Should Nissan bring back the 2+2 layout?

Would you be interested in a 2+2 Z35?

• Total voters

West Aussie

Reaction score
Car(s)
Peugeot RCZ typeR
My Peugeot has 4 seats, my civic hatch had 4 seats…small but there, and good for small kids.
If my kids were still small I would not be buying the Z no matter how much I loved it.
However my sons are now 18/15 and don’t like hanging out with their mum much anymore, and my older one has his own car…so I can afford to indulge.
However I don’t think the extra seats detracts from the appeal if done the right way, and could entice more buyers

Last edited:

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Car(s)
4G Kia Rio 6MT
The extra space with the 2+2 would be much appreciated, and the longer wheelbase would improve the ride quality.

Pretty much all the Z's competition is 2+2. It makes no sense why Nissan is bucking the trend.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
I think the reason why the 300ZX could get away with a having a 2+2 option is because we didn't have the G coupe / Q60 at the time in the U.S. Nowadays with the ever so shrinking sports car segment I think we'll be lucky to even get a convertible version anytime soon.

Last edited:

Petemo94

Reaction score
Car(s)
11 G37 Coupe, 93 300ZX NA Coupe
Occupation
Engineer
No, that's what the Q60 is for.
Totally agree - think about it. Nissan will not invest in mney for a 2+2 when the Q60 is available. Same platform, size engine(s) and a back seat. There's your 2+2 and I agree with how they handled it. Why slow down a sports car with a back seat?

relyt

First Name
Tyler
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
The extra space with the 2+2 would be much appreciated, and the longer wheelbase would improve the ride quality.

Pretty much all the Z's competition is 2+2. It makes no sense why Nissan is bucking the trend.
I feel like that's exactly why it makes sense for Nissan to only offer a 2 seater.