First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
looks like someone didnt get there truck inspected, the brakes get caked with grease and the heat lights them up
Almost a quarter of a million dollars in inventory in flames šŸ˜ž . Those pathfinders are worth their weight in gold here too.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
ive seen it happen a few times here i send the guys to inspection every 3 months instead of yearly .. that way there alway checking the truck before hand lol

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
I would be here regardless if I sold Nissans or not. Now obviously my position would change if I wasn't working for a dealership or Nissan but because I do there are things I am privy to that the general public isn't. Thus I can inform people of these things because I have access to certain information. Hence why I started my ask a salesman thread, which started as a bash thread then evolved in to an educational thread. I won't deny some "internet marketing" or "influencing" because I love the brand, selling or not. Though being in a sales position if I can help people in the area I am in. If I worked for Nissan direct I would do the same. As for Dan I made certain to gain his full support before relaying any information pertaining to our conversation anywhere.

For those who have been on this thread here for a while I look new to all of this but I've been an active member or participant of a multitude of different organizations, groups, clubs, etc. So I can assure you I am not new to anything Z car related.
Fair enough. A Z enthusiast is a Z enthusiast and it is a love of cars that brings us all together. I do not think you are privy to anything significant concerning the all important details that we are all waiting on. I've asked my group dealership owner to contact the senior leadership of Nissan NA from his trip in San Diego to press for some real facts. Not hopeful there are any but we will see.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
I mean when you don't have permission to talk about certain topics because they aren't meant to be made public yet you have to not confirm or deny most everything.
Well yeah exactly you keep contradicting yourself. You assume that since you had this phone call with him that you are providing concrete evidence that all the questions u had asked to be true. The problem i have is that you are saying all the statements are to be true since you talked to dan. But like i said the information given to us publicly hasnā€™t changed since august.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Well yeah exactly you keep contradicting yourself. You assume that since you had this phone call with him that you are providing concrete evidence that all the questions u had asked to be true. The problem i have is that you are saying all the statements are to be true since you talked to dan. But like i said the information given to us publicly hasnā€™t changed since august.
Bingo, bango, bongo!

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
Fair enough. A Z enthusiast is a Z enthusiast and it is a love of cars that brings us all together. I do not think you are privy to anything significant concerning the all important details that we are all waiting on. I've asked my group dealership owner to contact the senior leadership of Nissan NA from his trip in San Diego to press for some real facts. Not hopeful there are any but we will see.
Definitely hope something good comes from that!

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Definitely hope something good comes from that!
Just saying, this thread didnā€™t start out as a bash thread.
You started it by asking us all to ask questions, we wanted answering.
Just because you didnā€™t like my question about dealer mark ups dosent make it a ā€œbash threadā€
You said ask anything and I did, because I still don't believe that dealer mark ups are necessary when most of the rest of the world are not doing it, and when it appears there are a handful of dealers not planning to charge mark ups for the Z even In the US.

Also I dont agree with continually bumping a thread, other more up to date threads that people are interested in thereby bumped down. If you find any new info search for your thread then add it ( as us Aussies do with our Aussie thread) rather than trying to flog a dead horseā€¦.because none of your inside information has changed at all

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
Just saying, this thread didnā€™t start out as a bash thread.
You started it by asking us all to ask questions, we wanted answering.
Just because you didnā€™t like my question about dealer mark ups dosent make it a ā€œbash threadā€
You said ask anything and I did, because I still don't believe that dealer mark ups are necessary when most of the rest of the world are not doing it, and when it appears there are a handful of dealers not planning to charge mark ups for the Z even In the US.

Also I dont agree with continually bumping a thread, other more up to date threads that people are interested in thereby bumped down. If you find any new info search for your thread then add it ( as us Aussies do with our Aussie thread) rather than trying to flog a dead horseā€¦.because none of your inside information has changed at all
No where did I ever say I had an issue with your question about dealer mark ups. I encourage people to continue to question heinous pricing but I understand why it exists. Hell Walmart has mark ups on PS5s.

As for bumping I have bumped my thread once. I made the bash thread because most of the unnecessary comments seem to stem from a misunderstanding, misinterpretation, or simply because I sell cars. I also wasn't ignorant to the fact that I wouldn't expect backlash from the forum due to my profession or what I posted about my talk with Dan.

It almost creates a lose lose situation with this thread. After our discussion I couldn't get 90% of the answers to the over 180 questions that were submitted to me before the talk. Then almost all the answers I got were either "maybe it is maybe it isn't" or "I want conform nor deny (wink wink)". It was a fine balance between not posting at all and getting the "here's the new guy who doesn't deliver" or posting and getting "we knew most of this already and the things that are "true" you can't say with 100% certainty".

I titled the thread A Great Conversation with Dan Passe because that's exactly what it was. Then before even getting into what we spoke about the disclaimer of " Now with that being said there are also a multitude of working parts within Nissan and Dan had no issue letting me know the things he did not know or couldn't answer". Which no one wants to hear but damn it was the truth.

