First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RX, Toyota Tacoma Long Travel, Sportsmobile
Occupation
RETIRED
I think most people Hate whatever Government they're under. It seems only the people on the receiving end like it, and want it to do more for them. Think of the Oligarchs. Never enough.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
When itā€™s election time (itā€™s here down under atm), I wonder what kind of sadistic pr**k we are to actively choose these parties to F us in the A time and time over again while they only care about marginal seats, lobbyists and making under the table deal to keep the prime ministership from backstabbers.
Nah they donā€™t care about marginal seatsā€¦.they only care about themselves which makes them pretend to care about marginal seats

Z hope

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
When itā€™s election time (itā€™s here down under atm), I wonder what kind of sadistic pr**k we are to actively choose these parties to F us in the A time and time over again while they only care about marginal seats, lobbyists and making under the table deal to keep the prime ministership from backstabbers.
Itā€™s really sick. The government is slowly? Taking away what little rights we have and we canā€™t even talk about it or we get banned from whatever form of Communication we are trying to us. Good luck to you . I canā€™t say what I want to because of the obvious thing that will happen.

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Do you think it will be possible to sell a position in the queue? I don't intend to make a fast buck but if someone else wants a proto spec and does not want to wait for 2 years we bay be able to come to an agreement.
Just take it and flip it if you get an allocation. The performance makes sense as a driver, however Proto only makes sense as an investment piece or low mileage driver. I am hearing roughly 400 cars in total, not sure of mix. However that's roughly 2 per dealer, although allocations won't be linear. It'll probably be one each, which they'll probably demo and resell later for RRP+, then some dealers will get a few they actually sell. There were over 1000 orders, so some will drop out now that they know the price with LCT is circa $80k, however looks like supply is going to be tight...

OP
OP
jezzza

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
However that's roughly 2 per dealer, although allocations won't be linear. It'll probably be one each, which they'll probably demo and resell later for RRP+, then some dealers will get a few they actually sell.
My dealer said that they've been told that there wont be demo Zs delivered this year. All delivered vehicle will be built to the specified allocations. No doubt a few media cars may float around, who knows.

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
Just posted a new thread, but in case any Aussies miss it... I got the call from my dealer today!
They are expecting protos soon (next couple of weeks), and the performance will follow.

Allocations are VERY tight, and not everyone who put a deposit down will get one. There were 20 deposits taken at my dealership (in Brisbane) for Proto's, and Nissan are only allocating 4.
One of them is coming my way! :D

They indicated that I should take delivery of it in July.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Just posted a new thread, but in case any Aussies miss it... I got the call from my dealer today!
They are expecting protos soon (next couple of weeks), and the performance will follow.

Allocations are VERY tight, and not everyone who put a deposit down will get one. There were 20 deposits taken at my dealership (in Brisbane) for Proto's, and Nissan are only allocating 4.

Thatā€™s great, but how long till coupes hit ā€¦.Iā€™m getting pretty annoyed to be honest

Also your dealer had 20 orders but only 4 deliveries, I hope thatā€™s due to the order people signed up and not to even out distributions

When did you order?

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z

Congrats! Reckon I've got no hope of a proto given I only ordered in Feb.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z

Congrats, my dealer (Brisbane) said they had 5 orders and are only getting 1
They said 7 total for QLD

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
Noā€¦.we have 10% goods and services tax on everything in Australiaā€¦.but it doesnā€™t get added afterwards like yours in the us, itā€™s inbuilt in your price so you always know straight up the price without working it out.
Then on top of that we have a luxury car tax which is an extra 33% on every dollar above 69157k BEFORE GST is added.
We believe itā€™s around 1.5-2k on this carā€¦to work out properly you have to work everything else back.
so say itā€™s. 15300 that means the car including GST is 72k then you take ten percent off that for your price without tax
my onroad costs which is dealer delivery( same for every dealer) car registration for a year and Stamp duty in my state is another 2.5-4K on top of the 73300 depending on what state you live in.
My state has the highest stamp duty so our price is the most.
THEN if you choose any colour other than Rosewood you have to pay more for paint
Just to update this, here is the most recent version of the contract with the breakdown from my dealer.
PLEASE NOTE: I was told they still don't have the new contract docs from Nissan, so it's basically an order for a 370z with a note at bottom to say it's for a 400z :D

LCT is AUD$2860

1656996887866.png

1656996943668.png

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
Thatā€™s great, but how long till coupes hit ā€¦.Iā€™m getting pretty annoyed to be honest

Also your dealer had 20 orders but only 4 deliveries, I hope thatā€™s due to the order people signed up and not to even out distributions

When did you order?
I believe it's more or less based on position in the queue, but i have heard it's being controlled somewhat by Nissan themselves (ie, rather than the dealers). The allocations are ONLY going to single contract buyers. Anyone who has ordered multiple cars, or placed orders with multiple dealerships will be bumped.(Don't quote me on that...)

FWIW I placed my order in September last year. I was told I was the second person to order a proto (not sure how, since I was in the dealership at like 9.15am on the day they started taking orders lol - may have been a Nissan staff member?)

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I believe it's more or less based on position in the queue, but i have heard it's being controlled somewhat by Nissan themselves (ie, rather than the dealers). The allocations are ONLY going to single contract buyers. Anyone who has ordered multiple cars, or placed orders with multiple dealerships will be bumped.(Don't quote me on that...)

FWIW I placed my order in September last year. I was told I was the second person to order a proto (not sure how, since I was in the dealership at like 9.15am on the day they started taking orders lol - may have been a Nissan staff member?)
As I stated, had my order in since April 2021, but am ordering a coupe.
I too have a new contract will all pricing outlined as yours is in the picture
Iā€™ve only put down one deposit ā€¦one order
I donā€™t think you would be second to order a Proto in September last yearā€¦heck I think we have more than two just in this forum that ordered before that, dealers have been taking orders long before they officially opened.