nisslover

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37S Sedan 6-spd
So here's my suggestion... since we know Nissan is most likely monitoring this thread... What if for 2024, Nissan increased the price of the Sport to say $41,490 but it included the LSD... Would you all think that's worth the price? They also could bring the price of the Performance down slightly ($49,490) since that'll for sure decrease the price of the LSD since the volume would increase... you know if they're feeling generous. Lol

That's the biggest blunder here, the omission of the LSD on the Sport, if you ask me. I think the pricing is fine.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
BG getting all three colors is such a big win. That much bright color added to the shiftiness of the BG really does make it a desirable option. Unfortunately, I really am sold on Blue on Blue (but I’d concede for a red on red). Honestly this car looks good in every color.
Agreed a win. Manufacturers sometimes play games with base models, only offering a smaller number of paint colors. Kudos to Nissan for offering the other colors on BG.

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
So here's my suggestion... since we know Nissan is most likely monitoring this thread... What if for 2024, Nissan increased the price of the Sport to say $41,490 but it included the LSD... Would you all think that's worth the price? They also could bring the price of the Performance down slightly ($49,490) since that'll for sure decrease the price of the LSD since the volume would increase... you know if they're feeling generous. Lol

That's the biggest blunder here, the omission of the LSD on the Sport, if you ask me. I think the pricing is fine.
Agree 100%

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT

I think the best trim/pricing strategy Nissan could’ve employed was exactly what they’re offering in the JDM (which was basically a direct carryover from the 370Z trim structure)

But alternatively, if they’re insistent on calling the base trim “Sport” I would’ve liked to see them equip it as such. In other words, the base trim should be equivalent to the 370Z Sport (LSD, Akebono brakes, SRM, sport suspension etc) and priced a bit closer to the 2.0 Supra, which is fine because it’s value is immensely greater.

Then like you’re suggesting, they could perhaps do whatever it takes to convince the bean counters to drop the Perf trim price a bit since the Sport would likely sell in greater volume to help bring cost down.

nisslover

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37S Sedan 6-spd
I think the best trim/pricing strategy Nissan could’ve employed was exactly what they’re offering in the JDM (which was basically a direct carryover from the 370Z trim structure)

But alternatively, if they’re insistent on calling the base trim “Sport” I would’ve liked to see them equip it as such. In other words, the base trim should be equivalent to the 370Z Sport (LSD, Akebono brakes, SRM, sport suspension etc) and priced a bit closer to the 2.0 Supra, which is fine because it’s value is immensely greater.

Then like you’re suggesting, they could perhaps do whatever it takes to convince the bean counters to drop the Perf trim price a bit since the Sport would likely sell in greater volume to help bring cost down.
There's no way they could offer all of that for any less than $45k... Besides, that's all stuff that tuners will be changing anyway, besides the LSD. I think the whole point of the Sport is for the tuner... however, it seems most are unwilling to add an LSD aftermarket and are ruling out the Sport trim/the Z completely because it lacks it from the factory. Pretty much if the Sport had an LSD most complaints would be resolved and Nissan could re-capture some lost sales due to the sticker shock of the performance.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Y'all are taking loans out for a toy?
Yep….as Someone else mentioned in Australia we have a thing called a home equity loan. When you buy your home you borrow whatever you need and pay it off over time, then if you need to buy something else and you’ve paid enough off your loan you can use that money to buy it.
we have paid off our house but kept a couple hundred dollars on the loan intentionally so we could use it to borrow for cars or maybe a holiday etc. We also have plenty of shares that we could sell to pay for the car, but with the interest rates that the banks are giving being so low it’s not worth it as the shares make more in dividends
So yes borrowed, but if needed we could pay

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
We also have home equity loans. The interest is tax deductible.

If someone buys your home, they payoff the loan as part of the purchase price = free Z. 😛

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
We also have home equity loans. The interest is tax deductible.

If someone buys your home, they payoff the loan as part of the purchase price = free Z. 😛
I can’t tell if your joking?
that’s not how it works here, you sell your house you pay your loan.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
Taking money out on your house to buy a car is just a terrible idea..... just saying.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
I can’t tell if your joking?
that’s not how it works here, you sell your house you pay your loan.
No joke...the HELOC (Home Equity Line of Credit) is actually a lien on the house. The settlement agent cuts a check to the HELOC bank.

The Z is not necessarily free as it comes out of your home sale proceeds, but it doesn't come out of your income.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
No joke...the HELOC (Home Equity Line of Credit) is actually a lien on the house. The settlement agent cuts a check to the HELOC bank.

The Z is not necessarily free as it comes out of your home sale proceeds, but it doesn't come out of your income.
Thats crazy!

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Taking money out on your house to buy a car is just a terrible idea..... just saying.
I don’t see why…Interest rates are much lower than the financing or loans coming out of the bank…we have the money there in shares and actually we have it in our business as cash savings too, so we could if needed take a loan from our business ( which is actually still our money) , don't You worry we have looked at all options with our accountant to find the best option for us where we pay the least interest whilst our money in the other accounts and shares grow.

Of course, if you took the money out of your home equity loan and had no way to repay that, had no savings, no shares, no money in a business then your correct it’s risky ….but not if you actually have the cash on hand elsewhere but trying to maximise interest, dividends etc and worked out with a trained accountant the best way to capitalise on all of that…then no it’s not

The issue here is if you own a business, you first pay business tax which is very high, and then when you pay yourself you pay a high income tax on top of that so you get double taxed if you like. Now the more you earn the higher the tax bracket Is for your income tax.… so your better off paying yourself the award rate and leaving the rest in the business until needed where it will earn much higher interest
Again with the amount of shares we have the, dividends pays the same as 1 full days work every week for doing absolutely nothing other than them sitting in the share account

plenty of money ( well when I say plenty…we are not rolling in it or anything like that), just choosing the best way to maximise it

Last edited: