jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Exactly what I was saying. All dealers will be given details at the same time. They won’t give one dealer more info than another , because that’s what embargo’s are for. All information tyats been forthcoming to date we are already aware of, or our own dealers when questioned can answer.

Therefore the title of this thread really is click bait, and it has become a page about “I am a trusted dealer” come buy from me…and it’s worked, with two people in here saying they will get in touch.

Look I’m not really against it, smart move….but I think for an honest dealer, it’s not very upfront to hide behind Dans name to get interest
I mean this was clickbait the first time i saw it. The information or this “phone call” is the same information that was released to us in august. I mean you calling yourself an enthusiast, trying to help the community out, great but did you stop and think maybe im spreading misleading information? Like the information is the same information gathered already so why even make a huge thread and post it and let alone bump it.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The lack of any options within that significant void will make me wait until Nissan decides to fill it with the appropriate packages. In a sense, they should hope I prove to be in the minority since it'd be a shame if sales suffered as a result of their questionable decision.
In Australia it’s usual not to have options, I mean we get offered car mats, boot protector sort of stuff but not any real true options unless you are going up market e.g Porsche….so it won’t be too big of an issue here.
More of an issue is if one flavour has better options.
Of the auto turns out to be better, it could well turn people, and that’s an issue, because if they are truly going to fill orders as placed, they could well find a lot of manuals go unsold, and on the flip side have a huge shortage of autos.

look for me the issues are not deal breakers, and I still want the manual…but it is possible it could be an issue for others.
At this late stage in the game there should be no questions…we all should know exactly what’s in the car, how much it’s going to be and a REAL timeline ….that is if the delivery dates are truly still tracking on time for July 🧐

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
The market does indeed blow right now. But, oddly, it hasn't stopped the C8 from offering 5,000 trims and myriad options to buyers... I think Nissan could hide behind that excuse, and may choose to, but I don't take it to necessarily be true. We'd have seen the rest of the market reflect this same reality in recent years were it uniformly the case.
I mean GM is in it's home turf in the US and is SIGNIFGANTLY larger both in manufacturing and money. Nissan is a small company compared to most all of the manufacturers it competes with. Nissan doesn't have the resources Toyota, Ford, GM, Fiat, ect. have and thus they struggle even harder when things like this happen. I'm definitely not trying to make excuses for the negligence that has occurred with the launch. However, I can see things from the other side as well.

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
I mean this was clickbait the first time i saw it. The information or this “phone call” is the same information that was released to us in august. I mean you calling yourself an enthusiast, trying to help the community out, great but did you stop and think maybe im spreading misleading information? Like the information is the same information gathered already so why even make a huge thread and post it and let alone bump it.
Because the big points of this was to 1. disprove the delay in launch in August (still planned for June).
2. Give some serious weight to the pricing I believed the Z would be at since the beginning.
3. To unfortunately squash the rumor that pre orders were happening.
4. Bringing some weight to information being released this month and next (not just my own word against the world)
5. An attempt to get people to understand that the manufacturer cant dictate dealer pricing.

Yes I had and idea of most of this information or heard talks about it but I wanted a strong figure in Nissan to talk with about it to ensure the legitimacy of it.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Because the big points of this was to 1. disprove the delay in launch in August (still planned for June).
2. Give some serious weight to the pricing I believed the Z would be at since the beginning.
4. Bringing some weight to information being released this month and next (not just my own word against the world)
5. An attempt to get people to understand that the manufacturer cant dictate dealer pricing.
1. Just because it's planned doesn't mean a delay isn't possible, especially in the current world we're living in
2. Again just speculation, these are prices that have literally been discussed on the forum for the LAST 6+ MONTHS. Any logical person can guesstimate what the new Z will be priced at.
3. You didn't squash any rumor; they said since DAY 1 of official reveal that pre-orders were not happening
4. Again, no official info FROM NISSAN CORPORATE has been said regarding info being released this month or next month
5. As far as US customers go, we know this, which is why we've been seeing absurd mark ups on cars for the last 2 years

Still waiting for you to even prove you actually spoke with Dan in the first place. Dan hasn't acknowledged or made a single post in this thread, confirming he even spoke with you. In fact, his last post was on March 4th in the original Q&A thread he started.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
1. Just because it's planned doesn't mean a delay isn't possible, especially in the current world we're living in
2. Again just speculation, these are prices that have literally been discussed on the forum for the LAST 6+ MONTHS. Any logical person can guesstimate what the new Z will be priced at.
3. You didn't squash any rumor; they said since DAY 1 of official reveal that pre-orders were not happening
4. Again, no official info FROM NISSAN CORPORATE has been said regarding info being released this month or next month
5. As far as US customers go, we know this, which is why we've been seeing absurd mark ups on cars for the last 2 years

Still waiting for you to even prove you actually spoke with Dan in the first place. Dan hasn't acknowledged or made a single post in this thread, confirming he even spoke with you. In fact, his last post was on March 4th in the original Q&A thread he started.
Oh thanks for writing what i was gonna say 😂. Again the op himself said dan could neither confirm or deny. What does that even mean exactly? Maybe? 😂

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
You can easily turn off all safety features. As an added bonus they stay off and you don’t have to “reremove” them on a fresh start up.
I went into the "Settings" off the dash menu and thought I shut them off. But the next time I went to drive the car the safety settings reverted back. You think it may be some type of "rental car" option where they can only be shut off during the current driving session ??

