First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
Hello everyone, this is gonna be a long thread so please bear with me.

I had a great talk with Dan Passe yesterday and though he couldn't answer 80% of what I asked, it was a productive conversation. So I would like to start off by saying if you ever get the opportunity to go to any of the big Z car conventions please go. I missed Dan when I was at Zcon last year and just talking with him on the phone I have to say he is a genuine, honest, and great guy. He has a passion for the brand and for the Z that I resonated with greatly. Now with that being said there are also a multitude of working parts within Nissan and Dan had no issue letting me know the things he did not know or couldn't answer.

So for starters the timeline. He could not say exact dates as they have not been determined yet. However, the launch date is still intended to be at the latest June. Dan said regarding the timeline that said a launch in August, he and Nissan would be very disappointed if that ended up being the case. So as of NOW there don't appear to be any delays with the launch.

The nightmare of pre-orders is unfortunately true. There will be no launch pre-orders for the US market. Now with that being said Dan did express his desire to push for a pre-order system for the US as so many people have wanted it. Though it seems for whatever reason it will not be happening.
Regarding pricing of the Z Dan said that even he has not been informed about what the exact pricing will be. Now Dan did say that the estimates I have made (45-47k for a manual and 1-2k extra for auto variants) in the performance trim should be close to what will be asked based on previous trends within Nissan. Sport manual ~40k, Sport automatic ~42k, Performance manual ~45-47k, and Performance auto ~47-49k.

When it comes to the Nismo there is no information to give. The Nismo and a convertible Z are both things that aren't even remotely in the works right now. Not to say the Nismo is not coming but currently the focus is on getting the Z to market.

Now Dan would not confirm this but he would not deny it either. So the last few bits of information we have been wanting like weight, MPG, 0-60, and other specs will be coming out. I tossed the estimate of about 2 months before release and that seemed like a good time frame. So I am hoping for an April or May release on all information.

Lastly when it comes to other dealers hitting these cars for crazy markups there is nothing that can really be done. Legally the manufacturer with the US department of Transportation sets the MSRP (manufacturer suggested retail price) and from there the dealer decides what they will sell it for. There have been articles written about Ford and GM trying to "crack down" on these dealers but legally they can't do this without the dealer falling short on their contract agreements with the manufacturer.

Dan also asked that I let all of you know that he knows everyone's concerns. He is on several forums, facebook groups, car groups, working with Z car clubs, performance shops and more. Like myself, Dan gets to read all of the questions, comments and concerns we all have and in his words "I hold nothing back, I do not get any delight in making people wait for information. The moment I am allowed to speak publicly on topics I get it to you all immediately." (this is not a direct quote but close enough lol).

So to summarize:

1. Should see specs in April/May, with a release date in June
2. Pricing isn't set yet but estimates should fall Sport manual ~40k, Sport automatic ~42k, Performance manual ~45-47k, and Performance auto ~47-49k
3. There are a multitude of legal acrobatics that prevent a manufacturer from dictating what any dealership charges for a vehicle in the US.

Longhorn2020

First Name
Jase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z
Occupation
Computer engineering
Not offering a Nismo version when they just made the new GT racecar based on the new Z would be a huge mistake, as myself and others would only buy the Nismo version or move onto something else.

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
great! we're still stuck on the same information given since august ?
Not completely true.

The Z should launch in June not August

Price should range from 40-50k depending on options and trim. This makes me feel good as the pricing is on point.

All specs should be released soon. Hoping April at the latest May.

Manufacturers can't really do anything about dealer mark ups. I knew this but that's the way it is.

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
Not offering a Nismo version when they just made the new GT racecar based on the new Z would be a huge mistake, as myself and others would only buy the Nismo version or move onto something else.
As my post states I can't imagine Nissan would not make a Nismo version for the Z. However the focus is just simply on getting the car to market for now. 2024 is the estimate I would make for a Nismo

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Not completely true.

Price should range from 40-50k depending on options and trim. This makes me feel good as the pricing is on point.

Manufacturers can't really do anything about dealer mark ups. I knew this but that's the way it is.
launch date unconfirmed yet still up in the air "spring"
price range given to us is still speculation 40k base as per stated since august
still have yet to see full spec sheet since august
sport grade hasnt been shown to us
automatic trans the 9 speed is also up in the air as to who is manufacturing it (also speculation on jatco)
pretty sure all this was covered since august lol. sucks that we have to wait this long for just information but it is what it is

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
Not completely true.

Can you help us understand a reasonable definition of what Dan (and you) mean by the term "Launch"? I love the idea...but I'd like to be launching my new Zed by dumping the clutch.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
launch date unconfirmed yet still up in the air "spring"
price range given to us is still speculation 40k base as per stated since august
still have yet to see full spec sheet since august
sport grade hasnt been shown to us
automatic trans the 9 speed is also up in the air as to who is manufacturing it (also speculation on jatco)
pretty sure all this was covered since august lol. sucks that we have to wait this long for just information but it is what it is
Did you not see the Canadian spec sheet? It lists just about everything. Let's all be glad they didn't dispatch our Zed cars on a sea can that caught on fire (caused by EV lithium batteries arching no less) and sank to the bottom of the ocean...

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Did you not see the Canadian spec sheet? It lists just about everything. Let's all be glad they didn't dispatch our Zed cars on a sea can that caught on fire (caused by EV lithium batteries arching no less) and sank to the bottom of the ocean...
its the same spec sheet given to us in august lol we are missing weight distribution, fuel economy 0-60 times

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
There will most likely be a Nismo version. When is the main question. I'm betting 2023 or 2024 at the latest hopefully. Any later than that I think those waiting for it will pick up something else. Best to get it out while the hype is up, myself included.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
its the same spec sheet given to us in august lol we are missing weight distribution, fuel economy 0-60 times
Based on a Z34.5 chassis don't we already know the overall architecture of the platform has remained the same? distribution will be about the same and we know the weight (Canadian spec sheet) and it'll be faster than the 370z. Unless of course y'all didn't own a 370Z.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Now Dan did say that the estimates I have made (45-47k for a manual and 1-2k extra for auto variants) in the performance trim should be close to what will be asked based on previous trends within Nissan.
For we Canadians this is the one piece of his thinking that is of most interest, because if Nissan does follow previous trends when it sets Canadian pricing it will be eating about half of the currency conversion vis-a-vis the US (I and others have laid this out elsewhere here). This should bring the performance trim into the $52-54k CAD range.

Stella

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 sti, 21 mach 1, 22 supra
Either give us real info or stop reposting year old info and saying Soon™. People are getting super turned off nissan, treating your customer base like they are children with posts like this doesn't help. Tl;dr:
Screenshot_20220309-154045_Chrome.jpg