DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
https://www.ccarprice.com/jp/nissan-car-prices-in-Japan-5

It'll probably be close to around $60k according to the prices here on this website. And that's MSRP so I can see Proto Specs easily being $70-80k after greedy US dealer markups.

They have been saying that, but again that's for the base model. In reality if the special edition Z Proto Spec is actually ~$60k I'm guessing close to $50k for Performance trim.
So I used your link to compare Canadian with Japanese Nissan pricing and based on that you get a Canadian proto price of about $ 74,000 - there is no way it's going to be that expensive here. I'd guess certainly no more than a 6 cyl Supra, at about $67,000 at most.

In Canada we don't have to deal with ADMs, but even so Nissan won't be able to get the full exchange rate premium vs. US pricing here, to be competitive the Performance can't be more than about 53-54k CAD. That is still more than the cost of the last 370 Nismo.

Last edited:

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
In Canada we don't have to deal with ADMs, but even so Nissan won't be able to get the full exchange rate premium vs. US pricing here, to be competitive the Performance can't be more than about 53-54k CAD. That is still more than the cost of the last 370 Nismo.
Yup one of the benefits in canada. Hope pre orders are coming soon also

MitchyB

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Yup one of the benefits in canada. Hope pre orders are coming soon also
I talked to my dealer yesterday, he said their GM was told by nissan that specs should be released in the next few weeks, if I had to guess it may be close to the Z making an appearance at the nissan display in Toronto on Feb 3. But who knows maybe a few weeks actually means 6...

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
Nissan should just let their dealers mark up the Protos so they sit and rot on showroom floors and lock down the rest of the Z's by saying markups are a bad customer experience, and that it has a negative impact to the image of the Nissan brand and any mark ups or ridiculous dealer add ons will result in allocations be cut/revoked.

If Nissan does actually care about the enthusiasts, this is what they should do. Would be nice for Dan Passe or whoever to relay this to corporate.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Nissan should just let their dealers mark up the Protos so they sit and rot on showroom floors and lock down the rest of the Z's by saying markups are a bad customer experience, and that it has a negative impact to the image of the Nissan brand and any mark ups or ridiculous dealer add ons will result in allocations be cut/revoked.

If Nissan does actually care about the enthusiasts, this is what they should do. Would be nice for Dan Passe or whoever to relay this to corporate.
For every Z customer a dealer screws over, Nissan should hold back 50 Rogues.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
I think this is the first non-Proto spec Performance trim Z we've seen with yellow? I actually like the yellow with the gun metal wheels instead of the bronze. The red calipers look pretty good with it too and normally I don't really like yellow cars with red calipers.

Last edited:

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I think this is the first non-Proto spec Performance trim Z we've seen with yellow? I actually like the yellow with the gun metal wheels instead of the bronze. The red calipers look pretty good with it too and normally I don't really like yellow cars with red calipers.
Agreed! The more I see the “Fairlady Z” on the spoiler, too, the more tempted I am to replicate it myself. It cleans up the taillight section so much.