Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Just curious, what is the motive here?

What kind of strategy is Nissan think they are achieving? It’s time to release these details. It’s been forever! Just release it already!

Sorry just needed to vent ffs

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

What kind of strategy is Nissan think they are achieving? It’s time to release these details. It’s been forever! Just release it already!

Hear you and agree …said it before, this forum has the keenest of the keen checking in hope of news, and even here half a dozen have given up and bought elsewhere

Its disappointing, especially when we have seen cars that were revealed after the Z that have had information released, and in some cases the car itself released

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Don't get your hopes up. Apparently Nissan just delayed the Ariya in Japan, so could mean even more delays for the Z :/

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Don't get your hopes up. Apparently Nissan just delayed the Ariya in Japan, so could mean even more delays for the Z :/
I feel Nissan is way too hung up on the Airya, like an autistic person hyper focused on one thing. Nissan needs to shelve the Airya temporarily and focus on core products, just like Toyota is doing. You don't even hear about the damned Prius anymore, let alone any Toyota BEV. They're too busy slinging Tundras, RAV4s, Tacomas, 4Rs, GR86, etc to get hung up on BEV during pandemic supply chain disruptions.

I would reckon that the Airya is 3-4x more tech intensive than the Frontier and Z, and likely 2x more tech intensive than the Rogues. They need to focus on moving BUILDABLE vehicles.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
this ev tread is going to end i feel it,, for everyone to go full ev is impossible unless they find a way to make more lithium or a way to make batteries without it , there isnt enough of it in the world to have everyone go full electric for very long

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
In Aus the Qashai was supposed to come before the Z, they have delayed the Qashai and bought the Z forward a little

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
feel the same way. up here in canada i was told i would hear more news in march.... I received my conformation from nissan on my order february 2nd and since have received zero information on a vehicle i have been told i will receive early june. pricing at the very least could be communicated. I am looking to sell my 350z before the new Z arrives but really dont want to sell it now and go all summer without a toy. I have already started other car shopping and telling nissan to shove it or putting the money i have saved into my s14 silvia. i have bought three new vehciles from nissan in the last 4 years and do not have a positive experience with a single one so id be ok with walking away from the brand. love the car but the brand is another story.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
feel the same way. up here in canada i was told i would hear more news in march.... I received my conformation from nissan on my order february 2nd and since have received zero information on a vehicle i have been told i will receive early june. pricing at the very least could be communicated. I am looking to sell my 350z before the new Z arrives but really dont want to sell it now and go all summer without a toy. I have already started other car shopping and telling nissan to shove it or putting the money i have saved into my s14 silvia. i have bought three new vehciles from nissan in the last 4 years and do not have a positive experience with a single one so id be ok with walking away from the brand. love the car but the brand is another story.
Hmmm I feel your pain. My group dealer indicated Canadian pricing released in approximately mid May sometime. He heard that from Nissan Corporate. No one still has any idea of delivery but my group dealer told me June sometime as well. I've got a Porsche I need to sell (DT core and no extra parking with stalls at another 75K-100k to buy) and not sure when to pull the trigger for fear of no ride over the summer.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
Many people are disenfranchised with Nissan now. This was an opportunity to attract new buyers to the Nissan brand. The Z could be my first Nissan, and I was looking into a small/midsized truck, so a frontier looked ok. And possibly a Pathfinder for either my wife or mom.

Now I'm shopping around. If I find a M240i, GR86, in a spec I'd like (no mark up on the 86 is tough), I will likely pull the trigger on one of those. If it takes long, maybe a GR Corolla at this rate.

Jumping on this BEV trend is biting makers outside of Tesla in the rear. They don't have charging networks, and the owners learning the hardships of installing charging stations at the home, and in some cases they must totally rely on third party ports. Cost of electricity to no one's surprise jumped up, and now it's going to get hot, brownouts incoming.

JoeTX

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bike
Occupation
Broker/ Software Engineer

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
This is honestly getting pretty silly. I’m not sure why the delay in a firm price given how long ago the ‘launch’ plus other big events such as the Super Bowl promo. It’s not a national secret…just release the price so people can plan their purchase!
Let me help people "plan"

Expect to pay minimum $50k for base, $60k for Performance 6MT. Add $2500 for 9AT. Bring another $5k for the greedier dealers. All before taxes/fees

This will be the norm until 2025MY.

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
In Aus there’s a wide possible gap in pricing. Guesses on the price are pretty close to our luxury car tax threshold, so if it goes over a certain amount it’ll automatically jump quite a lot more due to this. Therefore actually knowing the price would be pretty handy given how close it is to when it’s supposed to go on sale.