Are a lot of you still waiting for your Z?

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
I had preordered mine in Jan 2021, put $1k deposit down not yet knowing the price. When the official pricing was announced I think around March the dealer contacted me to sign an invoice that included MSRP Destination taxes etc., car arrived in mid January 2023 there were no additional costs added. I don't know if this applies for Ontario only but dealers are not allowed to force buyers to purchase dealer installed options, warranty's etc., and can not sell above Nissan's MSRP advertised price.

I have heard of dealers not Nissan specifically buying back cars right after delivery from clients and reselling as used with huge markup.
See this right here contradicts a lot.
I thought the January arrivals were demo’s and not preorders ? So they sold you a demo as your pre-order? Or did you receive a vin and confirmation from Nissan that it was being sent? Sounds like you had a dealer that respected its customer and fulfilled a pre-order with their “demo” but who knows the truth with this roll out…. Sounds like you made the 1%

pectab

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Audi A4
See this right here contradicts a lot.
I thought the January arrivals were demo’s and not preorders ? So they sold you a demo as your pre-order? Or did you receive a vin and confirmation from Nissan that it was being sent? Sounds like you had a dealer that respected its customer and fulfilled a pre-order with their “demo” but who knows the truth with this roll out…. Sounds like you made the 1%
Yup, the dealer was surprised when the car came in, someone on this site mentioned that it may have been their demo allocation but they had no idea. I was #1 on their order list and I had ordered the red they assumed it was mine. Anyway I was happy to get it, I think they were happy to make a sale.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
My local Nissan dealer is finally getting their first new Z in. Performance trim, 9AT in Rosewood Metallic with graphite interior. Called and ask how much out of curiosity, they said they're looking at putting a $10k mark up on it and if you're a serious buyer you HAVE to put a $1k NON-refundable deposit down. Also said that if you live locally/in state they're willing to "negotiate" on the price.

No thanks for me but if any of you are desperate. Link below if anyone is interested. Located in PA.

https://www.nissanofwernersville.com/new/Nissan/2023-Nissan-Z-b3b528030a0e0a947a6116cac0b428c5.htm

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
its not the markup on the price itself. its the packages they are adding along with looking for finance options. financing the car in Canada with Nissan will net them another $20k in "profit". that along with "locking lug nuts" "tint" "winter prep package" "coating package" "nitrogen air" and any other over priced packages they want to add to justify the price.... Id put money on 99% of orders having some kind of added "package" to bring the price up.
Not true. I got mine with just an oil package. 2 oil changes a year for the term to the lease at $649. Well worth it. That’s the only thing they added and asked if I can remove it if I want and they said ya. But I kept it

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Not true. I got mine with just an oil package. 2 oil changes a year for the term to the lease at $649. Well worth it. That’s the only thing they added and asked if I can remove it if I want and they said ya. But I kept it
So, how much is a local synthetic oil change? Depending on your driving, you may not need two every year.

If you don't and each is $70, and your lease is, say, 36 mo then you'd only be paying $210.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So, how much is a local synthetic oil change? Depending on your driving, you may not need two every year.

If you don't and each is $70, and your lease is, say, 36 mo then you'd only be paying $210.
well, I’m on a 5 year lease. 2x a year at a bit over $100 (CDN) for full synthetic.

JonnyG

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 M6 HellCat - 2023 Z on Order M6 Blue/Blue Gut
2 Years almost to the day until I could "offically" enter order which was accepted by Nissan on 1-23-23 - attached is the accepted order if interested.

One interesting thing - unlike (3) other 1st year models I waited for my dealer says they might assign a vin so we can track or it might just show up - they're not sure.

Attachments

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M3 convertible 2006
Occupation
Physician
I am so fed up. Been waiting over a year now. The few Z’s that are avaliable have 10-15k markup. Anyone else in a similar situation?
The pricing on the car in the premium model is ridiculously out of line. Over 54,000 for a Z? Nissan must be insane to price this average sport car in that range. I paid 31,000 for the 350 Z. And now they just jacked up the price by 1000!!! To quote Crazy Eddie “The prices are insane”👹

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
The pricing on the car in the premium model is ridiculously out of line. Over 54,000 for a Z? Nissan must be insane to price this average sport car in that range. I paid 31,000 for the 350 Z. And now they just jacked up the price by 1000!!! To quote Crazy Eddie “The prices are insane”👹
The average price for a new car in U.S.A is 50,000 so really isn't that bad if comparing to average price.Everything is expensive today get used to it, prices are not coming down anytime soon.

