LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
Dude I'm sorry. Wait...actually drive a sports car? In all of this forum's back and forth of the "Great Conversations" I've been having I totally and actually forgot about "driving" a sports car...let alone a Z.
I know, right? The idea seems like such an ethereal concept right now...

EdibleSociableCoati-size_restricted.gif

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster

Exactly. Who said anything about actually driving any of these cars. That's not what we are on here for apparently.
Nobody said anything about driving these cars. Keep it to "Great Conversations" only please. Speculate. Don't think you are getting behind the wheel of one of these.

Last edited:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

I know when I enquired about a MX5 in Aus they told me the wait was three to four months ….that’s why I continue to wait and see what happens with the Z because delivery would have been the same month if the Z delivers in July ( doubtful at this stage)

• Sad
Reactions: FBD

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Ughhh. Just got an update from the sales guy at Mazda dealership. Mazda had to close down their plants in Japan because of covid, so now they are extending the ETA to 120 days.

Also, on April 2nd, Mazda raised the price of the Miatas by $350 across the board. That increase applies to my order (submitted March 24th), as the price of $30,800 was not locked in. This is what I get for having waited around for Nissan to give us updates. Had I just said, "screw Nissan" and placed my Miata order sooner, I could have been much, much closer to a new sports car by now - if not already driving one!

I blame Nissan for all of this! lol 🙃
Haha I have a feeling I'm going to be saying the same thing. I'm on the verge of getting the GR86.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Just heard back from my group dealership owner. He confirmed 31 orders of the Z at his dealer. He said his backroom chatter says only the first 11 will likely get their cars. Not sure when. I'm #3 in line. When is anybody's guess.
And which group is this ? And why wouldn’t people who pre-ordered during the time frame wouldnt be allocated? If thats the case of a list in line then there is probably going to be tons of angry customers.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
There was in fact a group before the group that registered with nissan.ca for the preregistration group that began Feb 3rd (I believe it was). I was negotiating back in October of 2021 and was on advanced group of previous Z customers and there was about a 2 hour window on Jan 26th before the reservation campaign. And these were for confirmed orders, not reservations. There are bound to be angry customers but there has to be some perks to buying my 4th Z. I believe everyone in Canada is getting their car as that's why Nissan shut down the reservations. There will be an initial delivery and then the rest of the cars. Or who knows maybe a huge sea can will arrive. Who knows when is anybody's guess. If being on the advanced list means not getting a car until November then it didn't mean much did it?
So are you saying some other people that put in preorders during the end of January at dealerships then at February during online preorders are unconfirmed?

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
So are you saying some other people that put in preorders during the end of January at dealerships then at February during online preorders are unconfirmed?
No that's not what I am saying. There was an advanced access at dealers who had real allocations for the first delivery run. It was supposed to stay open for a week. It closed in two hours. Then the February registration campaign opened on the Friday February 4th (just checked) it was supposed to stay open for all of February. It closed that morning (check the threads on here). It is a positive thing that it closed because the confirmed reservations are real and everyone will get their car. The advance dealer group was based on real allocations that a high performing dealer would have been awarded. The reservations will be the next delivery group to be fulfilled. Hell, there probably will be a mix of both coming over on the sea can.