First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 6, 335i
Occupation
Engineer
I just checked on 2022 1ss Camaro and with the 6sp and performance exhaust it would be 44k in my driveway. So the Z is looking ? For now . The other problem is my dealership can NOT order the the Nissan . The dealer will get what Nissan sends them and that it so…. ?
Honestly doing the same thing. Im seeing 1LE's I can cop well under 50k. The price is a nay from me, only thing giving me pause is the performance reviews. We'll see how that goes down tomorrow.

Last edited:

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
If the rumored price is true, my expectations of the new Z performance will be much higher.. closer or on par with the Supra. With the announcement of the Supra getting a manual.. the Supra will be plan B.

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
You never compare used and new car pricing, but fully loaded at $50K?

I start to look at other USED performance cars that offer more for the money...C7 vette, F80 M3, 6th Gen Camaro, etc...,
Sure, you can always do that. But you're getting sloppy seconds on GM product, LOL.

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If the rumored price is true, my expectations of the new Z performance will be much higher.. closer or on par with the Supra. With the announcement of the Supra getting a manual.. the Supra will be plan B.
Supras are excellent cars, and will be the only way to get the B58 engine with a manual as I understand it. Ultra performance is not the end all, be all with me, even though I will do some mods to the Z when I get one. I just can't abide by the Supra's looks and that most Toyota dealers don't even know how to work on it, since it is a BMW made in Austria.

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I would not go that route UNLESS you know a very good differential tech. I put a Quaife in my RB 240Z but that cost a lot properly installed. You will be closer to Performance pricing and still won't have big brakes, susp bits and tuning, interior tech etc.
I put a Wavetrac in my base 370 and it was a smooth install. But I happened to have SpecialtyZ in Chatsworth, CA do the work.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
I would not go that route UNLESS you know a very good differential tech. I put a Quaife in my RB 240Z but that cost a lot properly installed. You will be closer to Performance pricing and still won't have big brakes, susp bits and tuning, interior tech etc.
Even I hate doing diff gearing I rather just take the whole dam thing out and swap it with the perf one instead like housing and all from the dealer, than crack the thing open and swap the the rings and shit

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
Supras are excellent cars, and will be the only way to get the B58 engine with a manual as I understand it. Ultra performance is not the end all, be all with me, even though I will do some mods to the Z when I get one. I just can't abide by the Supra's looks and that most Toyota dealers don't even know how to work on it, since it is a BMW made in Austria.

I agree, for sure its not all about performance for me.. I'm not chasing numbers. But if the Z pricing starts to creep up closer to what the manual Supra will cost.. I cant justify buying the Z when the Supra will probably have better performance, paint, fit and finish, better sounding exhaust and various features(better infotainment and sound system, valve exhaust, adaptive suspension, HUD). As far as the Supra looks.. I'm okay with it.. there are other worst looking cars for me. Of course all this will be decided on final pricing and a test drive of both.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Pretty much, that's where I'm at too.

Test Drive both, back to back.....unless the Z4 magically gets a stick lol

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
in the states like i said if the z comes that close to the supra i woulda already bought one. The performance all the parts its really a no brainer. But in canada the supra is super over priced here sitting at 72k msrp not even tax/other fees in.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
in the states like i said if the z comes that close to the supra i woulda already bought one. The performance all the parts its really a no brainer. But in canada the supra is super over priced here sitting at 72k msrp not even tax/other fees in.
Maybe I doing the math wrong... Toyota.ca says 70,400 incl. The frieght and pdi

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Maybe I doing the math wrong... Toyota.ca says 70,400 incl. The frieght and pdi
D42CD7A7-5422-4A4D-9A20-B9AFA4223F4C.png

For the phantom grey spec i want. Comes out to 72k with freight actually, but still 72k is way over priced.
They just went direct conversion here in canada lol, probably why i never see a supra on the road here. Also not even tax in yet

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
Shows $68 460+ fees and taxes in Canada.. I've had dealers offer me 3.5K under MSRP and that's just them throwing numbers at me.. of course this was sometime in 2020.. I didnt bite cause it had to come with a manual. Yah it still cost more than what the Z will cost. But will see.. hoping the Supra manual will come down in price a bit. Either way the Z is still currently my first choice.. but I wish the Z came or had options for features the Supra has.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
D42CD7A7-5422-4A4D-9A20-B9AFA4223F4C.png

For the phantom grey spec i want. Comes out to 72k with freight actually, but still 72k is way over priced.
They just went direct conversion here in canada lol, probably why i never see a supra on the road here. Also not even tax in yet
Oh the phantom. That's the matte right? Sounds like trouble.

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I posted this on April 20. I was off by only $1,000.

Apr 20, 2022
Would not surprise me if the Performance is around $51K. A Q60 Red Sport is $59K. Same engine. Same factory. Made in Japan. Nissan just spent over $300 million renovating Tochigi. I would bet Nissan wanted to keep it under $50K but inflation is making everything skyrocket in price. Get used to the new normal.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I posted this on April 20. I was off by only $1,000.

Apr 20, 2022

Would not surprise me if the Performance is around $51K. A Q60 Red Sport is $59K. Same engine. Same factory. Made in Japan. Nissan just spent over $300 million renovating Tochigi. I would bet Nissan wanted to keep it under $50K but inflation is making everything skyrocket in price. Get used to the new normal.
I agree with your statement. But when other cars like Camaro and Mustang prices are still more affordable and reasonable for Moe performance and options. Nissan is high if they think people will be lining up to buy the Z. You gotta offer more for 50k.

Status
Not open for further replies.