Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
I'm All Zee Until The Bitter End . . .

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
I'm out for now. I was seriously considering a jump for a manual (without paying $70k+) but I'll just check to see whats available in a 2-3 years. Car will probably be bumped for power and hopefully tweaked to put its power down better. Price could be even higher tho I suppose.

Just ordered new summers, so I'm committed now!

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Still down, just waiting on Nismo info. It'll have to be a significant upgrade if it runs $60k though or I'm out. I have deposits down for a GR Corolla and a '23 GR86 10th which both will come first.

Waiting to see if I can stomach the exterior, but the only other new car like this that interests me at all is a 6MT G87 M2. I just said the other day that I can't imagine a scenario where I end up with another BMW yet here we are šŸ˜…. Hopefully I'm won over by the Nismo.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Still down, just waiting on Nismo info. It'll have to be a significant upgrade if it runs $60k though or I'm out. I have deposits down for a GR Corolla and a '23 GR86 10th which both will come first.

Waiting to see if I can stomach the exterior, but the only other new car like this that interests me at all is a 6MT G87 M2. I just said the other day that I can't imagine a scenario where I end up with another BMW yet here we are šŸ˜…. Hopefully I'm won over by the Nismo.
No doubt the M2 will perform better than the Z, likely even the Nismo Z. With that said, I'd recommend wearing a blind fold until you get in the driver's seat, and then try to avoid driving past reflective, mirror like surfaces, and getting traffic camera tickets šŸ˜‚

With that said, I'm all in for the Z, especially in Nismo spec, regardless of how well or how bad it performs vs. the competition.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
We should have a poll on how many folks changed their minds after official price release and straightline performance loss to Supra. I am not one of them, but I wonder how many are.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy

'23 GR86 already? Damn time flew lol. What's the info on the 10th?

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I was all in till the price came out. Now, just waiting and seeā€¦. If it actually falls around my 40th bday Iā€™ll get is ā€œas a signā€ lol.

but if itā€™s late summer Iā€™ll prob have to weigh my options

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No doubt the M2 will perform better than the Z, likely even the Nismo Z. With that said, I'd recommend wearing a blind fold until you get in the driver's seat, and then try to avoid driving past reflective, mirror like surfaces, and getting traffic camera tickets šŸ˜‚

With that said, I'm all in for the Z, especially in Nismo spec, regardless of how well or how bad it performs vs. the competition.
šŸ¤£ I'll have to wait and see what the G87 ends up looking like. The rear of the G42 is definitely weird to me and the front bumper is just plain awful. Not sold on the G87 front bumper that was leaked a while ago either but I at least want to see how it all comes together. And yeah, I'd expect it to outperform a Nismo Z as well but that's not the most important thing to me. I just want the Nismo Z to feel like a special enough car and that they tried to go all-out on it.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GR86 already? Damn time flew lol. What's the info on the 10th?
Not much info on the GR86 10th that I know of other than it showed up on the MY23 VIN submission to the NHTSA. The day I saw it I texted the dealer where I have the deposit for the Corolla and they let me put another $250 down. We may not even want it depending on the color but I figured it doesn't hurt to get in line just in case.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
..I'm waiting for update on a Nismo version...hopefully by EOY we'll have something, if not then most likely look for a Z Perf and trade up when Nismo is out. Only other option would be to see if I can score a GT4. Nothing else really tickles the fancy aside from 6mt F80/G80 but can't get rid of S4 and no point in having 3 sedans...

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Not much info on the GR86 10th that I know of other than it showed up on the MY23 VIN submission to the NHTSA. The day I saw it I texted the dealer where I have the deposit for the Corolla and they let me put another $250 down. We may not even want it depending on the color but I figured it doesn't hurt to get in line just in case.
It's been discovered by someone over on ft86club to be orange, that's a hard pass from me.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's been discovered by someone over on ft86club to be orange, that's a hard pass from me.
Hmm... we'll have to see how it looks. They did a LE in orange for 2017. I've been trying to convince my girl to go with a Neptune GR86 after seeing it in person but she was set on a WRB BRZ before hearing about the 10th.