Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
I find it interesting that the Proto spec is only 2-3k more than the performance. For a very limited edition 240 car run, that seems a little odd. And the 10k gap between the base and performance seems a bit much

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
I find it interesting that the Proto spec is only 2-3k more than the performance. For a very limited edition 240 car run, that seems a little odd. And the 10k gap between the base and performance seems a bit much
3k makes sense because all you are getting is diff caliper color(yellow) yellow accent interior and bronze rays (same wheel as performance) not really much you can sell there for a higher pricepoint

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
This guy said Sport is 39,990 and Proto-Spec is 50k. Guessing Performance somewhere at 46-48k
awww, but if the performance comes in at 45k then the Aussies are once again the most expensive by around 2k and only get the small screen….just once we felt good about ourselves 🤣

qellman32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023-24 Nissan Z Performance (Black/Black)
Occupation
DoorDash Dasher
So wait, is it Las Vegas time zone, or specifically Pacific Time? I'm 50 mins away from 12:01am here in Michigan. Do I need to wait an extra 3 hours?

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
Thoughts about BMW 240i being a better car if performance version is 50k?

Only down side is BMW is all wheel drive and not RWD .
It is RWD bias at least so you can have a little fun. Fast, very fast car. Doesn't do too bad on tracks either. It's interior is light-years ahead of the Z, and its ride is good too due to adjustable suspension. It is a better daily and GT car.

Just like how the Supra will likely outclass the Z as a Sports Car.

The SS 1LE will probably rip the Z apart on the track, and might have a better ride due to adjustable suspension. Of, and it's not under braked and has Recaros for the money.

Unless Nissan pulls a rabbit out of their hat, I bet it will be "the last of it's kind of you want this type of car" or "looks great."

We're about 30mins away from embargos ending. Not long now.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Let's get this over with so I can go to plan b.

Alan691

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just a Jeep till this new Z comes out
Occupation
Police officer
I expected the performance model to be MAX 8K more. 10K though…. May make me change my mind to get a base instead.

triso07

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z, Evo X
Until you realize there is no synchro rev matching, bose system, leather, etc and that you can't option any of those individual items onto the car.

triso07

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z, Evo X
If they were going to go this route then only two trims is simply not enough.

Sport (base) has none of the higher end creature comforts you may want. Performance has literally every option checked off.

That means pricing wise you either get the lowest or highest price Z.

You cannot, for example, get a performance oriented Z that has the bigger brakes, lightweight wheels, synchro rev, limited slip diff, but leaves OFF the leather, bigger screen, bose, etc.

Conversely you cannot get a Z that leaves off some performance goodies but keeps the touring oriented options.

Kind of frustrating if true.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
If they were going to go this route then only two trims is simply not enough.

Sport (base) has none of the higher end creature comforts you may want. Performance has literally every option checked off.

That means pricing wise you either get the lowest or highest price Z.

You cannot, for example, get a performance oriented Z that has the bigger brakes, lightweight wheels, synchro rev, limited slip diff, but leaves OFF the leather, bigger screen, bose, etc.

Conversely you cannot get a Z that leaves off some performance goodies but keeps the touring oriented options.

Kind of frustrating if true.
Yeah, some of us have definitely been pounding this drum since the announcement of the binary trim structure. It's really foolish. I mean, look at the 2020 Z trims (and that's after they pared it down from previous years):

Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices1 (MSRP) for the 2020 Nissan 370Z Coupe and 370Z NISMO:
370Z Coupe 6MT$30,090 USD
370Z Coupe 7AT$31,490 USD
370Z Coupe Sport 6MT$33,820 USD
370Z Coupe Sport 7AT$35,070 USD
370Z Coupe Sport Touring 7AT$39,490 USD
370Z Coupe NISMO 6MT$45,790 USD
370Z Coupe NISMO 7AT$47,190 USD

Status
Not open for further replies.