it on…I mean what else can you buy in that price range….in Australia you could get the MX5 for 15k cheaper, or an 86 for quite a bit cheaper…but neither match the Z, and the 86 will be as common as muck.

The Aussies price is 80-84K on road for the coupe
You guys are getting a bargain

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
It's crazy man. I have found used Civic Type-Rs with 30k on the clock for FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS. W. T. F.
Who are these people buying cars now at high prices and paying 5/10/15 or even 20k ADMs?

None of my friends or relations are buying. Even my materialistic friend known for poor impulse control isn't buying.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60

I think we are just seeing things from differing viewpoints.
You, obviously, are going by metrics/$.
Me, I'm going by emotion/$.

I. don't. care. About Mustangs, Camaros or BMWs masquerading as a Toyota.
I want a certain type of car, that at least is "in the ballpark". For example, I kind of liked the previous Z, but it really needs boost. So, in that case, I'd be looking at $30K-$35K for a decent starter Z, and then another $20K for boost. Then comes the issues. Or, I could say a new Toyobaru twin would be nice. With boost (that's just me) and again, we'd be talking about a $30K car that needs $15K-$20K in boost (ignoring the fact the new Toyobarus don't have a boost option yet).

If I was OK with German, the Supra or M240 would be my best bet.

Nope. I want a 2 seat Japanese car with twin hair dryers. There's only one game in town in 2022. And for $41K to start, even at $54K, I consider it a good deal. That's just me. I've wasted too much money on boosting NA cars, or upping the boost on FI cars, or just getting into the weeds on FBO NA cars that I consider a Nissan that traps 116mph for $41K a great deal.
I'll take it.

I also happen to much prefer the Z interior over any other car. Toyobaru twins being a close 2nd, but I prefer 2 seat hatch every day (yup, I would consider a C7 if prices weren't ridonks)

OP
OP
NiZmonium

NiZmonium

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 G37 6MT
I think we are just seeing things from differing viewpoints.
You, obviously, are going by metrics/$.
Me, I'm going by emotion/$.

I. don't. care. About Mustangs, Camaros or BMWs masquerading as a Toyota.
I want a certain type of car, that at least is "in the ballpark". For example, I kind of liked the previous Z, but it really needs boost. So, in that case, I'd be looking at $30K-$35K for a decent starter Z, and then another $20K for boost. Then comes the issues. Or, I could say a new Toyobaru twin would be nice. With boost (that's just me) and again, we'd be talking about a $30K car that needs $15K-$20K in boost (ignoring the fact the new Toyobarus don't have a boost option yet).

If I was OK with German, the Supra or M240 would be my best bet.

Nope. I want a 2 seat Japanese car with twin hair dryers. There's only one game in town in 2022. And for $41K to start, even at $54K, I consider it a good deal. That's just me. I've wasted too much money on boosting NA cars, or upping the boost on FI cars, or just getting into the weeds on FBO NA cars that I consider a Nissan that traps 116mph for $41K a great deal.
I'll take it.

I also happen to much prefer the Z interior over any other car. Toyobaru twins being a close 2nd, but I prefer 2 seat hatch every day (yup, I would consider a C7 if prices weren't ridonks)
I like and share your logic.

It is true - The Z is a twin turboed Japanese sports coupe , which will be completely warranteed .

I also never would consider adding an aftermarket turbo to an NA car . No matter how perfect the install is , you almost always will have to make adjustments . And even worse , no factory warranty .

I'm already on the waiting list for a C8 , and if I wasn't I would probably get back on the Z train, regardless of the $52k price tag

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell

I am not a Toyota fan boi (BMW actually) and NOT a Z hater. Think it is awesome they are bringing back a name plate in Manual and handsome design actually.

BUT, the Supra is a wicked track car right out of the box and bone stock. I benchmarked mine before mods. The ONLY thing it needs to track competently and competitively every single day is $50 in brake fluid and $500-800 in brake pads.

I remain excited to see Z on track and what people do with them. Bring on the fun and nonsense and lets shred some tires and consumables.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Accountants have their place, but it should never be one of leadership, only management. Unfortunately the two roles are very different and good managers don't always make good leaders. When designing a "halo" car for the brand, leadership needs to be given more weight. This isn't a base sedan or SUV. Its a 50 year historical-nameplate-everymans dream car.

I'm starting to consider other vehicles than the Z. Accountants are a big part of the problem. In Canada I can't get the proper larger screen with navigation on the performance trim. The exhaust for the manual sounds as aggressive as a Maxima. The tires are okay, but not the best. The suspension isn't adjustable. The car is really beautiful, and as far as exterior design goes they nailed it. It's the details that seem to fall a little short.

When Ford, Chevy, and Toyota all offer push button suspension adjustment, better tires, similar or better horsepower, etc. it is clear that the accounting managers at Nissan had too much influence. This isn't a mass produced vehicle that will be sold to families, fleets, etc. It's a special niche vehicle that made its mark by being better than the competition at the time it was first released in 1969, for a fair price.
An accountant should never be in leadership? Wow. That's funny. You should see my office...

The reason the Z doesn't come equipped as you'd like is because Nissan is on the brink of non existence. They have no money. It doesn't take a Harvard accounting grad to figure out how much money you have in your bank account.

Still no one has yet to refute my Boeing example. I guess we can just overlook when an engineer at the helm kills 346 people...What do you have for me there?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Still no one has yet to refute my Boeing example. I guess we can just overlook when an engineer at the helm kills 346 people...What do you have for me there?
I'm part of the Boeing family, and happen to live a rocks throw from the Everett plant.

Your characterization of the MAX issue is flawed and overly simplified.

In an organization as bureaucratic as Boeing, there's plenty of blame to go around, and nearly impossible to pin the issue on one person or specific group.

Nissan and Boeing aren't the same.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
The Z itself is a fine car, it's just simply not worth what they are asking.

Had they priced it fairly, I'm sure the world over would have turned a blind eye to the shortcomings because they can all be solved via aftermarket (except for the lack of mag ride......which I don't mind personally)

Last edited:

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
95% of the people buying this will probably not even go to a track with the car. So, I'm not sure why a handful of people are so bent out of shape over keyboard racing the cars. I guess it's still a thing in the online forum world.

I'm buying one because it's a Z. and I have a passion for Z's :D This car will be my 6th Z car.
None of them are fast by any means. Hell, half of mine are "on jack stands". They're great little cars. Fun, reasonably reliable, get tons of looks, sparks conversations, makes friendships and relationships with people. It's an enthusiast kind of thing. Not always about which car makes .003 more lateral g's.