Why haven’t we heard anything about the Z pricing / sales yet?

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I’m not sure it’s called the “C&I Zreservation form” and has the Nissan and infiniti logo on the top
Well you might want to check with your dealer as only the national reservation system guarantees you a car.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Are you referring to the Nissan website?
Yes. The national reservation system only operated through the website to the best of my knowledge. Never heard of dealers putting customers into it, it was targeted directly at the retail customer. There was of course the week or two where dealers could submit customer-requested pre-orders before the reservation system went live. When did you fill out the form you talk about?

OP
OP

Boulder2023z

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Yes. The national reservation system only operated through the website to the best of my knowledge. Never heard of dealers putting customers into it. There was of course the week or two where dealers could submit customer-requested pre-orders before the reservation system went live.
I submitted mine like the day after it went live so I think he snuck it in for me according to what he said. It’s a formal looking form that was printed up

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I submitted mine like the day after it went live so I think he snuck it in for me according to what he said. It’s a formal looking form that was printed up
Well if you have never had any email from Nissan Canada to date confirming your reservation I'd be very concerned.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Well if you have never had any email from Nissan Canada to date confirming your reservation I'd be very concerned.
Perhaps, perhaps not.
There was another Canadian on the forum (sorry it was a while ago so I can’t remember who) who said he also ordered before pre orders and received no email.
He got in contact with head office and they confirmed that his order was in the system and then sent him out an email a few hours later.

just Give them a call

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Perhaps, perhaps not.
There was another Canadian on the forum (sorry it was a while ago so I can’t remember who) who said he also ordered before pre orders and received no email.
He got in contact with head office and they confirmed that his order was in the system and then sent him out an email a few hours later.

just Give them a call
Possibly, but Boulder submitted this form of his the day after the national reservation system went live, different situation from the case you mention.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Possibly, but Boulder submitted this form of his the day after the national reservation system went live, different situation from the case you mention.
Hmmm, true…still a phone call should confirm what he needs to know, if it’s bad news the earlier the better to make them feel like he hasn’t been treated well and to get the order in

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Hmmm, true…still a phone call should confirm what he needs to know, if it’s bad news the earlier the better to make them feel like he hasn’t been treated well and to get the order in
If he's not in the national system because the dealer either misled him or screwed up I'd say his chances of getting into the reservations now are next to zero. His best outcome then is to get at the top of the dealer's post-reservation queue.

OP
OP

Boulder2023z

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
If he's not in the national system because the dealer either misled him or screwed up I'd say his chances of getting into the reservations now are next to zero. His best outcome then is to get at the top of the dealer's post-reservation queue.
I guess I’ll have to call head office and see, I did text my sales guy and he sent me a pic of my reservation form with a reservation number written on it and they also wrote the paint code next to where I wrote Boulder gray for my color choice

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I guess I’ll have to call head office and see, I did text my sales guy and he sent me a pic of my reservation form with a reservation number written on it and they also wrote the paint code next to where I wrote Boulder gray for my color choice
Yeah I would definitely follow up with national. Not hearing from them at all makes this whole transaction very suspect... the national reservation system works directly with the customer, no contact likely = no reservation.

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
If true, that would be quite a pivot in strategy from what we've been told by corporate for the US—which, as we all know, is no semblance of preordering.

@McLovin157 has your dealer group heard anything similar to the above?
This is my first time hearing anything like this but I also haven't been looking into HOW the launch will be handled much currently. I did however speak with the head of our auto group. We will be getting a Z at launch which is still set for June. Now if that means the cars will be in the US in June or they will be in transit I don't know. Also when it comes to production numbers they don't look good. Exact numbers weren't given but a few thousand for 2022 seems to be the realistic expectation.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
I’m not sure it’s called the “C&I Zreservation form” and has the Nissan and infiniti logo on the top
Yes that's the process I went through. It was for dealers who had initial allocations of the Z and this was open to select buyers before the national Nissan registration campaign.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
Yes. The national reservation system only operated through the website to the best of my knowledge. Never heard of dealers putting customers into it, it was targeted directly at the retail customer. There was of course the week or two where dealers could submit customer-requested pre-orders before the reservation system went live. When did you fill out the form you talk about?
The national reservations was February 3rd and 4th. My dealer allocation went into Nissan Corporate via the dealer on January 26th.