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
Days of 'cheap and fast' sports cars are becoming a thing of the past. It seems like EVERY vehicle I want or would be willing to replace my 370z with is min $50k after taxes and fees - but if you include ADM (Honda CTR for instance) - it will still be closer to $55k min - sooo...yeah, the silver lining is that this is making me want to keep my car longer than I would normally do so bc the prices are crazy period - but I don't see things returning back to 2019 levels anytime soon.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Days of 'cheap and fast' sports cars are becoming a thing of the past. It seems like EVERY vehicle I want or would be willing to replace my 370z with is min $50k after taxes and fees - but if you include ADM (Honda CTR for instance) - it will still be closer to $55k min - sooo...yeah, the silver lining is that this is making me want to keep my car longer than I would normally do so bc the prices are crazy period - but I don't see things returning back to 2019 levels anytime soon.
It's not about cheap. Cheap gets you crappy quality and poor performance these days. It's about what you're getting for the price. You can find Supras 3.0 Premium, Camaro 2SS, or the new and upcoming Mustang GT that offer better performance, technology, AND overall quality at the same cost or even less if lightly used.

And I know folks are going to rebuttal that with, "Well if you don't like it, don't get the new Z. Get one of those other cars." And that's exactly the problem; as a current 370Z owner, I should be MORE interested in the new Z than other cars in the segment, but I'm NOT simply because the competition is better. Nissan has already lost and continues to lose customers because the cars they put out just fall behind the competition in nearly every way.

Last edited:

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
One solution to counter high prices is to revisit those cars that you couldn't have afforded ten, fifteen, twenty years ago, find the best value unit, and then march it right down to a nameplate specific Independent garage for a mechanical restoration and a cut and buff at a good body shop

You'll have something you'll hardly see and save a few thousand dollars.

BMW i8, $124k when new, $42k today.
Screenshot_20230328_192411_eBay.jpg

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's not about cheap. Cheap gets you crappy quality and poor performance these days. It's about what you're getting for the price. You can find Supras 3.0 Premium, Camaro 2SS, or the new and upcoming Mustang GT that offer better performance, technology, AND overall quality at the same cost or even less if lightly used.

And I know folks are going to rebuttal that with, "Well if you don't like it, don't get the new Z. Get one of those other cars." And that's exactly the problem; as a current 370Z owner, I should be MORE interested in the new Z than other cars in the segment, but I'm NOT simply because the competition is better. Nissan has already lost and continues to lose customers because the cars they put out just fall behind the competition in nearly every way.
it’s not about the competition but experiences. Car has lots of history and I sound like a broken record. These cars never stay stock anyway. When did Nissan Z in the past compete with higher end cars? They haven’t. It’s about making it your own and having fun.

Last edited:

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
One solution to counter high prices is to revisit those cars that you couldn't have afforded ten, fifteen, twenty years ago, find the best value unit, and then march it right down to a nameplate specific Independent garage for a mechanical restoration and a cut and buff at a good body shop

You'll have something you'll hardly see and save a few thousand dollars.

BMW i8, $124k when new, $42k today.
Screenshot_20230328_192411_eBay.jpg
Every mechanic I know says "If you can't afford a new German car, there's no way you can afford a used German car."

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
it’s not about the competition but experiences. Car has lots of history and I sound like a broken record. These cars never stay stock anyway. When did Nissan Z in the pats compete with higher end cars? They haven’t. It’s about making it your own and having fun.
But if you need to mod it, it's making the Z value worst as one needs to spend even more money on it. It only works if the car is already at a decent price to begin with, like the BRZ/86.

The base Z in is CA~$16k more than the base 370 Z. The Z Perf is CA~$24k more than the 370Z Sport.