(New Member) Got my NISMO......classic muscle to JDM.....let the journey begin!

OP
OP
_niSmoZ

_niSmoZ

First Name
Leonard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z NISMO
Occupation
Owner/operator of RuneWorks Garage

CRYDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Proto, 2013 BMW M3 GTS
Occupation
sometimes
Did something this weekend……..something I wanted to do since having that 300ZX TT poster on my wall as a kid……since being stationed in Japan and actually driving one of those 300ZX TTs (and owning an S13 Silvia with a stout SR20DET)……since loving the design of the Z going back to its origins as the Fairlady Z in 69’…..since forever. This Nissan Z NISMO incorporates subtle design cues from the great Z’s of the past and is truly a work of art in my eyes. My background and mechanical knowledge is classic Ford muscle of the 60's & early 70s, so actually wrenching on this thing is going to be all new, but I'm looking forward to the journey. I was able, after much respectful back and forth, to get my NISMO for MSRP and avoid the $10k markup they had on it. Is the car too expensive? Absolutely, but everything is these days and this is what I wanted, so I'm beyond happy.

I'm looking forward to meeting many of you, learning and sharing this journey.
C8F24D7C-E138-4B3F-9BE2-2E13FCDA7D2A.jpg
Awesome negotiating MSRP!! congradulations and Enjoy the Ride. Speed Thrills!! Be Safe.

Z Again

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota T100, Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
retired
Stealth grey is one of my favorites and easier to keep clean than black.

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
Welcome and congrats on this Nismo! Looking at your parts list made me want to share some information. The AMS intercoolers do not fit with the Z1 CF engine cover. Which I see you will be getting the Nismo cover. It is more slim in design and looks to not have an overhang on the edges so it may work. Just food for thought, a slight trim may be necessary. You may be the first person to figure this out for everyone. Also early march I will be listing a set of AMS Intercoolers that have less than 100 miles on them. It could save you a decent chunk of change. I am upgrading Turbos and they do not work with the new ones.

OP
OP
_niSmoZ

_niSmoZ

First Name
Leonard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z NISMO
Occupation
Welcome and congrats on this Nismo! Looking at your parts list made me want to share some information. The AMS intercoolers do not fit with the Z1 CF engine cover. Which I see you will be getting the Nismo cover. It is more slim in design and looks to not have an overhang on the edges so it may work. Just food for thought, a slight trim may be necessary. You may be the first person to figure this out for everyone. Also early march I will be listing a set of AMS Intercoolers that have less than 100 miles on them. It could save you a decent chunk of change. I am upgrading Turbos and they do not work with the new ones.
Yes please, do let me know when you're ready to sell them! Also, thanks for the head's up on the fitiment; we'll see what happens lol.

OP
OP
_niSmoZ

_niSmoZ

First Name
Leonard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z NISMO
Occupation

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
Did you ever get the Nismo exhaust installed? What are your thoughts ?

OP
OP
_niSmoZ

_niSmoZ

First Name
Leonard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z NISMO
Occupation
Did you ever get the Nismo exhaust installed? What are your thoughts ?
I did, as well as the NISMO intakes. I'll upload the dyno video to Instagram and link it here later today so you can have an idea of how it sounds. I freaking love it overall; sounds sooooooo much better than stock, yet still not annoyingly loud for those of us that live in neighborhoods lol.

Who.Am.Eye.2716

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
I did, as well as the NISMO intakes. I'll upload the dyno video to Instagram and link it here later today so you can have an idea of how it sounds. I freaking love it overall; sounds sooooooo much better than stock, yet still not annoyingly loud for those of us that live in neighborhoods lol.
Get the video uploaded?