Are a lot of you still waiting for your Z?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I gave my deposit check to the local dealer in the summer of 2021 which put me #1 on their list With a promise of a msrp price, no adm. Then just waited like all of you for my blue, performance, manual. Two ownership changes for the dealership in all this time. Then I saw their car show up in the inventory with a 16 March arrival date - sport, automatic, black Diamond.šŸ˜­ I started to panic thinking I would never get one.

I searched nationwide inventory and called dealers narrowing my choices to four cars - all about the same price, $5000 ADM. finally chose the red one. I fly to Mississippi in two weeks to pick it up and drive it 700 miles home.

itā€™s my retirement gift to myself, so I splurged. Iā€™m 73 so I didnā€™t want to wait another year. By the way, the local dealer never did find my deposit check and are charging $5000 adm for their sport model.
Ummmā€¦..didnā€™t you get a receipt for that deposit?
Iā€™d be demanding I get it back in some way. Either off the car, or returned to my bank account.
What sort of Mickey Mouse business are they running if they canā€™t even keep their finaces in order šŸ˜”

mac49

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Telluride, 23 Z
Iā€™d be demanding I get it back in some way. Either off the car, or returned to my bank account.
What sort of Mickey Mouse business are they running if they canā€™t even keep their finaces in order šŸ˜”
They never cashed the check. I was dealing with the salesman I have bought cars from for over 25 years Working for a locally owned multi nameplate dealership. I trust him. Unfortunately, all but one of the stores were bought by a large regional corporation. Only the Nissan store was bought by a different company, but he could still sell for them. They just held the check like they had in the past. Then the Nissan store was sold again. Then they went through three general sales managers. Another sign of the problems at Nissan. I have a receipt for my deposit on my ZšŸ˜Š

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
They never cashed the check. I was dealing with the salesman I have bought cars from for over 25 years Working for a locally owned multi nameplate dealership. I trust him. Unfortunately, all but one of the stores were bought by a large regional corporation. Only the Nissan store was bought by a different company, but he could still sell for them. They just held the check like they had in the past. Then the Nissan store was sold again. Then they went through three general sales managers. Another sign of the problems at Nissan. I have a receipt for my deposit on my ZšŸ˜Š
Well that makes more sense at least.
Iā€™m glad youā€™ve got one comingā€¦all be it with a small kick in the butt.
But I can understand the want factor. God knows when the Aussie ones will land
2 years waiting, to be honest Iā€™m at the end of my tolerance level

Red looks beautiful too. Enjoy

Jagman2000

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jaguar XK8 Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Well unfortunately I totally agree with many of the comments above. Back in the summer of 2020 I decided to pass on a new 2020 370Z for the new 2021 model which I had heard was going to address a couple of my reservations. Little did I realize it was going to be another 2-3 years to see one firsthand and still waiting...I could say more but won't - bottom-line my patience is about gone. I tried...

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
At this point my interest in the Z has dwindled. I still think the performance trim is overpriced for what you get. However, I do think the Sport/base model is a bargain at $40k. If I could find one at $40k MSRP I would consider it. Spend about $5k in upgrading the brakes, diff, and wheels. Call it a day.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Since might be waiting for a while for a Nismo, getting this for daily. Plenty of Superchargers my area and up down the west coast. I want the experience.

1679502040425.jpeg

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Speaking of Mickey Mouse, the House of Mouse isn't much better. If you buy tickets, and need to cancel, they won't refund your money. I also believe they won't allow a schedule change either.

Luke93

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
6spd Performance
I had a pre order on a blue perfomance for well over a year now and they couldn't give me any updates or anything. Got lucky and snagged one at another dealer close to me that a guy got declined trying to finance it. Luckily I'm in Canada so no mark ups.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
I had a pre order on a blue perfomance for well over a year now and they couldn't give me any updates or anything. Got lucky and snagged one at another dealer close to me that a guy got declined trying to finance it. Luckily I'm in Canada so no mark ups.
Being in Canada has nothing to do with mark ups,most dealers in Canada are marking up the cars from 5k to 30k.

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
Being in Canada has nothing to do with mark ups,most dealers in Canada are marking up the cars from 5k to 30k.
its not the markup on the price itself. its the packages they are adding along with looking for finance options. financing the car in Canada with Nissan will net them another $20k in "profit". that along with "locking lug nuts" "tint" "winter prep package" "coating package" "nitrogen air" and any other over priced packages they want to add to justify the price.... Id put money on 99% of orders having some kind of added "package" to bring the price up.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
its not the markup on the price itself. its the packages they are adding along with looking for finance options. financing the car in Canada with Nissan will net them another $20k in "profit". that along with "locking lug nuts" "tint" "winter prep package" "coating package" "nitrogen air" and any other over priced packages they want to add to justify the price.... Id put money on 99% of orders having some kind of added "package" to bring the price up.
These add ons will only be tacked on to on the lot cars for sale. For which the dealers do not really have it. The pre-orders need to come in first before any real floor stock. The early demos that came in around Christmas time are just that, demo models. Some dealers chose to sell their one and only allocation, most have held onto them. If you've ordered a car from them, or are waiting for a reservation. They can't add any of that stuff on without your consent. Thats in the finance room where they upsell you on packages such as those. Don't forget about the rust boxes and police etching haha.

The on the lot inventory, that you can walk in the door and purchase is a little different, they can add what ever they want to it, and say this is what's included in our price

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
These add ons will only be tacked on to on the lot cars for sale. For which the dealers do not really have it. The pre-orders need to come in first before any real floor stock. The early demos that came in around Christmas time are just that, demo models. Some dealers chose to sell their one and only allocation, most have held onto them. If you've ordered a car from them, or are waiting for a reservation. They can't add any of that stuff on without your consent. Thats in the finance room where they upsell you on packages such as those. Don't forget about the rust boxes and police etching haha.

The on the lot inventory, that you can walk in the door and purchase is a little different, they can add what ever they want to it, and say this is what's included in our price
as I agree with what you said... the issue lies with the "pre-order". the pre order doesn't mean a thing. you have absolutely nothing tying you to a vehicle, Vin's have never been assigned and prices have not been locked in... anybody that pre-orders has no clue if the car showing up is theirs or when

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z

The dealer that I have a pre order with had two Z's that came in around the same time end of Dec. they don't just get one, both demo models and were marked up considerably without packages,as long as they don't say the price is the msrp they can do this.They won't tell me what price I will pay for my pre order until the car comes in but hinted that it won't be msrp.We will see.

pectab

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Audi A4
as I agree with what you said... the issue lies with the "pre-order". the pre order doesn't mean a thing. you have absolutely nothing tying you to a vehicle, Vin's have never been assigned and prices have not been locked in... anybody that pre-orders has no clue if the car showing up is theirs or when
I had preordered mine in Jan 2021, put $1k deposit down not yet knowing the price. When the official pricing was announced I think around March the dealer contacted me to sign an invoice that included MSRP Destination taxes etc., car arrived in mid January 2023 there were no additional costs added. I don't know if this applies for Ontario only but dealers are not allowed to force buyers to purchase dealer installed options, warranty's etc., and can not sell above Nissan's MSRP advertised price.

I have heard of dealers not Nissan specifically buying back cars right after delivery from clients and reselling as used with huge markup.