Nissan should learn from Toyota

FLex

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Golf R
What's sad is that when the 370z came out if you compared it on paper to its competitors at the time, it was great. But years later that's not true anymore. There's nothing special about it, but it's priced at a price level where you expect something special.
It's gone stale and needs a reboot for sure. I think it's more of an image and marketing issue. The 2014 370Z isn't the bang for its buck bargain that its predecessor was back in the early 350Z days but it is still one of the most capable fully featured sports cars you can buy for under 45-50K fully loaded. But it does badly need a redesign, more power and maybe a new price point.

626m3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3
It's gone stale and needs a reboot for sure. I think it's more of an image and marketing issue. The 2014 370Z isn't the bang for its buck bargain that its predecessor was back in the early 350Z days but it is still one of the most capable fully featured sports cars you can buy for under 45-50K fully loaded. But it does badly need a redesign, more power and maybe a new price point.
x2 nobody talks or thinks about the 370Z anymore. I know I don't.

Seong

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 CBR600
Exactly and they are at a point where they might have to discontinue and stop production if they can't turn it around. That's why a name change is good and a totally different philosophy. Return to roots and compete on price and size/weight.
Even if the 370z is selling poorly they don't have to stop production until the next Z is ready to be sold. All the costs involved in developing the 370z has been outlayed so at this point even though the car isn't selling that well it's also not costing the company anything to keep producing however many they can sell.

Amazing there's been complete silence on the Z35 Z model and we're in the traditional last model year of the 370z.

sun tzu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Mustang GT
x2 nobody talks or thinks about the 370Z anymore. I know I don't.
Of course they don't it's like 6 years old and on its way out. What everyone should be talking about at this point is the Z35 Z-car but Nissan seems to be completely tight lipped about it :(

NSFW!

Threads
Reaction score
DEFINITELY DO NOT DO what Toyota is doing and that's just relying on partnerships with other manufacturers to build their cars. It's a shortcut and lame. Now they got this Scion iA car coming out which is just based on the Mazda 2.

BluntForce

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
DEFINITELY DO NOT DO what Toyota is doing and that's just relying on partnerships with other manufacturers to build their cars. It's a shortcut and lame. Now they got this Scion iA car coming out which is just based on the Mazda 2.
I'd rather Nissan do their own thing too but what platform and parts can they leverage? Sports cars rarely get their own dedicated platform now, its just not profitable enough to justify. Not every sports car can sell like the Mustang and other cars to pull from the parts bin.