How to display the gears on the digital display?

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film
This is my digital gauge display. I leave it in sport mode because normal is boring and enhanced is weird. However in any mode I have tried I cannot get the gear to display. My understanding is that left of the tachometer it should display my gear N, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6.

I cannot find this setting anywhere and so today I stopped by the dealership to get my tags and figured I would ask them. I really shouldn't be surprised but they seem to know very little about this car. After all I researched and stalked it for a year while this one was the only Z to ever be in the dealership. My thoughts have amplified and now I am wondering if this is not a setting I am missing but something wrong with the car.

The dealerships theory is that it is only on automatics. Mine is a manual sport, but I want to check and compare with all you people.

1) does your gear display on the dash?
2) what trim/transmission do you have?
2) do you know of some secret setting to turn it on?

PXL_20230417_040240949.jpg

OP
OP
Ckynus

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film
Based on reviews I have seen online this is what I assume it should look like. The gear is left of the tachometer in sport and center of the tachometer in normal.

Screenshot 2023-04-22 145114.jpg

Screenshot_20230417-215417.jpg

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
mine says D then when you switch the manual mode it shows the actual gear #

PXL_20230422_223632162.jpg

PXL_20230422_223636177.MP.jpg

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
In the auto it shows "D" unless you're using the paddles in which case it shows the gear you're in. Haven't seen any settings regarding the gear display.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just watched a youtube review of the manual and does indeed show the gear # in the sport display just like the auto

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
In the auto it shows "D" unless you're using the paddles in which case it shows the gear you're in. Haven't seen any settings regarding the gear display.
Can confirm this.
In auto, Gears are only displayed in Manual / Paddle Shift mode.

Reactions: Mud

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
You're probably aware but to get into the full vehicle settings you need the dash to be in normal mode. The settings are accessed via the dash, not the infotainment. There may be something in there.

No idea why you can't get into the settings while in sport display or why they're not in the infotainment. One of the quirks of the car.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
only quirk ive discovered is sometimes when I have the audio displayed on the infotainment like sirius XM the menu will change on its own to the phone menu

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
I have a manual in Australia and yes the current gear is always displayed lady of the tachometer in sport mode. In Australia there is only one variant which is closer to the US performance. Will check today if I can see if that is a setting that can be edited.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I have a manual in Australia and yes the current gear is always displayed lady of the tachometer in sport mode. In Australia there is only one variant which is closer to the US performance. Will check today if I can see if that is a setting that can be edited.
Interesting, only in Sport mode on a manual, why limit it if that display is avail? I always get a kick swapping out my shift knob on my manuals to ones without the shift gates/pattern. A guessing game to whoever decides to drive them, priceless!! 🤔 ;)

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Interesting, only in Sport mode on a manual, why limit it if that display is avail? I always get a kick swapping out my shift knob on my manuals to ones without the shift gates/pattern. A guessing game to whoever decides to drive them, priceless!! 🤔 ;)
I mean sport display mode sorry. In sport display it shows both sport (with a small s) and non sport drive modes. Didn’t get a chance to check display settings yet sorry.

Luke93

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
6spd Performance
You get some more options when you go into the menu from enhanced mode. In there you'll see a setting saying heads up option or something rather. Shouldn't be hard to find but yea going into the options from enhanced is probably what your missing here. If you still can't get it I'll go out and give you a step by step

SoupZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Fit; 2023 Nissan Z
Maybe Figured it out? I have a manual performance.

change to normal view
Open the options menu
Scroll down to personal display
Select gear position?
Let us know if that works !
IMG_2769.jpeg

OP
OP
Ckynus

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film
Wow that's wild but it looks like it is not an option on my car. thank you all so much for looking into it with me.

PXL_20230424_175154662.jpg