Why the long delay in pricing?

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Y

Yes. Completely agree. And I am from Canada (disclaimer) but why does everyone think 50K is a lot for a car? That is basically free here where I live. The Supra is 72K. Cayman 4.0L is 115K. If you want a 4 cylinder then to me that's not a sports car. The entry level Cayman at 350HP with a 4pot you can have.
$50k is not a lot for a brand new Sports car. However, for what the "new" Z is, $50k is up there in terms of price considering there is a lot of carry over from the 370Z. $50k US would be like $63.5k CA.

It's really all going to come down to the reviews next month. They will make or break the car. 0-60 time, weight, just how much is exactly the same as the 370Z, etc. I'm sure the media will even give their personal opinions on whether or not the car will be worth the price it ends up being at. We will have to wait and see.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
If Nissan is smart they won't price it anywhere near the M240i M-lite or Supra. They will both blow the Z's doors off most likely. And BMW fit/finish/quality of materials will likely be far ahead of the old recycled parts bin bits in the Z. Look at that center console how it is the definition of cheap scratchy hard plastic. A place your arm rests a lot. The Z is on an ancient platform and has a seasoned motor. It's chassis and geometry is revised, which I'm fine with. But it has to be priced accordingly. Especially for an image car.

They said around $40k for the base model, alluded just shy. And if you compare what you get from a base model to a performance, you ain't getting $10k of stuff lol. When they're probably paying only $50 more per wheel, $100 for the brakes, $60 for the spoiler, etc. It'll probably cost them less than $2000 and they are going to charge $10k? Craziness. And that's not including baked in profitability being recycled so heavily.

Sports cars are image cars, not known to be massively profitable. The SUVs and Trucks are margin leaders. You get someone to buy a Z, they may buy a Pathfinder for their other, maybe a Titan, maybe a Rogue for their kid/mom/etc.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Sports cars are image cars, not known to be massively profitable.
Tell that to Porsche, they are reported to have the highest margins in the business outside of real exotics.

Of course these days an increasing percentage of their profits and volume are coming from their SUVs.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
A place your arm rests a lot
You arms shouldn't be on the supposed "arm rest" while you're driving anyway since both hands are meant to be on the steering wheel (except when briefly taking one off to change gear). Anyone driving while leaning over to be able to rest one arm on top of that centre cubbyhole lid is a bad, lazy driver that shouldn't be on the road ... or they've got orangutan length arms.

It's the same with the fools who complained about the Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ not having an "arm rest" there (so some silly company came up with an add-on to "fix" it). :rolleyes:

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
That Brie Larson commercial is out again, with the new Ikazuchi Z, Ariya, etc, so what does that mean, Nissan??

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Tell that to Porsche, they are reported to have the highest margins in the business outside of real exotics.

Of course these days an increasing percentage of their profits and volume are coming from their SUVs.
Yeah, the Number One Porsche vehicle?

In full calendar year 2021, Porsche increased car sales in the US by 22% to a record 70,025 vehicles deliveries. The most popular Porsche models in the USA in 2021 were again the Macan and the Cayenne SUVs. The 911 remained the top-selling Porsche sports car with sales just ahead of the all-electric Porsche Taycan that more than doubled sales in the US in 2021.

2022-Porsche-Taycan-GTS-Sedan-and-Taycan-GTS-Sport-Turismo.jpg

TheGuverment

For profit. Strictly business.
First Name
Strickland
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Subaru WRX hatchback
Honestly, I don't even know why anyone is still waiting on pricing considering these things aren't going to sell for anywhere near MSRP anyway. I don't don't believe a base model will be under 50k when these show up. We all know the games these dealers play.

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
Honestly, I don't even know why anyone is still waiting on pricing considering these things aren't going to sell for anywhere near MSRP anyway. I don't don't believe a base model will be under 50k when these show up. We all know the games these dealers play.
US is not the only country in the world lol

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
That Brie Larson commercial is out again, with the new Ikazuchi Z, Ariya, etc, so what does that mean, Nissan??
It just means that Captian Marvel is getting paid.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
You arms shouldn't be on the supposed "arm rest" while you're driving anyway since both hands are meant to be on the steering wheel (except when briefly taking one off to change gear). Anyone driving while leaving over to be able to rest one arm on top of that centre cubbyhole lid is a bad, lazy driver that shouldn't be on the road ... or they've got orangutan length arms.

It's the same with the fools who complained about the Toyiota 86 / Subaru BRZ not having an "arm rest" there (so some silly company came up with an add-on to "fix" it). :rolleyes:
what are you a drivers ed teacher

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
^ Nope. I just don't like being on the road with dangerous idiots. If they kill themselves, then that's great, but too often they kill other innocent people. :( If you can't be bothered to drive properly, then get off the road!