First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
It is looking a little better in the vid. But I'm still not sure about the front end. I think even if they left the front grille as it is, what it really needs is some fog lights or at least some vents or something to break up that space to the sides of the grille.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
It is looking a little better in the vid. But I'm still not sure about the front end. I think even if they left the front grille as it is, what it really needs is some fog lights or at least some vents or something to break up that space to the sides of the grille.
Thing is, no car will ever appeal to everyone 100 percent.
There will always be things that some like and some don’t.
That’s the beauty of the Z, it’s a car known for owners adapting and tinkering until they get it just so.

I like it, because once the number plate goes on it will break it up, it’s instantly recognisable, and at the height it is in real life the effect will be softened, rather than us seeing it in pictures where the grill is directly at eye level.
Almost everyone who has seen it in person, say they now understand and like it.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Great video, like the little extras like logo in the headlights.
Obviously camera not operational in the proto ( guy adjusting side mirrors to reverse)

Imagine getting to drive it though and only going a top of 30miles per hour

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Nice! Finally we get to hear what it sounds like with a bit more rpm then just the super quiet putting around. Can't wait!

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Finally a video with sound - and if the car sounds as good from the driver's seat as this proto does, it's going to sell itself no problem, that engine/exhaust note is right on the money. It sounds SO much better than four bangers like the CTR and the twins.

Question: why was the audio cut out in the last part of that video, when they revved the engine to the redline? Very odd, did Nissan force them to do that? If so maybe the engine note in the production car is quite a bit different (read: not as good) and they want to avoid getting attacked on that front later.

Interior seems good overall, the one big strike against it IMO is the slathering of piano black all over the steering wheel hub, that is awful and there will be no aftermarket fix for it.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Question: why was the audio cut out in the last part of that video, when they revved the engine to the redline? Very odd, did Nissan force them to do that? If so maybe the engine note in the production car is quite a bit different (read: not as good) and they want to avoid getting attacked on that front later.
I think the rev to the redline is just a simulation. I've seen that in multiple videos online where the car isn't even running.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Finally a video with sound - and if the car sounds as good from the driver's seat as this proto does, it's going to sell itself no problem, that engine/exhaust note is right on the money. It sounds SO much better than four bangers like the CTR and the twins.

Interior seems good overall, the one big strike against it IMO is the slathering of piano black all over the steering wheel hub, that is awful and there will be no aftermarket fix for it.
Might have to get your sewing machine out and fashion a cover of sorts
Agree with you though

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
A few more details, good share! Couple of notes: Current dash display still shows 2 boost gauges, I hope the one in the dash is configurable to show other engine info, like a more useful AFR gauge. Another is headroom which is plentiful, I'm not close to 6'5", great!. Also, will there be options for tires besides the Dunlop, e.g. Michelin Sport Cups or Super Sports? Can anybody confirm if those calipers are still the Akebonos or ??

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
I would like a big Z on the top of the seats...like the Lexus F car seats...

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
The rear tires on the proto has always looked anemic compared to the fronts. Looks more stretched with a lower profile.
I hope it doesn't make it to production that way knowing how picky the vsc is with tire sizes.