And thanks for that, would be a bit of an annoyance to have to change the settings every time I go to drive the Z . . .

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
I mean GM is in it's home turf in the US and is SIGNIFGANTLY larger both in manufacturing and money. Nissan is a small company compared to most all of the manufacturers it competes with. Nissan doesn't have the resources Toyota, Ford, GM, Fiat, ect. have and thus they struggle even harder when things like this happen. I'm definitely not trying to make excuses for the negligence that has occurred with the launch. However, I can see things from the other side as well.
Nissan is small to an extent, yes. They are still evidently offering 4 trims at launch in Japan, if initial reports are to be believed, so it feels like a deliberate decision to offer only the most basic and most feature-laden variants in most markets. Hell, Mazda is tiny even compared to Nissan and they offer more trims of the MX-5 😂

Baffling stuff.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster

Yes I had and idea of most of this information or heard talks about it but I wanted a strong figure in Nissan to talk with about it to ensure the legitimacy of it.
I get the drive and portfolio of a sales professional so you should just own it and go easy on trying to position yourself as the trusted advisor when you are in the dark just like the rest of us bro. Just because you work for a single dealership doesn't mean your opinion even remotely approaches fact. Everyone has been trying to emphasize that none of us know anything! You are on here to position yourself as a trusted advisor so you can sell cars.

The real question is whether you'd even be on here if you didn't sell Nissans for a living and weren't thinking of developing a national list of customers slowly and eventually as you were able to grab supply to your own dealership? The rest of us would still be on here as enthusiasts...and yes I know you are an enthusiast and are buying another Z...but my guess is that if you didn't work for Nissan then your tone on this thread wouldn't come off smacking of "internet marketing" or "influencer". Your selling Z's is a conflict of interest compared to why the rest of us are on here. And you are hearing it from multiple people. Additionally, if I WERE Dan Passe I would be extremely pissed that you were parading my name around to solicit attention for your role as a sales guy at a dealership. This is what people are sensing and not sure why you cannot see what we see. I am just being candid.

Last edited:

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
I get the drive and portfolio of a sales professional so you should just own it and go easy on trying to position yourself as the trusted advisor when you are in the dark just like the rest of us bro. Just because you work for a single dealership doesn't mean your opinion even remotely approaches fact. Everyone has been trying to emphasize that none of us know anything! You are on here to position yourself as a trusted advisor so you can sell cars.

The real question is whether you'd even be on here if you didn't sell Nissans for a living and weren't thinking of developing a national list of customers slowly and eventually as you were able to grab supply to your own dealership? The rest of us would still be on here as enthusiasts...and yes I know you are an enthusiast and are buying another Z...but my guess is that if you didn't work for Nissan then your tone on this thread wouldn't come off smacking of "internet marketing" or "influencer". Your selling Z's is a conflict of interest compared to why the rest of us are on here. And you are hearing it from multiple people. Additionally, if I WERE Dan Passe I would be extremely pissed that you were parading my name around to solicit attention for your role as a sales guy at a dealership. This is what people are sensing and not sure why you cannot see what we see. I am just being candid.
This. If mclovin is trying to garner a list to supply more cars to his dealership. that’s really a low move. Mclovin I hope that is Not what you’re doing here

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep

I mean I guess I could post a screen shot of the appointment time for the call I got in my email if you don't believe that I actually spoke with him.

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
Oh thanks for writing what i was gonna say 😂. Again the op himself said dan could neither confirm or deny. What does that even mean exactly? Maybe? 😂
I mean when you don't have permission to talk about certain topics because they aren't meant to be made public yet you have to not confirm or deny most everything.

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep

I would be here regardless if I sold Nissans or not. Now obviously my position would change if I wasn't working for a dealership or Nissan but because I do there are things I am privy to that the general public isn't. Thus I can inform people of these things because I have access to certain information. Hence why I started my ask a salesman thread, which started as a bash thread then evolved in to an educational thread. I won't deny some "internet marketing" or "influencing" because I love the brand, selling or not. Though being in a sales position if I can help people in the area I am in. If I worked for Nissan direct I would do the same. As for Dan I made certain to gain his full support before relaying any information pertaining to our conversation anywhere.

For those who have been on this thread here for a while I look new to all of this but I've been an active member or participant of a multitude of different organizations, groups, clubs, etc. So I can assure you I am not new to anything Z car related.

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
Dayum.

Let's all get back to our happy places....
Sometimes you get drug through the mud before you gain peoples trust and I'm fine with that. Though I am in a pretty good mood 😁 today. Not so much yesterday, had a transport truck catch on fire and our products where lost with it 😞

fire1.jpg

fire2.jpg