because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
EDIT: this could also just be protection for the front bumper, i.e. like a clear bra. Maybe this person was travelling long distance and didn't want to risk rock chips? In either event, these are likely press cars, so seems odd that someone would go through all that trouble.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Also just noticed that the wheels are two different sets, and the calipers are different colors.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
VERY interesting and I'm pleased to see this. Also the wheels appear to be the 2020 Nissan 370Z Sport wheels in all black AND the 2016+ Nissan 370Z Nismo wheels in all black. The front bumper is definitely different. I very much would like to see a front shot of this to get a better idea. I still haven't been sold on the front bumper of the current Z. This may change my mind completely.

EDIT: Also the brakes appear to be 6 piston in the front.

Last edited:

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Could be an after-market company testing a new nose design, rather than Nissan itself. Unlikely though.

More likely is that all that covering could just be hiding the standard nose for some other reason, as because_murica said above.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
For what reason?
If it’s for the Nismo…well good luck, can’t even get the normal model out in a timely fashion, and will dismay people from the performance/ proto if they think the wait for the Nismo is not much longer than the current wait

If it’s for an update on the current Z it will instantly make the Zs that have been produced collectors items regardless if they are coupes or Protos..making the exorbitant price of the proto ridiculous, and a total waste of money.

To be honest Nissan needs to concentrate on one thing and do it well at this stage.
Every Facebook page, and even here in the forum have multiple comments where people have simple given up waiting and bought something else.

They have royally stuffed this up

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
For what reason?
If it’s for the Nismo…well good luck, can’t even get the normal model out in a timely fashion, and will dismay people from the performance/ proto if they think the wait for the Nismo is not much longer than the current wait
Car makers are always going to test new iterations well before their release. Just because the first year of production cars has barely reached dealerships should not stop them from testing future iterations.

We knew Nismo was coming, as well as additional trim levels, so this shouldn't be a huge surprise. The rep I spoke to at NYIAS, for example, said we can expect details of a Nismo spec as early as the end of next year.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Car makers are always going to test new iterations well before their release. Just because the first year of production cars has barely reached dealerships should not stop them from testing future iterations.

We knew Nismo was coming, as well as additional trim levels, so this shouldn't be a huge surprise. The rep I spoke to at NYIAS, for example, said we can expect details of a Nismo spec as early as the end of next year.
Yeah…just like the said we can expect the Z in March this year….

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
Could be an after-market company testing a new nose design, rather than Nissan itself. Unlikely though.

More likely is that all that covering could just be hiding the standard nose for some other reason, as because_murica said above.
i dont really think so, that nose in a specific camouflage manufacturers use for hiding details. there would be absolutely no reason to use it for the old nose