The Z will be in dealers by May 2022? / Just heard from my dealer - first allocations arriving in May

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
This is a big part of why I pulled the trigger on the Supra. I’ll have close to two years into it by the time I get a new Z. I enjoy the 370, but it’s getting quite dated. Actually, it was dated in 2014 when I bought it (but it’s been a good car).

we’ll keep both the Z and the A90 for at least a little while. She won’t drive the Z, however (manual).

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
I spoke to my Nissan dealer a couple weeks ago and they said they had no idea. Everything is hearsay right now considering there is a production/chip shortage. If I were to guess I'd say Spring 2022 at best realistically. I highly, highly doubt it'll get here before that.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
ahh man, i was hoping 2-3 months tops from aug 17th. if that timeline is true, i may have to resort to plan b...

Last edited:

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I’m totally ok in waiting.
I hope to have it for next summer anyway as I plan on driving it in summer months only.

plus , it will be somewhat near my birthday in July. So, big 40! I’m spoiling myself! YOLO

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
I’m totally ok in waiting.
I hope to have it for next summer anyway as I plan on driving it in summer months only.

plus , it will be somewhat near my birthday in July. So, big 40! I’m spoiling myself! YOLO
I'm in the same boat. I'm saving up and was planning to get the Z by Summertime as well. I know everyone's situation is different but for me this plays in perfectly. My birthday is in June btw. Lol

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Is plan B to keep driving one of your many other cars and wait it out?
plan b is to find another car...can't wait too long. i could continue to dd my x-runner until it dies and occasionally drive my rx7's, but i don't want to put too many miles on them...my commute is 2 1/2hrs.
my mkiv is a project car now. i just need another dd soon.

thinking about it, i'm actually on plan b or c lol. the orig plan to get a new dd started back in 2014 when the ft-1 concept debuted. i waited years for the new 'supra' to come out only to be totally disappointed when to my horror it turned out to be a zupr4.

the new mazda rx was being teased as well as a new mr2 as was another 86/brz. then i decided to pull the trigger on a 21 wrx or a used sti. then word of a next gen wrx made me decide to hold off and see how it was gonna turn out.

then guess what? i kept seeing more info and leaks on a '400z' and i ended up here waiting like the rest of you.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
May 2022..very disappointing. I would say instead of summer, maybe Feb 2022 - Mar 2022 would be good. it is only 2 months, but thats 2 months extra that we get for real reviews and mods to come out. Plus spring is better time for sales as you'll just see the #s increase into summer and start dipping in Aug, then a slight uptick in winter for us deal chasers.

As long as I can get one by Nov'22, I'm good.