First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Right, I don't understand the hate for other peoples color preference.
It's not hate for other people's color preference, it's just hate for the color. You do you, boo boo.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Just mute the video... gives a good view of BG from various angles and fairly close up. You can clearly see how flat the paint is if you view this at full res, not the paint for me.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Not metallic, but he does say there is pearl. It must be very subtle like the pearl on the yellow I saw, I am not really seeing it on videos or photos.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Not metallic, but he does say there is pearl. It must be very subtle like the pearl on the yellow I saw, I am not really seeing it on videos or photos.
Metallic, pearl, whatever the difference, there is definitely flake in the paint. This is why we see it having that blueish color in so many pics and vids depending on the lighting/angle. If it was flat it wouldn't be changing color like that. You can see the flake "sparkle" as he passes by with the camera in the videos below slow mo.

boulder grey paint close up1.png

boulder grey paint close up2.png

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
I'm not too crazy with the piano black steering wheel. I think I prefer the matte color better.
2023-Nissan-Z-interior-8-696x464.jpg

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
I'm not too crazy with the piano black steering wheel. I think I prefer the matte color better.
2023-Nissan-Z-interior-8-696x464.jpg

Plus if it was flat bottom it would look really good. Nice matte ppf on the glossy buttons would solve the dreaded fingerprint issues

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Okay so this definitely confirms the paint is not a flat color it has metallic flake in the paint. You can see it "sparkle" when he gets close with the camera.
Does anybody know for a fact if the crossbar at 7:53 on can be used as an approved harness bar? I’m not talking for street use, but competition.