Why haven’t we heard anything about the Z pricing / sales yet?

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
The national reservations was February 3rd and 4th. My dealer allocation went into Nissan Corporate via the dealer on January 26th.
He didn't fill in his preorder form until the day after the reservation system opened nationally, which puts his order in serious doubt as dealer preorders had closed at that point.

OP
OP

Boulder2023z

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Yes that's the process I went through. It was for dealers who had initial allocations of the Z and this was open to select buyers before the national Nissan registration campaign.
Oh that’s really good news then, I put mine in a few days after I remember he said If a would of waited a day or two more I couldn’t of done it

OP
OP

Boulder2023z

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
He didn't fill in his preorder form until the day after the reservation system opened nationally, which puts his order in serious doubt.
I was also only like 3rd on the list

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
I am #3 on a list that has 30+ orders and deposits on it. But only the first several are getting cars. My dealer updated me that I'll have something by late June or July or August because they still do not have timelines. But they've confirmed they have at least 3 allocations and probably upwards of 10.

OP
OP

Boulder2023z

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
I am #3 on a list that has 30+ orders and deposits on it. But only the first several are getting cars. My dealer updated me that I'll have something by late June or July or August because they still do not have timelines. But they've confirmed they have at least 3 allocations and probably upwards of 10.
That’s awesome, fingers crossed it’s earlier than later, do you live somewhere with short summers?

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Still no official word on the new Z here, but a local dealer has posted what they say are the local prices (there won't be a Sport model here)...

2023 Z Performance = US$53,200 + registration, etc.​
2023 Z Proto = US$58,200 + registration, etc.​
Not sure if any of these prices include government sales tax or not - it should do since they're meant to specifically say if a price doesn't.

Also still no mention at all of the new Toyota 86 or Subaru BRZ on the official or dealer website (other than the 86 "coming soon") at slightly varying prices, but a few are showing up as unofficial imports at some dealers, so for comparison the approximate pricing is:

2022 Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ = US$43,900 + registration, etc.​
Same with the new Toyota Supra, so the approximate unofficial import pricing is:

2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 RZ = US$72,100 + registration, etc.​

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Sounds promising…,Aus seems to have hit the pause button

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
Sounds promising…,Aus seems to have hit the pause button
Actually a lot of people have claimed a lot of things. I have reputable sources, but who knows, but at least my sources are not telling me what I want to hear. Last update was that it was supposed to go into production this month for Canada. Another consideration is that Nissan is taking different tactical approaches that are country and market specific. We have ordered specifics like our colours and trim etc. and that is what is coming. None of this random allocation approach like has been suggested in the US where you don't get a choice of colour and transmission? That is just not fair. If someone said I had to take a red car I'd walk away and take another 30 or 40K and top up and buy a Porsche and be done with it. Oh right...there's no Porsches. Anywhere.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
i shared the following post in another thread, but i wanted to add it here too since it's relevant. this way we can see what we may be paying in our area...mine being central texas.

so bad news and bad news...

after talking to the new car manager today, he said there will be $2495 dealer mark-up plus the add-on. he also said he's not sure, but there may also be a market adjustment on top of that!

he said it would be a month or two before the Z shows up. normally when nissan launched a new model, they bring a car by the dealership to teach the salesman and mechanics the ins and outs of the car.

then the cars usually goes on sale about a month after that. he said so far no one has shown up from nissan yet and feels it might be about a month before that happens.

has anyone else heard similar from their local dealer?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Actually a lot of people have claimed a lot of things. I have reputable sources, but who knows, but at least my sources are not telling me what I want to hear. Last update was that it was supposed to go into production this month for Canada. Another consideration is that Nissan is taking different tactical approaches that are country and market specific. We have ordered specifics like our colours and trim etc. and that is what is coming. None of this random allocation approach like has been suggested in the US where you don't get a choice of colour and transmission? That is just not fair. If someone said I had to take a red car I'd walk away and take another 30 or 40K and top up and buy a Porsche and be done with it. Oh right...there's no Porsches. Anywhere.
Well Australians also ordered specifics ….but we have been told they are not being made to order and that they used our orders for statistics to figure out approximately what to make
As I said on the Aussie page…I hold no grudge against the dealers, I know it’s Nissan Aus telling them things that they are telling us.
For example, I was literally in the dealership when Nissan corps were telling my guy to expect delivery in July

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Still no official word on the new Z here, but a local dealer has posted what they say are the local prices (there won't be a Sport model here)...

2023 Z Performance = US$53,200 + registration, etc.​
2023 Z Proto = US$58,200 + registration, etc.​
Not sure if any of these prices include government sales tax or not - it should do since they're meant to specifically say if a price doesn't.

Also still no mention at all of the new Toyota 86 or Subaru BRZ on the official or dealer website (other than the 86 "coming soon") at slightly varying prices, but a few are showing up as unofficial imports at some dealers, so for comparison the approximate pricing is:

2022 Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ = US$43,900 + registration, etc.​
Same with the new Toyota Supra, so the approximate unofficial import pricing is:

2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 RZ = US$72,100 + registration, etc.​
What area of the world are these prices for? I recall 2022 GR86 was available for around $32k in the USA, shopping around depending on dealer.