Nissan Z Release Date

BB_Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Jaguar F-type R-Dynamic 6MT
I've become obsessed with this new Nissan proto/400z -- desperate to be among the first to get my hands/feet on it. So, I will literally latch on to any news/article written about this car. In the article below, they seem to suggest that the car will be available in the "spring of 2021" -- I guess they use the word "debut" so maybe that just means they think we'll find out more about the production??

"When is the Nissan 400Z coming out? Well, the brand says the new Z car should debut in the spring of 2021."

https://www.gearpatrol.com/cars/g35386808/nissan-400z-future-sports-car/

Captain_Kirk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Thanks for sharing, but those low level customer representatives usually don't know much. They repeat the same lines given to them by management.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
198F6F94-0077-42D6-B005-88AF32E29988.jpeg
I chatted in with Nissan here is confirmation is supposed to release end of year but chipshortage could push it into 2022
This is what my dealer told me. December, he can see in his system he has 3 allocated.
this lines up with what I’ve been told and the guy from Canada...

im choosing to believe this is the timeline.

it’s my thinking, that numbers could be limited to start with due to the chip shortage....my dealer said it was because they didn’t want to flood the market straight up, but I think it’s more likely due to chip issues.
in my mind ( and I have no contacts, this is just me thinking) i think that if dealers have small amounts in the system that, it’s highly possible this is what will be here at the end of the year/start of 2022, otherwise why have the information in the system?
More will follow once they secure more chips...again, no one quote me, this is my thought process alone.

hope I’m right though

Last edited:

supraboi

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS300
Well if that's true, so much for the rumored May 23rd debut. :/

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Well if that's true, so much for the rumored May 23rd debut. :/
could still debut on that date, pre orders could open on that date and then cars available by the end of the year ...but as you say it could also be a furfy that someone on another chat has thrown up
suppose we will know either way in two weeks time

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
^So maybe the 5/23 will be the day? :D
What’s the bet it won’t be the 23rd now...just because the element of surprise is gone
I mean I hope he is right, but he could of just got the date from rumours on this forum?

Last edited:

Zryder21

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota pickup
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Is it possible they release it the same day they did with the 240z? If so, Oct. 22 would be the day.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Ugh, but kind of expected since Nissan hasn’t given us ANY new clues. Sometime in 2022 is really more realistic then. More sit and wait.
Wonder when ordering will be avail?

dkmura

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'03 350Z track, '06 350Z SCCA touring racecar
Occupation
Freelance automotive journalist
Actually, Nissan has given us clues, but you have to know where to look. The company just released details on the new Pathfinder SUV and Frontier pickup. Both will be available later this fall, which means the Z35 won't be given the spotlight until at least that point. Even if the early production model is shown later this year, expect true production to fall into 2022. Save those pennies, boys and girls!