First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 VW GTI 2d
Occupation
Database Programmer
What this all really boils down to is that I need to get into the paint and fabric dye business, if they can jack the price on the proto's that much for basically yellow thread and paint for the body & calipers, and bronze paint for the rims.

dangero

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C63 AMG, Lotus 7
Occupation
CIO
I ordered a proto spec back in August last year and have been waiting for pricing and details to be released.

at $87,862 on road for the proto spec you would have to consider the following new cars as options although completely different cars.

Tesla model 3 dual motor $79500 on road 0-100 4.4. seconds
Mercedes A35 AMG $87635 on road 0-100 4.6 seconds
Supra at $96,474
Catherham Seven 355 $86,287

I had already ordered a model 3 to be used as a daily driver and have calculated fuel savings of $400 per month alone.

Rather than spend circa 90k on a Z I would honestly rather buy a pure driving machine and drive the tesla mon to friday.

I was expecting we were looking at a 70k possible 75k car and honestly I just cant see the build quality, technology and brand justifying the price. I expect I am in the minority and they will sell like hotcakes but I am out.

Do you think it will be possible to sell a position in the queue? I don't intend to make a fast buck but if someone else wants a proto spec and does not want to wait for 2 years we bay be able to come to an agreement.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I ordered a proto spec back in August last year and have been waiting for pricing and details to be released.

at $87,862 on road for the proto spec you would have to consider the following new cars as options although completely different cars.

Tesla model 3 dual motor $79500 on road 0-100 4.4. seconds
Mercedes A35 AMG $87635 on road 0-100 4.6 seconds
Supra at $96,474
Catherham Seven 355 $86,287

I had already ordered a model 3 to be used as a daily driver and have calculated fuel savings of $400 per month alone.

Rather than spend circa 90k on a Z I would honestly rather buy a pure driving machine and drive the tesla mon to friday.

I was expecting we were looking at a 70k possible 75k car and honestly I just cant see the build quality, technology and brand justifying the price. I expect I am in the minority and they will sell like hotcakes but I am out.

Do you think it will be possible to sell a position in the queue? I don't intend to make a fast buck but if someone else wants a proto spec and does not want to wait for 2 years we bay be able to come to an agreement.
Nope, cause it’s your name on the contract. The Proto will gon back into the pool…there is a waiting list

ZedNotZee

So if I understand the Australian pricing corrrect, the performance is about $66,650AUD plus some sort of 10% luxury tax resulting in a price of $73,300. Then the “out the door” price is $80,092AUD or slightly more depending on which state you live in? Is this correct?

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
so one of the most affordable new sportscars, from Nissan!, is consideded luxury and taxed 10%😅 whats not luxury then, a bicycle or something

ZedNotZee

so one of the most affordable new sportscars, from Nissan!, is consideded luxury and taxed 10%😅 whats not luxury then, a bicycle or something
Hmmm, a 2-seater car with very little luggage capacity that doesn't get great gas mileage and costs maybe $55000-$70,000(??)CAD. A lot of folks I know would call that a "luxury". Truly a First World problem. "Affordability" in terms of sports cars yes, but that's not the point.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So if I understand the Australian pricing corrrect, the performance is about $66,650AUD plus some sort of 10% luxury tax resulting in a price of $73,300. Then the “out the door” price is $80,092AUD or slightly more depending on which state you live in? Is this correct?
No….we have 10% goods and services tax on everything in Australia….but it doesn’t get added afterwards like yours in the us, it’s inbuilt in your price so you always know straight up the price without working it out.
Then on top of that we have a luxury car tax which is an extra 33% on every dollar above 69157k BEFORE GST is added.
We believe it’s around 1.5-2k on this car…to work out properly you have to work everything else back.
so say it’s. 15300 that means the car including GST is 72k then you take ten percent off that for your price without tax
my onroad costs which is dealer delivery( same for every dealer) car registration for a year and Stamp duty in my state is another 2.5-4K on top of the 73300 depending on what state you live in.
My state has the highest stamp duty so our price is the most.
THEN if you choose any colour other than Rosewood you have to pay more for paint

Daddo

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RX, Toyota Tacoma Long Travel, Sportsmobile
Occupation
RETIRED
No wonder you don't have ADM . The Government does it for the Dealer. I'd rather have ADM at this point at least I maybe able to negotiate.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
No wonder you don't have ADM . The Government does it for the Dealer. I'd rather have ADM at this point at least I maybe able to negotiate.
Yep…and No
Dealer doesn’t get any of it apart from delivery but that’s negligible and a cross the board….its the government that takes our money …

Daddo

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RX, Toyota Tacoma Long Travel, Sportsmobile
Occupation
RETIRED
Its money either way..You should protest to the Government the way it is suggested we protest the dealer.

OP
OP
jezzza

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Its money either way..You should protest to the Government the way it is suggested we protest the dealer.
Do people protest to the dealer? From here it looks like people pay ADM hence why dealer's happily charge it.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
People hate the government here, there is no loyalty to them or country, not like you guys in the US.
Dont worry we are quite aware that we get ripped off and it doesn’t matter which governments elected it’s the same outcome.