Why the long delay in pricing?

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Cars not worth $50k.
Agreed. If Nissan is crazy enough to price the performance at $50k and people are batshit crazy enough to buy it for that price, so be it. I'll let them take the depreciation hit and wait a year to get a low mileage, pre-owned one for $45k.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
That's like what we're seeing in the Z32 community.

There were only 18k Twin Turbos made out of almost 89k total U.S. production from 1990-96.

MSRP pricing difference remained about $6k between N/A and the TT.

Today, the sales prices between cars in similar mileage/condition is about the same 6k.

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
Agreed. If Nissan is crazy enough to price the performance at $50k and people are batshit crazy enough to buy it for that price, so be it. I'll let them take the depreciation hit and wait a year to get a low mileage, pre-owned one for $45k.
Would not surprise me if the Performance is around $51K. A Q60 Red Sport is $59K. Same engine. Same factory. Made in Japan. Nissan just spent over $300 million renovating Tochigi. I would bet Nissan wanted to keep it under $50K but inflation is making everything skyrocket in price. Get used to the new normal.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
Would not surprise me if the Performance is around $51K. A Q60 Red Sport is $59K. Same engine. Same factory. Made in Japan. Nissan just spent over $300 million renovating Tochigi. I would bet Nissan wanted to keep it under $50K but inflation is making everything skyrocket in price. Get used to the new normal.
They can price it at that. Unfortunately they will be up against two BMWs with their newer refined chassis, suspensions, motor, build and interior material qualities in the Supra and M240i which will out value the the Z. And the Mustang. The GR86 will look like a greater value. I'm not paying $50k for Nissan fit and finish.

I doubt Nissan just wants to only sell to the same old Z owners who will buy it again, and not the Nissan owners they lost over the years or attract new buyers to the brand who may purchase multiple vehicles over the years from them.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
Not too sure about that…you would think so, but my Peugeot RCZ type R was more limited than the Z will be …only 500 world wide made.
it only commanded 5k difference 7 years later, and by then the number that had survived had almost halved ( had an issue with their motors) Difference in them was the spoiler, wheels, stiching, badging and seats …very similar
Got a photo?

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
If the Z ends up being $50k here in the states (performance model), that will change my mind completely on getting one. Thats only $2k less than I paid for my Supra.... Not such a bargain at that point.

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
They can price it at that. Unfortunately they will be up against two BMWs with their newer refined chassis, suspensions, motor, build and interior material qualities in the Supra and M240i which will out value the the Z. And the Mustang. The GR86 will look like a greater value. I'm not paying $50k for Nissan fit and finish.

I doubt Nissan just wants to only sell to the same old Z owners who will buy it again, and not the Nissan owners they lost over the years or attract new buyers to the brand who may purchase multiple vehicles over the years from them.
I simply would never buy a BMW. The Mustang will still be a tank. The GR86 is too underpowered. The Z is made in Tochigi, Japan. Nissan just spent $300+ million on that factory for more robots and improved fit and finish.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I simply would never buy a BMW.
My opinion probably doesn't mean much since it's not an M, but I'm 99% sure that I will never buy a BMW again. I've owned mine since 2015 and plan on keeping it forever or until it's damaged beyond repair, but I just can't imagine a scenario where I buy another one.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
I simply would never buy a BMW. The Mustang will still be a tank. The GR86 is too underpowered. The Z is made in Tochigi, Japan. Nissan just spent $300+ million on that factory for more robots and improved fit and finish.
lol tell me u havent been in the newer mustangs.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If the Z ends up being $50k here in the states (performance model), that will change my mind completely on getting one. Thats only $2k less than I paid for my Supra.... Not such a bargain at that point.
I think a lightly used 2020/21 Supra for $50k will be better buy than a new Z for $50k if it ends up being that price. That's coming from a current 370Z owner. UNLESS the new Z is very underrated power wise, I don't think it'll come close enough in performance to the Supra to warrant $50k. I also don't think the other features/specs are better than the Supra. Technology-wise, there isn't really anything in the Z that is better than the Supra. That's just my personal opinion.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Disagree. I personally think $50k is a fair asking price for performance spec. And I can see a Nismo reaching $65-70k. Everything has simply gotten more expensive.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Disagree. I personally think $50k is a fair asking price for performance spec. And I can see a Nismo reaching $65-70k. Everything has simply gotten more expensive.
My reasoning is that I don't think there is enough changed to warrant a price that high, regardless if everything has gotten more expensive. I paid $24k sticker for my 2014 370Z Sport Touring at 12k miles; now, I could probably sell it for upwards of $28k easily and that's with 37k miles. There is a lot of carry over from the 370Z in the new Z. Where as the new Supra is basically an entirely new car from the ground up and performs extremely well for it's price.

But like I said, UNLESS the performance of the Z is really good, not $50k worthy IMO. I do hope to be wrong to be quite honest because I would like to trade into the new Z, but I'm not too optimistic.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Personally I'm willing to pay up to $50-55k for nismo, and 50k for perf 6mt. I've had eyes on a few 6mt cars in the $55k range, but nothing really tickles my fancy as much as the Z. Supra, is very very nice, love the way it looks and performs and the aftermarket is killing it...but not wanting a half and half edm-jdm car..want something that brings back the JDM 90s TT sports car nostalgia..Gt350 is option but mustang is too big, brz and miata are too small and not grand touring enough. Left with Z essentially....which I don't mind at all.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Personally I'm willing to pay up to $50-55k for nismo, and 50k for perf 6mt. I've had eyes on a few 6mt cars in the $55k range, but nothing really tickles my fancy as much as the Z. Supra, is very very nice, love the way it looks and performs and the aftermarket is killing it...but not wanting a half and half edm-jdm car..want something that brings back the JDM 90s TT sports car nostalgia..Gt350 is option but mustang is too big, brz and miata are too small and not grand touring enough. Left with Z essentially....which I don't mind at all.
I understand this aspect as well. I know the half BMW/half Toyota kills it for a lot of people. For me, I don't really care too much about heritage. I just want good looking, solid made, good performing sports car, period. I don't care who makes it. I know the new Supra's looks tends to be 50/50 for a lot of people, but again I think they look pretty damn good. In person they look even better and definitely stand out on the road. The other thing is the manual; personally I don't drive manual, so I'd be getting the automatic either way and I hear the ZF8 in the Supra is absurdly good.

I love my 370Z, but I want my next car to be a step above it and I just don't know if the new Z will be a big enough step. But again, I hope I'm proven wrong when we see the reviews for it next month.