Nissan Z35 engine should be?

What engine should power the Nissan Z35?

• 4 cylinder would be good for me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 cylinder or bust!

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • I want a choice between 4 or 6 cylinders

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • None of the Above (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

626m3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3
I'd much prefer a pricier Z next gen car that is faster and can compete with cars like the M3 and V8 american cars than a smaller displacement turbo. I think Nissan really needs to bring back the Silvia to compete with the FRS/BRZ

I would rather see a faster, more expensive Z that would compete with the M3 and 5.0 Mustang than a slower, smaller, car. Nissan really needs to bring back the Silvia to compete with the BRZ.

Yolo2014

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
I don't mind. Nissan needs to bring back the 240Z using a 2.4L turbo for a lower cost.

Maybe then we can see a 400Z simultaneously as well as a new GT-R.

MeisterZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Burnt Orange 350Z 6spd
I'd much prefer a pricier Z next gen car that is faster and can compete with cars like the M3 and V8 american cars than a smaller displacement turbo. I think Nissan really needs to bring back the Silvia to compete with the FRS/BRZ

I would rather see a faster, more expensive Z that would compete with the M3 and 5.0 Mustang than a slower, smaller, car. Nissan really needs to bring back the Silvia to compete with the BRZ.
Judging by the FR-S/BRZ trend and what i've read lately I think Nissan is gonna be super cautious even considering a direct BRZ competitor. Those sales reached a crescendo for Toyota and have started to fall big time.

OP
OP
MillerP

MillerP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3

Exactly. Plus the execs have mentioned they are looking at the lower end of the market too with the IDx and maybe another sports car. That means there is a big gap between the Z and the GT-R for the Z to play with.

Yolo2014

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang

Competing with M3 and Mustang sounds great, but pricier than the currently slow selling Z is a tough proposition for a Nissan branded car, GT-R being the exception because of its image and its supercar performance.

J_Watts

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86
The Z will never be able to compete with the likes of the Mustang on price. The $ per HP will always be in their favor but Nissan can offer better styling, better interior, and more refinement. That's where it should be a selling point. Still can't be too underpowered though.

MisterNismo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Totaled 370Z
The Z will never be able to compete with the likes of the Mustang on price. The $ per HP will always be in their favor but Nissan can offer better styling, better interior, and more refinement. That's where it should be a selling point. Still can't be too underpowered though.
Don't forget reliability too.

The next Z can also beat cars like the Mustang and Camaro easily on weight, size and resulting driving dynamics. Those cars are cheap HP but they're also big and heavy, even the new 2015 Mustang.

afflicted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 fr-s
Yea plus the image is so different which counts for a lot when you are talking about sports cars. I know a lot of people who will never buy a Mustang just because it is a Mustang, no matter how euro/asian they make it look.