(New Member) Got my NISMO......classic muscle to JDM.....let the journey begin!

iztrumental

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Nismo
Tyvm

Black!
SG was my preference
But, black was the only one available for my situation
(Close to home, MSRP)

Being in Canada, much fewer numbers then the USD Nismo availability.

Imo, every color on the Nismo edition looks amazing
True about the colors. I would rank the black 2nd behind the SG. Enjoy the ride once you get it!

OP
OP
_niSmoZ

_niSmoZ

First Name
Leonard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z NISMO
Occupation
Owner/operator of RuneWorks Garage
Please post some before and after videos with the Nismo exhaust!
I absolutely will do @AlanZ! I plan on keeping a detailed video journal for anything I do to the Z and will be happy to share it in this thread if that makes the most sense. I could start a YT channel as well if thatā€™d help. I have some good mics as well, so I should be able to capture good sound.

OP
OP
_niSmoZ

_niSmoZ

First Name
Leonard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z NISMO
Occupation
Love them all. I donā€™t want any performance mods myself but I wouldnā€™t mind some of the aesthetic parts like the engine cover. Thx for posting these. Iā€™ll eventually order some.
You bet! Iā€™m with you though manā€¦..I stayed up late last night going down a mods/accessory rabbit hole lol.

OP
OP
_niSmoZ

_niSmoZ

First Name
Leonard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z NISMO
Occupation
1. got the cover and love it. you will need to freshen up the exposed intercooler cores a bit as they have stickers and yellow paint marks on them. I polished mine by hand
4. had them ordered but currently on indefinite back order while the intakes are emissions tested.
6. if you are keeping the stock wheels those wont work as the lug seating isnt correct
8. oil filler cap is very cool I have it also

PXL_20231215_212349072.jpg
Thanks so much for sharing the picture of your badass engine bay @MCN1SMO! Makes me feel good about that engine cover purchase. Also, thanks for the great advice on the inter coolers and making them more presentable; Iā€™ll absolutely be doing that. Thatā€™s a bummer about the lugs; Iā€™ll see if I can find some NISMO ones that work. I made a couple additional ā€œaccessoryā€ purchases last night that Iā€™ll share below; I was finally able to find a NISMO cover for those cooling/radiator tubs.

iztrumental

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Nismo
You bet! Iā€™m with you though manā€¦..I stayed up late last night going down a mods/accessory rabbit hole lol.
Thatā€™s how I was when I was narrowing down my choice for my midlife crisis car šŸ˜† videos after videos but my heart is always with the Nissan/Infiniti cars. Leased a 08 G37 and owned a 04 G35.

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
6. if you are keeping the stock wheels those wont work as the lug seating isnt correct

Do we know what lugs do work for the Nismo wheels?
Shopping around for a set.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
OP
OP
_niSmoZ

_niSmoZ

First Name
Leonard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z NISMO
Occupation
so technically no NISMO lug is gonna work for the OEM NISMO wheels. the OEM needs what is called a shank lug. the NISMO and others like RAYS are called conical which have a tapered end.

I looked and really if you wanted to just do a black version of the OEM and get rid of the chrome I think these will work.

https://www.z1motorsports.com/lug-n...ogfNrtBN_FL8ceqNphtPYrKpKJtY4lXIaAnljEALw_wcB
Damn, so even Rays lugs wonā€™t fit the Rays wheels? https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/...WsTyYc0dfYViskaxo2rm-ui2JqOe1YgxoCAxkQAvD_BwE

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

they would fit any aftermarket RAYS like a TE37 just fine but this is an OEM wheel made by RAYS so it supposed to use the OEM seated lug basically the lug has a shank above the threaded part that makes contact and puts pressure on the wheel is what makes the OEM different. aftermarket lugs will fit its just you arnt getting the same contact as you do with the OEM lug so its just not as safe if that makes sense

Screenshot 2024-02-11 154550.png

OP
OP
_niSmoZ

_niSmoZ

First Name
Leonard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z NISMO
Occupation
they would fit like a RAYS TE37 just fine but this is an OEM wheel made by RAYS so it uses the OEM seating. basically the lug has a shank that makes contact and puts pressure on the wheel is what makes the OEM different. aftermarket lugs will fit its just you arnt getting the same contact as you do with the OEM lug so its just not as safe if that makes sense

Screenshot 2024-02-11 154550.png
Ahhh, gotcha, thanks so much for the detail.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
this is the NISMO lug for example. I just recently figured all this out myself as I too was hellbent on getting NISMO lugs

Screenshot 2024-02-11 154800.png