Why haven’t we heard anything about the Z pricing / sales yet?

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
There was a yellow one which arrived weeks ago at a port which was a preproduction demo.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
This is what I spoke about on another post over a week ago. There is a red and blue Z that are press cars and they are making their way across Canada to dealerships (again probably not all). They have started in Ontario and will continue towards the West Coast. No one is allowed to drive them. But...the international auto shows have been cancelled in Canada and so none of us have been able to travel to see the cars in the flesh. We are getting closer...
Been getting closer for over a year, question is when will we be actually there

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I visit this site less and less now, nothing personal, but personal to Nissan! Totally disappointed in the lack of updates, ugh!!!!

Now the Ariya is also delayed, more bad news. Only one good, Frontier sales are up.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Well this is unexpected - on the "other" forum, there's an internet sales manager's email to someone stating that she can't take orders: "you would have to go on the Nissan web site to pre-order come June. You can pick my dealership to take delivery of the vehicle when it is done." (Reed Nissan, Orlando FL)

Wow. The only thing that lends this a bit of credibility is that this way of channeling the buy through a specific dealer is exactly the same approach used in the Canadian reservation process earlier this year.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Well this is unexpected - on the "other" forum, there's an internet sales manager's email to someone stating that she can't take orders: "you would have to go on the Nissan web site to pre-order come June. You can pick my dealership to take delivery of the vehicle when it is done." (Reed Nissan, Orlando FL)

Wow. The only thing that lends this a bit of credibility is that this way of channeling the buy through a specific dealer is exactly the same approach used in the Canadian reservation process earlier this year.
If true, that would be quite a pivot in strategy from what we've been told by corporate for the US—which, as we all know, is no semblance of preordering.

@McLovin157 has your dealer group heard anything similar to the above?

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
If true, that would be quite a pivot in strategy from what we've been told by corporate for the US—which, as we all know, is no semblance of preordering.

@McLovin157 has your dealer group heard anything similar to the above?
i think some of guys might have ran him off

OP
OP

Boulder2023z

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si

i am in Canada and filled out an actual reservation form through the dealer

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
i just saw something on one of the fb groups to that said the US was getting orders from a lady in the the dealer from orlando

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
i just saw something on one of the fb groups to that said the US was getting orders from a lady in the the dealer from orlando
I also saw the post…pretty much what @DevonK said.
Who knows what’s true, what’s not.
line thing for sure all dealers will be told the same thing and when the embargo lifts and they are allowed to talk about it…they all will

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
so went back read the email again she never says anything about the z in the email but what made me think of something similar that hapened to me was i email a couple dealers around here i got an email back about ordering but didnt say what then threw in we have a few here in stock im like what lol , i think it was just automated emails

OP
OP

Boulder2023z

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Was that for the national reservation system, or just for that individual dealer?
I’m not sure it’s called the “C&I Zreservation form” and has the Nissan and infiniti logo on the top

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60

Nissan has some program in the USA to "order" a vehicle on their website and have it processed through a nearby dealership.

This was established as a way to address the weirdness of the pandemic.

This is NOT a way for us to order something at a fixed price. The dealership you assign to process your sale can, and will, add ADM and/or add-ons at their discretion. You still must haggle in the typical way.

Also, it's no guarantee of being able to secure a vehicle in high demand and low availability. It only allows you into the typical allocation network of your dealership. Some models aren't offered in the program