West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
That wasn't a blunder by Nissan. That was a purposeful decision, especially since you can see what is put in the Performance trim. Nissan wanted to force the performance trim for premium profits. There isn't $10k worth of upgrades there. Blatant, gouging, cash grab.
Don’t know…it’s normal to only get one trim level, and at best two in Aus…take it or leave it

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
There's no way they could offer all of that for any less than $45k... Besides, that's all stuff that tuners will be changing anyway, besides the LSD. I think the whole point of the Sport is for the tuner... however, it seems most are unwilling to add an LSD aftermarket and are ruling out the Sport trim/the Z completely because it lacks it from the factory. Pretty much if the Sport had an LSD most complaints would be resolved and Nissan could re-capture some lost sales due to the sticker shock of the performance.
The 2020 370Z Sport trim added all of those components ontop of the base, (excl. the suspension I was mistaken on that) plus 19” Rays & Bose audio, for around ~$4K USD, so I don’t think it’d be much of a stretch.

Im not sure what the official trim packages are for JDM but Id imagine that’s essentially what their “Sport” trim includes. I say they should just make that the “base” model here, as the price could still be comparable with its competition.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
The 2020 370Z Sport trim added all of those components ontop of the base, (excl. the suspension I was mistaken on that) plus 19” Rays & Bose audio, for around ~$4K USD, so I don’t think it’d be much of a stretch.

Im not sure what the official trim packages are for JDM but Id imagine that’s essentially what their “Sport” trim includes. I say they should just make that the “base” model here, as the price could still be comparable with its competition.
Yeah, the idea that Nissan *couldn't* create some kind of "enthusiast" trim with the go-fast bits and nothing more for a reasonable premium over the base is silliness. They've done it before and, ostensibly, are still doing it in Japan. I hold out hope that they will in the future.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
So here's my suggestion... since we know Nissan is most likely monitoring this thread... What if for 2024, Nissan increased the price of the Sport to say $41,490 but it included the LSD... Would you all think that's worth the price? They also could bring the price of the Performance down slightly ($49,490) since that'll for sure decrease the price of the LSD since the volume would increase... you know if they're feeling generous. Lol

That's the biggest blunder here, the omission of the LSD on the Sport, if you ask me. I think the pricing is fine.
Nissan had to push out a trim for under $40K, so it is with the bare bones Sport. Instead of another level, they could offer LSD, and let's say for those that has to have leather, as options too. At least for the 2023 model year they want maximum profitability to force you to that Performance pricing. By 2024, who knows.

Lawless69

First Name
Ekrem
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI A5 SPORTBACK 40 TDI 2019
Its really interesting. there isnt any difference between manuel and auto. nissan killing the market on this...

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I
Its really interesting. there isnt any difference between manuel and auto. nissan killing the market on this...
I don’t think it is…they know that the manual is wanted and people are prepared to pay for it because they don’t want an auto…as much as I hate it ( I’ve ordered a manual) it makes good business sense
I think you’ll find when the Supra releases theirs it will be the same…maybe even more than the auto

Lawless69

First Name
Ekrem
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI A5 SPORTBACK 40 TDI 2019
I
I don’t think it is…they know that the manual is wanted and people are prepared to pay for it because they don’t want an auto…as much as I hate it ( I’ve ordered a manual) it makes good business sense
I think you’ll find when the Supra releases theirs it will be the same…maybe even more than the auto
More than auto ??? Well supra fans can pay it that and i understand but everybody knows that manuel transmisson cost less than AT.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Right, but my groceries haven't seen a 30% increase in price 😂
This comment is not aging well.

No, the C8 has remained exceptionally stable in its first few years, and it only increased marginally from the C7:

2019 Corvette Stingray - $56,590
2020 Corvette - $59,995

So, that's what, a 6% increase for moving to an entirely new platform and layout? That was actually extremely impressive.
First - NO ONE bought a 2020 Vette for that price.

Second - this is what Chevy does. They artificially deflate the actual price for its first model year. The 2014 Corvette Stingray debuted at $51,995. It got to $56,590 in 5 years with little if any significant updates.

As for the C8, the base price is already up to $63,995 from $59,995 and there have been ZERO changes to the car. Perfectly in line with how Chevy does business.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
This comment is not aging well.

First - NO ONE bought a 2020 Vette for that price.

Second - this is what Chevy does. They artificially deflate the actual price for its first model year. The 2014 Corvette Stingray debuted at $51,995. It got to $56,590 in 5 years with little if any significant updates.

As for the C8, the base price is already up to $63,995 from $59,995 and there have been ZERO changes to the car. Perfectly in line with how Chevy does business.
Interesting takes.

First - that comment has actually aged like wine given that, again, my grocery prices haven't changed by any margin even within *shouting distance* of 30%. I'd love to say that Naples is a unique market, unaffected by these changes, but that's completely untrue, at least from a real estate perspective.

Second - You're right, but also virtually *nobody* has purchased a car for the base MSRP. Like any car. That's rather rare just broadly speaking. I was only illustrating the point that Chevy was super aggressive with their MSRP positioning vs Nissan moving rather far upmarket - NO ONE is paying that for a Z either.

Third - You're certainly right about Chevy's general practices, and it is likely holding true with the C8. Ford hasn't gone that route with the Mustang, for instance, though they certainly could if they saw fit. None of this excuses Nissan laying 12 years of cumulative inflation on consumers in a single model year, if that's the argument.