New Member, my 3rd Z

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nissan Z Performance 6MT and many more...
Occupation
Hospitality Management
Congratulations... Looks just like mine, lol. ; )

OP
OP
AlanZ

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
Ordered the ground lighting kit with harness from Z1. Not sure if I should go to dealer to have it installed or go to a local electric/radio guy. I might call Monday to see how much the dealer charges.

Booked an appointment to have the Z Ceramic coated on 11/11.

I think after this…. I’m done doing anything else to the Z…

OP
OP
AlanZ

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Civil Servant
Called a local Nissan dealer to get a quote on the labor to install the ground lighting kit. He told me 3 hours of work for $400.
Thoughts?

Hubert

Hubert
First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Called a local Nissan dealer to get a quote on the labor to install the ground lighting kit. He told me 3 hours of work for $400.
Thoughts?
I haven't gotten a quote for mine yet. I went for all accessories, except the keyless-entry, as I that could raise the risk of getting stolen.

OP
OP
AlanZ

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Civil Servant
I haven't gotten a quote for mine yet. I went for all accessories, except the keyless-entry, as I that could raise the risk of getting stolen.
I called another dealership and they sounded confused and said I would have to bring my Z to the dealer so they could “give a proper quote.” I told them no thanks . I mean it’s an oem part , I gave them the part # and everything .

Hubert

Hubert
First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
I called another dealership and they sounded confused and said I would have to bring my Z to the dealer so they could “give a proper quote.” I told them no thanks . I mean it’s an oem part , I gave them the part # and everything .
It's astonishing that they don't have a predefined rate for these accessories. :mad:

OP
OP
AlanZ

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Civil Servant
Installed the Nissan OEM ground lighting kit today. Paid a local mechanic who is excellent with electrical work. Paid $250 for labor compared to $400 from Nissan Dealer. I’ll post a better picture in the future as I was in a rush today due to work. The ground lighting is brighter in photos. It is much more subtle in person.

IMG_5414.jpeg

Hubert

Hubert
First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Installed the Nissan OEM ground lighting kit today. Paid a local mechanic who is excellent with electrical work. Paid $250 for labor compared to $400 from Nissan Dealer. I’ll post a better picture in the future as I was in a rush today due to work. The ground lighting is brighter in photos. It is much more subtle in person.

IMG_5414.jpeg
Thank you for posting. When is it on?

OP
OP
AlanZ

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Civil Servant
It turns on when you hit the unlock button and when your door is open.
It turns off when you hit the lock button or it turns off after a few seconds.

Hubert

Hubert
First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
It turns on when you hit the unlock button and when your door is open.
It turns off when you hit the lock button or it turns off after a few seconds.
Thank you! My Z is still in preparation for full PPF. Turns out mine will be the 1st new Nismo ever done by Xpel, so they had to send a technician to perform some scans to correct the schematics. When that is completed next week, the next step will be these OEM accessories.

OP
OP
AlanZ

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Civil Servant
So the OEM ground lighting kit from Nissan does not come with (2) necessary Nissan Accessory harnesses.

My Z came with the illuminated kick plates and because it came with those from factory, my Z had the (2) necessary Nissan accessory harnesses. (Hope that makes sense)

My Z will be getting ceramic coated tomorrow morning. I’ll post pics when it’s done!

Hubert

Hubert
First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
So the OEM ground lighting kit from Nissan does not come with (2) necessary Nissan Accessory harnesses.

My Z came with the illuminated kick plates and because it came with those from factory, my Z had the (2) necessary Nissan accessory harnesses. (Hope that makes sense)

My Z will be getting ceramic coated tomorrow morning. I’ll post pics when it’s done!
Good to know. Mine has the illuminated kick plates, so I am covered.