I've been selling cars for Nissan for 2 years next month and in 9 months I have pulled together some of the most detailed data about peoples interest in the Z (at least in the US). I am the pee on salesman with no prior experience who through sheer stubbornness managed to get in touch with some higher ups in Nissan with legitimately no help (love my bosses but they had no hope in any of what I was doing). So I genuinely apologize if I was a bit... overly dramatic about getting the chances to speak with the people I have. It has been a big deal for me to do the things I have. I'm just rambling now; I'm extremely passionate about the brand and it's products (most of them) that's all. It's been a crazy time for me that has been mostly positive. If you have read this far thank you lmao

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
No where did I ever say I had an issue with your question about dealer mark ups. I encourage people to continue to question heinous pricing but I understand why it exists. Hell Walmart has mark ups on PS5s.
FYI - Any markups on PS5s on Walmart's website are ones sold through 3rd party sellers. When Walmart itself gets PS5s in stock, they sell for MSRP. I mean, if you really wanna be associated with those kinds of price-gougers, go ahead...

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
FYI - Any markups on PS5s on Walmart's website are ones sold through 3rd party sellers. When Walmart itself gets PS5s in stock, they sell for MSRP. I mean, if you really wanna be associated with those kinds of price-gougers, go ahead...
Just merely pointing out that fact that prices on everything are out of control not just cars.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Just merely pointing out that fact that prices on everything are out of control not just cars.
You clearly stated that the thread started out as a ā€œbash threadā€ your words not mine.
One of the first line of questioning and the first to be heated, was mine about mark ups ā€¦ergo itā€™s a natural assumption that you didnā€™t like the line of questioning

Anyhow you do youā€¦.I think Iā€™ll bow out of this thread.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

As for bumping I have bumped my thread once. I made the bash thread because most of the unnecessary comments seem to stem from a misunderstanding, misinterpretation, or simply because I sell cars. I also wasn't ignorant to the fact that I wouldn't expect backlash from the forum due to my profession or what I posted about my talk with Dan.

It almost creates a lose lose situation with this thread. After our discussion I couldn't get 90% of the answers to the over 180 questions that were submitted to me before the talk. Then almost all the answers I got were either "maybe it is maybe it isn't" or "I want conform nor deny (wink wink)". It was a fine balance between not posting at all and getting the "here's the new guy who doesn't deliver" or posting and getting "we knew most of this already and the things that are "true" you can't say with 100% certainty".

I titled the thread A Great Conversation with Dan Passe because that's exactly what it was. Then before even getting into what we spoke about the disclaimer of " Now with that being said there are also a multitude of working parts within Nissan and Dan had no issue letting me know the things he did not know or couldn't answer". Which no one wants to hear but damn it was the truth.

I've been selling cars for Nissan for 2 years next month and in 9 months I have pulled together some of the most detailed data about peoples interest in the Z (at least in the US). I am the pee on salesman with no prior experience who through sheer stubbornness managed to get in touch with some higher ups in Nissan with legitimately no help (love my bosses but they had no hope in any of what I was doing). So I genuinely apologize if I was a bit... overly dramatic about getting the chances to speak with the people I have. It has been a big deal for me to do the things I have. I'm just rambling now; I'm extremely passionate about the brand and it's products (most of them) that's all. It's been a crazy time for me that has been mostly positive. If you have read this far thank you lmao
Okay here are some real updates about real things for a change:

I just heard from my Group Dealership owner. He sits on the Canadian National Nissan Advisory board and has been invited down to Phoenix for the week of May 4th to personally test drive and road review the new Z. During this week with senior NA Nissan leadership he will be provided with factual details about the launch for Canada. He will be texting me and updating me in real time to share impressions on the Z as well as official correspondence on details for those of us who were part of the early dealer allocations order launch that occurred before the National Online Nissan pre-reservation launch.

This kind of update is what I call real business intelligence. And it shows up the fact how important it is to align yourself with an influential, high-performing dealer in order to provision accurate information, but also to secure the car you want with a dealer who has clout.

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
Same here. And because I refuse to pay over MSRP, it pretty much guarantees I won't be getting a new Z anytime soon.

So, I put in a build-to-order request for a 2022 Miata... hopefully the ETA is still within 10 weeks.

1648668629380.png
Ughhh. Just got an update from the sales guy at Mazda dealership. Mazda had to close down their plants in Japan because of covid, so now they are extending the ETA to 120 days.

Also, on April 2nd, Mazda raised the price of the Miatas by $350 across the board. That increase applies to my order (submitted March 24th), as the price of $30,800 was not locked in. This is what I get for having waited around for Nissan to give us updates. Had I just said, "screw Nissan" and placed my Miata order sooner, I could have been much, much closer to a new sports car by now - if not already driving one!

I blame Nissan for all of this! lol šŸ™ƒ

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ughhh. Just got an update from the sales guy at Mazda dealership. Mazda had to close down their plants in Japan because of covid, so now they are extending the ETA to 120 days.

Also, on April 2nd, Mazda raised the price of the Miatas by $350 across the board. That increase applies to my order (submitted March 24th), as the price of $30,800 was not locked in. This is what I get for having waited around for Nissan to give us updates. Had I just said, "screw Nissan" and placed my Miata order sooner, I could have been much, much closer to a new sports car by now - if not already driving one!

I blame Nissan for all of this! lol šŸ™ƒ
Dude I'm sorry. Wait...actually drive a sports car? In all of this forum's back and forth of the "Great Conversations" I've been having I totally and actually forgot about "driving" a sports car...let alone a Z.