Why haven’t we heard anything about the Z pricing / sales yet?

Boulder2023z

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
This is seriously starting to get concerning, sales are supposedly supposed to start in June which is like 6 weeks away and we know pricing or nothing..

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
actually there is no date just "spring" 🙄
Could be Southern Hemisphere Spring or Spring 2023 (maybe Nissan is the first car company to finally realise that model dates should be the year they're released, not the next year!!). ;)

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
I've really become disenfranchised with Nissan over all of this. In this down time I have been researching Nissan dealerships, service, and the brand itself, and not a lot of good showing up. You have their financing arm taking advantage of lower income people on purpose, you have their dealerships bait and switching people, not good.

If I find a M240i or a GR86 or something fun spec's the way I would order it and it's not marked up in the 86 case, I will probably run out and buy it. The M240 I didn't sit in or drive yet so I'd have to see, but the 86 was nice and could be a blast with money to spare for track days, tires, and some mods.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
I've really become disenfranchised with Nissan over all of this. In this down time I have been researching Nissan dealerships, service, and the brand itself, and not a lot of good showing up. You have their financing arm taking advantage of lower income people on purpose, you have their dealerships bait and switching people, not good.

If I find a M240i or a GR86 or something fun spec's the way I would order it and it's not marked up in the 86 case, I will probably run out and buy it. The M240 I didn't sit in or drive yet so I'd have to see, but the 86 was nice and could be a blast with money to spare for track days, tires, and some mods.
I'm in the same boat with the 86. I'm thinking about getting one with money to spare.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
I'm in the same boat with the 86. I'm thinking about getting one with money to spare.
I have to admit it is a compelling little package. And they are only 33-36k here in Canada. I'm just afraid with the smaller 2.4 4 banger I'm going to miss the torque and grunt and growl feel of the V6.

JDMYYDS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RS3
last update from the dealer was mid march that my order will land in end of May. im over western Canada.

OP
OP

Boulder2023z

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
last update from the dealer was mid march that my order will land in end of May. im over western Canada.
I’m confused, how did you get an order? I’m in western Canada too I put a deposit down and filled out a form with what trim, color etc I wanted but not sure if that means they ordered it or still waiting

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m confused, how did you get an order? I’m in western Canada too I put a deposit down and filled out a form with what trim, color etc I wanted but not sure if that means they ordered it or still waiting
I am #3 on my list in Canada and my group dealership owner has been invited down by Nissan North American leadership to Phoenix to drive the Z. He sits on the national advisory board for Nissan. He says pricing should be released in late May. Not sure how someone else is going to get a car when one of the main dudes from Canada is going down May 4th just to see the car in the flesh for the first time. But I'd be HAPPY to be wrong!!!

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
I wouldn't sweat it on pricing. With what's going on globally it's very hard to predict pricing. The articles on the Japanese pricing are the best indicators. In that they have set a local price, so add logistics, conversion rates and gross profit per unit expectations from your local Dealer network. That last one is the unknown, however guessing that's why the dealerships have been asked to validate pre-orders. As we've seen from Nissan previously, they'll start strong, but if demand drops off they'll discount. The cost of going first. :)

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport

interesting. So canada hq has a closed invitation only probably reveal of the new z’s.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

interesting. So canada hq has a closed invitation only probably reveal of the new z’s.
This is what I spoke about on another post over a week ago. There is a red and blue Z that are press cars and they are making their way across Canada to dealerships (again probably not all). They have started in Ontario and will continue towards the West Coast. No one is allowed to drive them. But...the international auto shows have been cancelled in Canada and so none of us have been able to travel to see the cars in the flesh. We are getting closer...