TheGuverment

For profit. Strictly business.
First Name
Strickland
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Subaru WRX hatchback
All they have to do is back track and put the lsd in the sport.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
$47k for performance was my benchmark/hold out price, but now $6k above that is going to be the starting price of dealers to add on markups (+bs addons)...I'll hold off a year and pick up a lightly used one @ a 10% discount ( $45k) the same way people are picking up preowned supras at $50k-$52k.. Or just wait for Nismo and go balls out at $60k XD

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I'm out at this price this year, as much as I wanted the yellow.

Nissan has completely missed the boat on this pricing, especially since the exchange rate has been becoming more favorable.

EDIT: I just saw it'll be $1k+ for a paint color I may want. Ridiculous!

Last edited:

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
No, the C8 has remained exceptionally stable in its first few years, and it only increased marginally from the C7:

2019 Corvette Stingray - $56,590
2020 Corvette - $59,995

So, that's what, a 6% increase for moving to an entirely new platform and layout? That was actually extremely impressive.
I'll have to check, but I recall the second gen 2022 BRZ MSRP came in lower than the prior 2020 first gen. MSRP has since gone up, but I don't think by a huge amount.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
i have to think about this long and hard ...lol.. after watching the whole vid of gapplebees lol, also i know the supra is underrated like a mofo lol

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
I'll have to check, but I recall the second gen 2022 BRZ MSRP came in lower than the prior 2020 first gen. MSRP has since gone up, but I don't think by a huge amount.
I think you're right. The 2021 GR86 started at $28,775 and the 2022 came in at $28,725, strangely šŸ˜‚

The 2023 is expected to increase maybe slightly, but certainly nothing crazy.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I completely get your points.

But the simple fact is, ALL manufacturing at present is costing way more than pre pandemic. I bet your groceries cost more in the US, I bet your houses have gone up, I bet electricity, gas, petrol, have all increased ā€¦.I know it most certainly has here.
I said it before, history is littered by wars and pandemics, and what always follows as sure as day is price increases to the point in most cases we hit a bad recessionā€¦.might I even use the word depression

This is the way of the world at the moment, and itā€™s not going to get better anytime soonā€¦in fact Iā€™m guessing it will get far worse before it gets better.

As for the modding comment, I make it because younger people are more likely to mod than older people and by younger I mean 18-30. Might not be many 18 year olds who can afford it but plenty mid 20 professionals who could.

Look I donā€™t know Iā€™m just trying to find reason, I have another theory which a wrote on one of the threads.

But my main point is, day to day living is increasing rapidly and the car manufacturing industry has had to overcome more issues than most industry, so it only follows that their prices wouod also rise substantially.
I couldnā€™t agree more. Weā€™re still not used to the new normal. The world is changing and for some, including myself, is a hard pill to swallow.

nisslover

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37S Sedan 6-spd
Oh, I'll definitely be digging into the reviews today to see what's what. I think I already grasp the bullet points, though.

As to your first question.... Yes. I mean, don't we *all* want that? I suspect what you mean is that we shouldn't have expected it, which is probably true.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, at all, so let me state my specific position: within a single generation, the Z went from "car I can easily afford" to "car I cannot afford outside of the decontented base model" and that's frustrating. There's a substantial difference between a $36,000 car (like, say, a 2020 Sport trim) and a $50,000 car in terms of its market position, I imagine we'd agree on that.

I'm not a modder. My Z is my daily driver so it's largely unmolested outside of some small cosmetic changes. I'm trying to figure out how we can believe that $40,000 is a reasonable amount for a young person to spend on a vehicle they intend to dismantle. Maybe we define "young" differently. Or perhaps our parameters for affordability are just vastly different.

It's totally possible that I am a complete outlier, here. Maybe your average Z buyer has a high income and/or low overall cost of living. Maybe they tend to be older. Well, I'm off to get into these reviews! Such a lovely-looking car, isn't it?
Like I said in my first post, you can't really compare the price of the 2020 370Z to the new Z. That car was old and there wasn't much reason to buy it new over a used one for cheaper, so Nissan had to keep the price down which did make it a bargain. But trust me, if they had actually made updates to it, the price would have gone up over the years.

Add to that the new $30k is $40k. Plain and simple. Pricing is just higher. I think that is a hard pill to swallow overall for all of us. Everything is just high and it sux.

At the end of the day, Nissan is running a business... a business in a SUV/CUV/EV crazy world. They have to make money off of this thing, otherwise, this car would not exist. They know sales are not going to be crazy, unfortunately... so the price will have to reflect that in order for them to meet their bottom line.

While I think the pricing is fair, I do think Nissan should consider an optional LSD for the Sport trim and meet everyone in the middle. But again, it will most likely come at a price.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
Add to that the new $30k is $40k. Plain and simple. Pricing is just higher. I think that is a hard pill to swallow overall for all of us. Everything is just high and it sux.
Are you sure? What other examples of this can we find? That's part of what I'm struggling with in terms of not directly blaming Nissan for consciously moving the Z up market. Like, has the Mustang suddenly jumped into a new price bracket without anyone noticing? The Cayman? The Corvette?

I know we're trying to keep things positive, here, so I won't belabor the point any more than I need to. Not trying to drag others down with my own frustration.